Premier League games shown on foreign decoders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an optional service for extra channels, not sure it can be claimed a rip off.

It's an optional service for extra channels, not sure it can be claimed a rip off.

They have been found in breach of competition laws both in the cosy tie-up with the Premier League and on the re-selling charges. I'd have said the claim of ripping people off is pretty much proven.

A rip-off would suggest that the channels are not worth the money. I'd say theat they are well worth every one of my 20 pounds a month.

They (Sky) will get around this ruling, because of the caveat within the Courts decision, that they have copyright over a number of factors during transmission, everything from advertising to the technology they use. Therefore this decision may not be all it seems, be very wary of what might happen in a few months.

A rip-off would suggest that the channels are not worth the money. I'd say theat they are well worth every one of my 20 pounds a month.

I don't believe it is worth that and I loathe the idea of giving Murdoch money so I no longer subscribe...but is it a rip-off?

I don't buy sweets, popcorn or drink at the cinema because the pricing is a rip-off. I'm not sure the same claim of over-priced product could be levelled at Sky, especially if you compare the output to the utter wank on the terrestrial channels.

The BBC licence fee - now that's a rip-off.

40 pounds a month, isn't it? £20 entertainment package and £20 on top. The bundling practices are partly why it is a rip-off.

40 pounds a month, isn't it? £20 entertainment package and £20 on top. The bundling practices are partly why it is a rip-off.

you mean being able to pay for the channels you want and not others makes it a rip off? odd.

you mean being able to pay for the channels you want and not others makes it a rip off? odd.

Exactly the opposite, isn't it? You might want just Sky Sports but you have to pay £20 a month for a load of programmes you don't want.

Can't you get Freeview+ and pay for Sky Sports?

Freeview+ relates to the ability to record programmes which are shown on the Freeview platform.

SkySports1 & 2 and ESPN are available through TopUp-TV. You need additional equipment and have to subscribe to receive the extra channels

Freeview+ relates to the ability to record programmes which are shown on the Freeview platform.

SkySports1 & 2 and ESPN are available through TopUp-TV. You need additional equipment and have to subscribe to receive the extra channels

that's what I meant. it still provides a cheaper route to getting sky sports

It's based on the rateable value of the pub I believe. Although not perfect, I can't think of a better way of charging.

The only other sensible way to do it (in my opinion) would be based on turnover which would be a ballache to administer, RV seems the sensible and straight forward method depending how accurate and up to date their records are.

The local cable company here (not Virgin) has been advertising that they have the cheapest prices in the country for Sky Sports. Still looked horrendously expensive to me.

Cheapest price is going to the pub for me. Me and Fitz jnr have watched just as many games on tv in the year as we did when I was paying £60+ a month.

that's what I meant. it still provides a cheaper route to getting sky sports

Are all the games on SS1 or SS2? - genuine question; I don't know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669