Premier League games shown on foreign decoders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheapest price is going to the pub for me. Me and Fitz jnr have watched just as many games on tv in the year as we did when I was paying £60+ a month.
And so get ripped off by the brewery / government by way of the drink prices. Hmmmmm.

Best value is ring Sky periodically and get through to cancellations. Threaten to leave as you cant afford it any more.
Did it last month and offered 25% off my package for 6 months if I took sports and movies. Works out £37pm. Must be prepared to get your bluff called though.

They did a couple of years ago and I went to freeview for a bit. Soon had a flood of e-mails begging me to come back with all sorts of free offers. I think I caved when they offered movies and sports free for 3 months. Gotta play the game these days with everything. Insurance, utilities, shopping. banking etc. etc.. Save yourself a fortune. Worth setting aside a day to sort it all in one go.

Yes the evenings positively fly by down these a ways.

And so get ripped off by the brewery / government by way of the drink prices. Hmmmmm.

Not an issue when I'm watching with my 17 month old, I'm on orange juice which I don't get charged for (would only cost me about £2 for the two hours anyhow). If I was having a couple of jars specifically for a game I could keep it down enough that it's still cheaper.

that's what I meant. it still provides a cheaper route to getting sky sports

35 quid, but missing SS3 and 4. Maybe a saving - it depends how important the other 2 channels are. But all that really illustrates is the 2nd reason why Sky is being accused of ripping people off - it wholesales Sports and Movies at pretty much retail prices, so other TV providers can't compete on cost.

35 quid, but missing SS3 and 4. Maybe a saving - it depends how important the other 2 channels are. But all that really illustrates is the 2nd reason why Sky is being accused of ripping people off - it wholesales Sports and Movies at pretty much retail prices, so other TV providers can't compete on cost.

How much do top up tv pay then? Maybe they realise the market potential for charging that much and take a whopping profit?

How much do top up tv pay then? Maybe they realise the market potential for charging that much and take a whopping profit?

I don't know how much this year, but last year it was £19.07. 'Market potential' is not really the right choice of words since we're still looking at a cosy oligopoly.

It's cause that's how it's done with baseball. Every red sox game is televised etc

In this day and age you would almost expect that every game was televised. Whether they charge a fee for doing that or not is up for debate, but given the levels of demand you'd expect there to be the option.

In this day and age you would almost expect that every game was televised. Whether they charge a fee for doing that or not is up for debate, but given the levels of demand you'd expect there to be the option.

I don't have any problem with the NFL model of televised games, if stadium is 85% full or more...the game's televised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00