Premier League Predictor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win against Newcastle and QPR and a draw against Sunderland keep us up.

I would not risk that being the height of our ambition.

Last edited:
We'll go into the last game of the season needing only a draw, QPR will already be relegated and have nothing to play for. We will loose and our fate will be decided by Man Utd, who only manage to get an equaliser against hull 5 minutes into injury time.

Last edited:
What is Homer's prediction for this one then?

We always win the weekend before and after my birthday, it's like a deal I did with Satan. This Saturday is a guaranteed three points.

We always win the weekend before and after my birthday, it's like a deal I did with Satan. This Saturday is a guaranteed three points.
What happens if he doesn't hold his part of the deal? Will you get his soul then? If so, can you bring it around so we can play with it?

If we beat Swansea and move off the bottom of the table, then I'll really start believing. I think we could even stay up on goal difference given how tight it is now.

I agree with this. A win on Saturday changes everything.

Looking at the various predictions and how tight it all is down at the bottom made me recall that last minute goal we conceded at home to Burnley again. Schmeichel basically handing them an open goal to score from and throwing two points away whilst giving a relegation rival a point and a major boost. I immediately said that I hope that moment doesn't end up costing us dearly.

If we do end up going down by a narrow margin, that's the key moment we fecked it up. If we end up staying up, got a feeling we'll reflect on the win at home to Swansea as the moment.

There are too many incidents this season to blame the goal against Burnley.

Our complete lack of interest against Hull being one.

There are too many incidents this season to blame the goal against Burnley.

Our complete lack of interest against Hull being one.

Indeed, although the Burnley equaliser felt significant even at the time. I remember feeling sure that we were in for a struggle after that game. The performance was poor anyway but that goal knocked the stuffing out of us. I'd be surprised if the two goals conceded against Burnley didn't inform Pearson's decision to play more defensively in the matches that followed. Throughout our positive start to the season we were conceding lots and I'm sure we'd have ended up on the receiving end of a couple of thrashings had we continued in that manner.

I've long been convinced that we should have just carried on with our positive outlook and that, if we had, we wouldn't be a million miles from being safe now. As it happens I think we're going to get away with it and I just hope that Pearson learns from his experiences if he gets another go.

Right then...how we feeling now?

For me it's still crucial we don't lose to Burnley. If we lose that and then Chelsea things get very scary again.

Just win next satdee, however, and it'd be very hard to bet against us.

For me it's still crucial we don't lose to Burnley. If we lose that and then Chelsea things get very scary again.

Agreed. Avoid defeat next Saturday at all costs. A draw would suit me fine. Then we must avoid a tonking from Chelsea and see where we are after that.

Agreed. Avoid defeat next Saturday at all costs. A draw would suit me fine. Then we must avoid a tonking from Chelsea and see where we are after that.

I don't think chelsea will tonk us. To be fair no one has tonked us all season. We were very unlucky at their gaff and I fully expect us to take a point from the game.

Last edited:

Agree with BN. Would take a draw straight away.

They'll be up for it and see it as one of their last chances to stay up.

An early goal for us on the other hand...

Last edited:
Agree with BN. Would take a draw straight away.

They'll be up for it and see it as one of their last chances to stay up.

An early goal for us on the other hand...

Huge game this, Pearson seems to have them grounded, he was right by stating after the game it will all be in vain if they don't back it up against Burnley. I reckon if we beat Burnley then they are sunk! Dull will be in the bottom three next weekend and they wont recover. Newcastle have done just enough although for them its squeaky bum time. The villans are the conundrum for me, how much will that FA cup play on their minds?

Pearson has to keep the same positive attitude and play to our strengths, Burnley will sit deep, we need to be patient, its a game we should win!!

Pos

Team

Pld

GD

Pts

1 Chelsea 38 49 91
2 Man City 38 48 86
3 Arsenal 38 35 81
4 Man Utd 38 28 74
5 Liverpool 38 17 67
6 Tottenham 38 9 64
7 Southampton 38 19 60