Premier League Title Race

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that the Villa didn't invest in the January window. They seemed to have a real chance of breaking the monopoly but in spite of their lack in depth and alleged availability of resources they didn't take the plunge and now I have my doubts whether they will get back into a challenging position in the next few seasons.

I'm surprised that the Villa didn't invest in the January window. They seemed to have a real chance of breaking the monopoly but in spite of their lack in depth and alleged availability of resources they didn't take the plunge and now I have my doubts whether they will get back into a challenging position in the next few seasons.

Did they not buy Heskey in Jan ?:102:

I think they will still be up pushing for the Top 4 and be in a better position next season. For whatever reason MON likes to bide his time in the transfer markey, but like you said a couple of extra additions and they had a real chance this season.

Personally I didnt understand the decision to "give up" the UEFA Cup.

Did they not buy Heskey in Jan ?:102:

Yes, I don't think that Heskey is the sort of player to make a significant difference at that top level - they also had to change their format to 4-4-2 to fit him in and it doesn't appear to have worked that well.

Unfortunately to beak into the top 4, would I think require a bigger, bolder investment and then it might not have worked, but with O'Neill and a winning side they did seem to have an opportunity.

Taking up Willlow's point, I wasn't surprised that O'Neill sent a weakened side to Russia and had league results gone the right way then he would have been praised. The downside is that it has helped to expose the UEFA Cup for what it is - a mere side show - and may not help Villa's marketing of the competition next season.

I think O'Neil will go when the next Big Job comes up

I think that he will need to take stock of the situation at the end of the season.

No player is indispensable but if Barry goes as expected then they might not find it easy to replace him - so he may think he has taken them as far as is possible. My gut feeling is that they have reached their zenith and could fall away a bit next season.

We have four top sides leading the Premiership - with a real gap between them and Villa and Everton where I think Moyes does a fantastic job to keep them where they are with limited playing resources.

Cracking goal by Torres at the weekend if that was Messi people would be foaming at the mouth.

Cracking goal by Torres at the weekend if that was Messi people would be foaming at the mouth.
Highland what a ridiculous comment to make. That goal got plenty of replays and discussion throughout the press, with many people describing Torres as the best striker in the world etc. And rightly so.

But Messi is still the best player in the world!

Highland what a ridiculous comment to make. That goal got plenty of replays and discussion throughout the press, with many people describing Torres as the best striker in the world etc. And rightly so.

The English press dont even seem to know Messi or any other football outside England tbh. If it have been Messi it wouldnt even have been reported

The English press dont even seem to know Messi or any other football outside England tbh. If it have been Messi it wouldnt even have been reported

No offence but thats horseshit,I have SSN on all day at work And Messi is always on,be it them showing his goals,his misses etc.He is a superb player without question but to say he receives no praise from the British media is just rubbish

Best Attacking Midfielder in the World without question but best all round footballer in the World ???

Now that Liverpool are out of the Champions league i can see them winning the league unless man u feck it tonight then its all Manure's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669