Premier League Title Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

Looks like Liverpool are going to win at Old Trafford, and the bloke of the BBC argues that we now have a title race. but is it really? Man U still have a 4 point lead over liverpool and a game in hand. they can afford to lose this game, and it makes no difference imo, Liverpool have ****ed it up already and this result has come much too late.

IMO in all probability Man U will win it.
But IF any teams manage to take points from United (poss. Arsenal) and Liverpool win most or all of their remaining games then they MAY have a chance. It's a big if though.

Manyoo had it won at Xmas, this changes nothing

4-1 at Old Trafford is the result of the season-Liverpool's inconsitency and lack fo a squad is clearly the reason, as they definitely have the talent in the strongest XI to win the league.

I enjoyed that even though i'm no fan of Liverpool. Always good to see Man U get a kicking, and even more so with it being at Old Trafford.

Liverpool have taken 6 points against Man U and two against Stoke - sums it up. They're too inconsistent to win the Premier League.

Admittedly it was an impressive display today.

Last edited:
4-1 at Old Trafford is the result of the season-Liverpool's inconsitency and lack fo a squad is clearly the reason, as they definitely have the talent in the strongest XI to win the league.

As they said on Sky though, Liverpool's record in the games against the big teams this season is fantastic, it's against the teams where they should be taking more points that they seem to do badly (eg Stoke and Boro). Games they should be able to win even without Torres and Gerrard

Man Utd are still clear favourites to win the league... but if they had won today it was basically done and dusted... Liverpool winning at least keeps the pressure on them a bit more.

Great week for Liverpool though... 4-0 against Madrid and then 4-1 at Old Trafford.. amazing.

As they said on Sky though, Liverpool's record in the games against the big teams this season is fantastic, it's against the teams where they should be taking more points that they seem to do badly (eg Stoke and Boro). Games they should be able to win even without Torres and Gerrard

Man Utd are still clear favourites to win the league... but if they had won today it was basically done and dusted... Liverpool winning at least keeps the pressure on them a bit more.

Great week for Liverpool though... 4-0 against Madrid and then 4-1 at Old Trafford.. amazing.

it still is

They weren't even top at Christmas.

Well done though.

But all the other teams were struggling and they had all the games in hand, it was obvious they were gonna come back and walk it

How much money did you put on it?

:icon_lol: was it that obvious?

i win £50 if they win the league, and put another one on the other week, i win a further £180 if they win the quad/quintuple

Last edited:
Utd will still win it but it was a great win,Ferguson was is usual gracious self I see..insisting the best team lost

You gotta respect a manager who is more than happy to face the cameras when they beat Hull 5-0 or get past Inter Milan and then ****s off when they lose an odd game on 30.

apparently he didn't talk to sky because he was pissed off about the kick off time. Don't see Man U complain when they get the tv money though...

Such a shame Hull dropped off.....

Ye, i knew it wasn't going to last though unfortunately. The worst thing is i can see them goin down and that would be so harsh after the form they were in at the start having won at the Emirates and giving Man Utd such a good game at Old Trafford. The only bad thing about Hull is Phil Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669