Premier League transfer plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

FryattFox

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson already has his Premier League transfer plans in place.

The Foxes look certain to end a decade-long absence from the top flight as they lead the Sky Bet Championship by seven points and have a 17-point cushion over the team in third place with 11 matches remaining.

Pearson insists he has been planning for Premier League football since returning to the club from Hull City two-and-a-half years ago, and that the Foxes already have transfer targets in mind.

"I think it would be a bit naive to think that you get yourself into a position where you look like going up and then start planning for that eventuality," Pearson told the Leicester Mercury.

"It doesn't work like that. We have been planning for different scenarios. You have to do that.

"You have to know the targets and be ready to move on potential targets. Otherwise you won't get a lot.

"We plan for the different scenarios all the time. Even last season we were planning for different scenarios, and you work within the scenario you are in.

"It is always difficult to strike that balance but you can't just all of a sudden start planning for next season. It is an ongoing process.

"It would be nice to have the scenario we want. To do that, we have to get through 11 games and win enough points. It is always more satisfying to do the job ourselves."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...gue?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Nigel already has his targets. Who are yours?

Paul Brooker.

A centre half who really knows the league, my bet would be Tony Adams or Sol Campbell, preferably the former for totally obvious reasons.

Last edited:
At the moment it feels incredibly harsh to leave anybody out but to survive the harsh lands of the EPL we need at to sign experienced squad players to fill the positions below. I'd expect a couple in the Summer and a few additional faces in January.

Left Back
Centre Back
Centre Midfield
Striker

We do have players currently who would hopefully be more than capable but if we are going to survive then the squad needs bolstering.

Kasper
De Laet Morgan NEW SIGNING/Moore NEW SIGNING

Knockaert Drinkwater NEW SIGNING/James Mahrez

Nugent NEW SIGNING/Vardy

SUBS
Logan
Wasil
Schlupp
Konchesky
King
Dyer

At the moment it feels incredibly harsh to leave anybody out but to survive the harsh lands of the EPL we need at to sign experienced squad players to fill the positions below. I'd expect a couple in the Summer and a few additional faces in January.

Left Back
Centre Back
Centre Midfield
Striker

We do have players currently who would hopefully be more than capable but if we are going to survive then the squad needs bolstering.

Kasper

Nugent NEW SIGNING/Vardy

SUBS
Logan
Wasil
Schlupp
Konchesky
King
Dyer
so you don't rate James at all then

so you don't rate James at all then

I do! But I just feel that he has that little bit less experience at that level and may need a bit of rotation (same as Moore).

As I said it feels very harsh dropping any of the first team but Hull must have sacrificed a championship promotion player to allow Huddlestone to come in and it's worked out well for them.

I would be devastated if any of our current starting 11 left though.

Left Back
Centre Back
Centre Midfield
Striker

Kasper

Nugent NEW SIGNING/Vardy

SUBS
Logan
Wasil
Schlupp
Konchesky
King
Dyer

As mentioned previously, wouldn't be surprised if we move to 4-5-1 for most away games or games against the bigger teams. Think that may actually suit Vardy better, although as BN observed it may affect his success and therefore confidence.

I think centre midfield is the one area we're fine in, James and Drinkwater will surprise a few with King and that chap from Southampton able reserves. We definitely need a first choice left back, as Konckesky is over the hill and Schlupp needs time to develop. We need decent reserves in goal and at right back. We will also need two strikers as Gtf isn't good enough, Kev will be coaching and who knows what is happening with Wood.

I don't know if Morgan will be good enough for the Premier League.

Some are writing PK off, then suggest we play 4-5-1.

I'd suggest he'd be better suited for that formation & style.

Both full backs would get exposed at the top level.

De Laet lacks positional awareness and won't be able to rely on his pace as much.

Konchesky is rubbish.

Both could add some meat to the squad but I'd rather see us have better starting options.

Christ. Anyone reading this thread could be forgiven for thinking the Premier League is full of Barcelonas and Bayerns.

Christ. Anyone reading this thread could be forgiven for thinking the Premier League is full of Barcelonas and Bayerns.

And that we have been complete shite all season

A whole summer of this garbage lies ahead....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669