Premier League transfer plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets splash $50 million on proven PL players.. a striker, center mid, LB, CB, and RB.. $10 million each, that should do it.

Last edited:
Ashley Cole won't get back into Chelsea's starting line up, so.........

Hold on...so suggesting that improvements to the squad is needed is the same as saying we need to spend 50m and completely overhaul the squad?

Jesus wept.

3 or 4 players will do. Real quality required but start the season with very much the same starting line up. We are on a roll and confidence is flying high. Even if we do sign someone for big money I would hope that Pearson will let the current squad show their metal in the Premier first. Then gradually ease any newbies in.
I would expect a striker, a centre back, a back-up keeper (or perhaps a new one if Kasper goes) and a defensive midfielder.

I think we need to sign players with experience at PL level on inflated wages, what could go wrong

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26252833
:102: How does that relate? In case you forgot, we did sign him and he was our best player by a mile and three quarters.
Hold on...so suggesting that improvements to the squad is needed is the same as saying we need to spend 50m and completely overhaul the squad?

Jesus wept.
:icon_lol: There's no middle ground here, Miley. You should know that. Only thing I've got a problem with is the notion that some of the best players in the Football League will suddenly forget how to play football when they get to the Premier League.

Nicholas Priet.

Nicholas Priet.

Nice.

But seriously...... We could pick up one or two players from whichever sides go on to be relegated. I reckon it will be Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich. I would be very happy to see Medel, Redmond or Marshall join.

Indeed - survival will be as much about togetherness and spirit as quality. With a good blend of both, we can prosper at PL level. we shouldn't be aiming at finishing 17th. I expect NP will look at the character of potential signings as much as the added ability they would bring.

Nice.

But seriously...... We could pick up one or two players from whichever sides go on to be relegated. I reckon it will be Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich. I would be very happy to see Medel, Redmond or Marshall join.

I wouldn't be too upset if he ended up at Leicester. Not a creative player by any means but a very good defensive midfielder, Cardiff would be even worse off if they didn't have him.

Nice.

As long as he didn't have a baby Bentley with a vanity number plate!

Aside from Konchesky, who is now getting on a bit, we've nobody that has proved any sort of capability at Premier League level. In fact, many of them started out at Premier League clubs and were sold on. To go up and hope that your players adapt is barking mad unless you've got no choice. The last ten years has proved how hard it can be to get back into the top league, so why not ensure that you go for it?

My two point plan is as follows:

1. You get a budget for transfers and wages
2. You spend every fecking penny on as much quality as you can get

This season Cardiff have spent £37.7m on 15 players, Hull £27.4m on 13 players and Palace £26.6m on 21 players.

We need at least 8 players and to spend at least £30m on them. Much more if the owners pockets are as deep as some say. Talking about giving this squad a chance and adding two or three players is nonsense. The Premier League is completely different. Less matches with much, much more pressure on players. Some of our existing squad with thrive on it and grow stronger, many more won't.

Hull played Cardiff on the last day of last season. If you compare the two starting line ups that day to the starting line ups from their matches this past weekend, Hull have four 'survivors' and Cardiff three. Much as I appreciate the performances and results from our current team, they are a team to get out of the Championship, not a team to maintain a Premier League place.

Sentiment, schmentiment.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too upset if he ended up at Leicester. Not a creative player by any means but a very good defensive midfielder, Cardiff would be even worse off if they didn't have him.

If Cardiff get relegated I can see him moving to somewhere like Villa. He's a good player and his value has probably increased this season.

(I'm not suggesting we couldn't financially compete with Villa, just can see him going there.)

Aside from Konchesky, who is now getting on a bit, we've nobody that has proved any sort of capability at Premier League level. In fact, many of them started out at Premier League clubs and were sold on. To go up and hope that your players adapt is barking mad unless you've got no choice. The last ten years has proved how hard it can be to get back into the top league, so why not ensure that you go for it?

This season Cardiff have spent £37.7m on 15 players, Hull £27.4m on 13 players and Palace £26.6m on 21 players.

We need at least 8 players and to spend at least £30m on them. Much more if the owners pockets are as deep as some say. Talking about giving this squad a chance and adding two or three players is nonsense. The Premier League is completely different. Less matches with much, much more pressure on players. Some of our existing squad with thrive on it and grow stronger, many more won't.

Hull played Cardiff on the last day of last season. If you compare the two starting line ups that day to the starting line ups from their matches this past weekend, Hull have four 'survivors' and Cardiff three. Much as I appreciate the performances and results from our current team, they are a team to get out of the Championship, not a team to maintain a Premier League place.

Sentiment, schmentiment.

I think we need 5 quality players. Players who will come into the first team straight away and make an impact. A class goal scorer would be my first want (Which is also the hardest to find even if you spend money) as i think we'd be lucky to see 10+ from either Vardy or/and Nug. Followed by a commanding center back to play alongside Morgan.

Although NP would have to be certain that it is someone with the right attitude, it wouldn't surprise me if our owners would want a "high profile" signing for the World's media to pay attention.

Sentiment, schmentiment.

The difference is though our current side is much better than Cardiff's, Hull's or Palace's was when they went up and before they spent all that money.

The only time in the past 5 years or so a team has dominated as much as we have and has been as good as we have going up has been Newcastle in 09/10 and they ended up adapting comfortably into a decent top half side. (West Ham's squad was arguably as good as ours and just underperformed in the Championship as well, but again, they've comfortably adapted to being a mid-table PL side).

Not saying we don't need to strengthen, but I honestly don't think we need to go mad and be getting 13 players in and spending £30mil just to stay up. We're only 5 or 6 astute signings off being a decent mid-table Premier League side imo and I'd take a lot less than being a decent mid-table Premier League side in our first season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670