Premiership the best league in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spanish League is boring. Serie B is entertaining but there's not the quality or the speed of the Prem. The Bundesliga is wank. The Premiership is Europe's best league by a long way.

Well said that man.......:038: :038: :038:

Serie A has been entertaining this season. It will be shite next year though. :icon_wink ;)

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: I knew you wouldn't resist:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

chuckle.gif

:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Juve.gif

Serie A has been entertaining this season. It will be shite next year though. :icon_wink ;)

Entertaining?!? What match-fixing points re-installed, fans spoiling matches and Inter cakewalking it to the title?!?

Bundesliga is an incredibly entertaining league because it's very competitive similar to English football in its pace and excitement but the other difference is that there is no ''money'' at the top. Bundesliga put a halt to television strangling the league at the right time. To add, each team has a number of ''stars'' with the imposed wage cap and it keeps it entertaining. The German leagues are building up incredibly in strength, it's not uncommon to see their cup compeitition with teams from the second division in the final stages. They are set to introduce a 3.Bundesliga to keep up with the quality.

This combination has meant Bayern Munich are struggling to a Champions League slot, Borrussia Dortmund battling with relegation and a title race considering 4 teams.

To top it all off, this league out of all in Europe averages the most goals per games, averages the biggest crowds in Europe with a terracing system which ensures the atmospheres are superb.

Bundesliga is the league the Premiership should be.

Entertaining?!? What match-fixing points re-installed, fans spoiling matches and Inter cakewalking it to the title?!?

Bundesliga is an incredibly entertaining league because it's very competitive similar to English football in its pace and excitement but the other difference is that there is no ''money'' at the top. Bundesliga put a halt to television strangling the league at the right time. To add, each team has a number of ''stars'' with the imposed wage cap and it keeps it entertaining. The German leagues are building up incredibly in strength, it's not uncommon to see their cup compeitition with teams from the second division in the final stages. They are set to introduce a 3.Bundesliga to keep up with the quality.

This combination has meant Bayern Munich are struggling to a Champions League slot, Borrussia Dortmund battling with relegation and a title race considering 4 teams.

To top it all off, this league out of all in Europe averages the most goals per games, averages the biggest crowds in Europe with a terracing system which ensures the atmospheres are superb.

Bundesliga is the league the Premiership should be.

The logical conclusion of that is no European glory for German sides though. Is it better to have a more evenly matched domestic league with no dominant sides, than a fairly stable top 4 who are always challenging for the CL title?

The logical conclusion of that is no European glory for German sides though. Is it better to have a more evenly matched domestic league with no dominant sides, than a fairly stable top 4 who are always challenging for the CL title?

For someone whose team is currently 19th in The Championship, yes but for someone in the fickle 4 of England no.

I'd like to see a Premiership with Bolton and Pompey challenging for the title. With the ''strength in depth'' element, you will still get successful sides in Europe.

Every country has it's little period of having the best teams in Europe, England currently, around 2000 Spanish teams dominated Europe, in 1997 didnt Dortmund win the Champions League and Schalke win the UEFA Cup? Early 1990s, the Italians, 80s the English until the ban.

Last edited:
For someone whose team is currently 19th in The Championship, yes but for someone in the fickle 4 of England no.

I'd like to see a Premiership with Bolton and Pompey challenging for the title. With the ''strength in depth'' element, you will still get successful sides in Europe.

Yeah it would be more interesting for the title race but I'd like to see the best teams with the best players which I think makes me a fan of the way the Premier League works at the minute. As a Leicester fan it would be great if we could go up and challenge for the title in a year or two after that but as a football fan who watches MOTD I want to see Ronaldo, Henry, Gerrard, Joe Cole etc scoring great goals. So I think I am a fan of the elite few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669