Premiership - who's going down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

From Gradel to Grave

There's already a who will win the prem thread but this is for the relegation battle. For the record Bolton, Tottenham and Newcastle as it stands now will do me. :icon_bigg

Can't see any of the "big" clubs going although would love to see Spurs and Newcastle go. For me it's WBA, Wigan & probably Stoke. Megson will be sacked and Bolton will turn it round

Unfortunately both Spurs and Newc will move on up with their new managers so expect the places to be taken by Wiggaaan & WBA.
I'd sooner Fulham than Wiggaaan tho.

I hope its a tight battle this season, i'll be happy if the promoted sides stay up and prove all the pundits wrong who thought they were going straight back down. And i'd like to see Newcastle in the championship obviously. :icon_wink

Although Stoke have got off to a good start, I can see them just failing just like Sheffield United did a couple years back.

I'm going for this:

Stoke 18th
Bolton 19th
WBA 20th

Although Stoke have got off to a good start, I can see them just failing just like Sheffield United did a couple years back.

I'm going for this:

Stoke 18th
Bolton 19th
WBA 20th

I'd go with that, although I think Fulham might slip into it if Stoke keep up their excellent home form.

I'd love Bolton to go down with a single-digit points total. Nothing against Bolton, I just love the idea of Ginger Leveinho failing miserably.

Scumbag.

Ohh...yes include Stoke with their long throw-ins. It's a disgrace to football them throw-ins and Delap's tackle on Walcott enraged me more.

I know I shouldn't be saying this, but I enjoyed seeing a physical Stoke side playing to their strengths yesterday and Arsenal completely unwilling to deal with it. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing a nice, fluent passing side, or a good attacking team, but if a side brings a game that one of the big boys can't live with then good luck to them.

Ohh...yes include Stoke with their long throw-ins. It's a disgrace to football them throw-ins and Delap's tackle on Walcott enraged me more.

It's a pity that Stoke can't stay up but their 'fans' get relegated to the Unibond Northern or similar.

Based on normal football ability....Stoke would go down. But they may just grind out enough home points to survive.

I'm confident that both Spurs and Newcastle have enough quality to stay up - in Spur's case probably finishing in the top half. Portsmouth will struggle (I agree with the poster who thinks Adams will not cut it)

But I see the three for relegation as Fulham (feeble away and due for the drop) and any two from Albion (overall lack of quality), Bolton (serial strugglers) and Wigan ( especially with Heskey looking at the exit door there).

Tony Adams was terrible at Wycombe, and unless Harry's taught him a lot then they'll be in trouble. And I fail to see what the crooked cockney spiv could possibly have taught him, given that his only obvious skill is buying hundreds of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566