Preston Match Thread (cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair does pieman redeems himself with couple of saves.

Blake injured - shite he's ok.

Dabizas off elliot on.

Elliott on for Dabizas....thought we were gonna stick him up front for Blake for a minute....shame.

I am really disappointed Micky hasnt decided to give more fringe players a go, we are not performing as team and I would have thought this would have been an ideal opportunity to try out a few and see if anyone can impress and put some pressure on the established first teamers.

Would have been nice to see Stearman, Canero and Dawson maybe given an opportunity.

Keep the Faith said:
I am really disappointed Micky hasnt decided to give more fringe players a go, we are not performing as team and I would have thought this would have been an ideal opportunity to try out a few and see if anyone can impress and put some pressure on the established first teamers.

Would have been nice to see Stearman, Canero and Dawson maybe given an opportunity.

Couldn't agree more - ludicrous to pick Elliott ahead of Stearman tonight, and ludicrous not to hava a striker on the bench...nice thinking Micky

Adams out!

Nothing wrong with picking Elliot tonight - he needs match fitness, and with Keown going it looks like we might need him.

But Stearman should at least be on the bench tonight, and what a perfect opportunity to give him and Dawson a start. Why is Dabizas playing if he's only going to get 30 minutes?

:roll:

Leigh said:
DesertFox said:
Sounds like there's twice as many people at the rugby tonight...

Rugby reserves as well.

My mate who's stumped up the £12 reckons try knocking 1000 off that estimated attendance of 4500. Just texted him to tell him tigers reserves have got a crowd of over 9000.

He's just glad he made the decision to be there and watch quality football :wink:

Maybe Micky has shot himself in the foot with his selection at least if he had experimented with the likes of Stearman, Dawson, Canero etc then the fans would have really got behind them and given Micky a free game, but now he has picked a near full strength side and at present it seems to have backfired.

If we do get beaten tonight where can Micky go from here ? I think tonight maybe the last, no imagination and following some disappointing performances no opportunity for any of the promising youngsters. What direction is the club going !

blake header over the bar - said he before that man's quality! If we want someone to head over the bar we've already got scowy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669