Preston Match Thread (cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil The Fox said:
What was that about 'concentrating on the league'?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock:

We havent bothered so far !

That is a flipping joke that is, I bet Akinbiyi gets 4 here now, teams must relish coming to the Walkers now, all the gear and no idea us lot, pathetic.

How will MA explain this one ?????

Still we would have lost, away to Everton in the next round, only upside would have been the wonga for all those great transfer signings...

How does Jordan Stewart worm his way into our fcking team ?? He has to be the most undeserved player to put the blue shirt on and week in week out he proves how sh1t he is.

Adams has to go now this is one defeat too far. On Radio Lancashire before the game all the Preston interviews were saying we were there for the taking.

2 defeats in 7 but no wins in 4 (3 of which were at home) statistics can be twisted any way you like.

We need a new manager with fresh ideas and a willingness to give the whole squad an opportunity instead of picking players on reputation.

preston match thread

Mickys lost the players,the club,and most important the fans.Difficult to see anyway back from this latest atrocity.

We'll probably lose to Peterbrough on Friday aswell. Maybe this game has been arranged for our new manager ???

People say this is a micky mouse cup....but not to us Leicester fans 3 finals, twice in Europe and we roll over to 10 man Preston, shows how far this club has gone.......in the wrong direction!

That's it for me, can't be arsed with this anymore, feck off Adams, cheers for what you've done in the past, but you're not the man for the job anymore.

I wouldnt have minded getting beaten tonight if Micky had given the likes of Stearman, Dawson and Canero an opportunity but we have been knocked out with pretty much our full first team bar a couple - absolutely disgraceful how stubborn can he be...yet Stearman is ahead of Keown if Adams has that much faith in him why didnt he play him tonight.

Whilst he is in charge I really fear for the club.

Having just got back fom the game and read through this post, thought I'd have my 2 bobworth.
At times we did play football, but we had no real cutting edge. At times it was worse than schoolboy stuff. If you had a 40foot lassoo you could have got all outfield players at the goalkicks.
As for the centres, it was like possession rugby down at the Tigers. "Everyone over to the right coz thats where I'm going to kick it."
All very predictable, & boring cack. :roll:
Blake was not the worst player on the pitch. He took his goal well and was lifted by it.
Prestons first 2 goals were Makins fault.
If it wasn't for the Pieman the scoreline would have been even more embarrassing. They also hit the crossbar, and had a glaring miss or 2.
Where do we go from here. I'm not sure but the attendance of 6,700 was like a throwback to a cold, damp night in the 80's. I've been there and I didn't like it. :cry:
So come on Micky do something that will bring the fans back, or go and leave it to someone else :roll:

xsubmariner said:
At times we did play football, but we had no real cutting edge. At times it was worse than schoolboy stuff.
perfectly put

xsubmariner said:
If it wasn't for the Pieman the scoreline would have been even more embarrassing.
he deserves his wages

amazing to see such inadequate, pedestrian poo. :roll:

no one was showing for throws, ever. :roll:

it we did make it first to the hoofed ball it is unbelievable how scowy never fails to flick on to space where there is no city player for 25 yards. :roll:

back passes to piemans right foot :roll:

playing hoof with no target? :roll:

need some wine...

Pretty crap, although I'd say we were better tonight than on Saturday. Blake actually did alright I think, much better than Tommy Wright. At times we played good passing football and we got chances out of it, but we couldn't ever keep it up for long

Adams made 2 really good subs tonight I thought that helped us a lot (Elliott and Gillespie) so he should get credit for that. He subbed Dabizas off during the first half and he deserved it.
Taking off Tiatto for Wilcox was a terrible idea though. Wilcox did alright, and played well oin Saturday too, but it should've been Stewart that came off if either of them. Stewart had been crap throughout and was absolutely dire at times when they were attacking. And then he gave away the penalty :?

Now's definetely the time for Micky to go. We've got 2 weeks off for the international break and we have a friendly in that time. That gives us time to find a new manager and for him to take a look at the players.

Here are my player ratings in case I forget things when someone makes a post :wink:

Pressman 6 - Made some good saves but also some bad cock ups. On their first he should've come to get it but didn't, and a couple of other times he didn't bother to go get it either, even when Matty Elliott was trying to shield it back to him at one point

Makin 5

Dabizas 3 - Dire, get rid of him now.

Heath 4 - Not much better than Dabizas although improved slightly once
Elliott came on

Stewart 2 - Terrible. Tried to put a cross in in extra time but it was just a hard volley right across the pitch. If anyone had tried to head that they'd have probably got whiplash.

Scowcroft 5.5 - While he was on the right he did nothing but definetely improved upfront. He's a striker, play him there!

Williams 5.5 - Does he even want to be here? He's got talent and you can see it, and sometimes he even showed it, but he just didn't seem to care! He didn't get involved and too often was just walking up and down the centre circle. Had no idea what to do in the final third. I think that could be a confidence thing. He wanted to shoot but figured he'd get too much stick if he missed. His rating went up a bit because he did try and get stuck in more during extra time

Gudjonsson 7.5 - He's had a lot of criticism and from the 2 I've been to I can't tell why. He's probably been our best player in both. Very good when we passed the ball, sort of drifts away when we play hoof. But even then, whenever he did get the ball he tried to pass it around and get balls in.

Tiatto 7 - Started off really well, and every passing movement we had, he was involved in. It seemed that when Elliott came on though he must've been given some new instructions, because him and Stewart seemed to swap positions and then they didn't seem to really know what they were doing.

Wright 3 - That's probably generous. What's all the hype about? Can't remember him doing anything really. Couldn't win a header, couldn't beat anyone to the ball. He did try though.. The blokes next to me made interesting comments about Wright. They were saying that whenever he did anything wrong no one cared, or people started singing for him, but yet Blake got booed before he even touched the ball and he did much better than Wright.

Blake 7 - Worked hard, scored a goal with a good finish, held the ball up pretty well and tried to create things. My only 2 complaints with him really were that he seems to refuse to his head, he tried to chest everything, and also often took too long on the ball deciding what to do by which time gaps had been closed.

Subs:
Elliott 9 - Solid as a rock. I don't remember seeing him do a thing wrong. Made the tackles, lead the team, and whenever he got the ball he was composed and passed it to one of our players instead of hoofing and hoping like Dabizas and Heath. Has to start!

Gillespie 7 - I felt sorry for him. It took him about 5 minutes to settle into the game but after that he did well, took players on, put crosses in, created chances and provided us with the width we needed. We looked better when he came on. Seems like no one else realised that though, everyone had already decided he was going to be bad before he came on. :?

Wilcox 6 - Nothing special, but got involved, moved around from left to right trying to get things going..

Based on what I've seen in the 2 Preston games this would be my team for next time out:

Pressman (unless Walker is fit)

Makin
Elliott
Heath
Wilcox

Gillespie
Nalis
Gudjonsson
Tiatto

Scowcroft
Benjamin

Status