Preston Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to rush into anything yet. NW maybe not the man, just like we found out about Kelly.

screw the draw - I would rather we go for the win and lose.. I think we're safe now anyway - can't see leeds beating both ipswich and derby. Just think.. Derby Vs Leeds - a leeds win could keep both teams in this division - a Derby win could send them up and leeds down..

I know, how funny. The sheep could bale us out and send Leeds down in one!!!!!!

Personally I really hope we don't leave it to the Wolves game to make mathematically sure, and I can see Leeds beating Ipswich next week too.

I know, how funny. The sheep could bale us out and send Leeds down in one!!!!!!

Personally I really hope we don't leave it to the Wolves game to make mathematically sure, and I can see Leeds beating Ipswich next week too.

I'd like to see an utopia where we win next week. Leeds win giving them some hope to stay up, Hull lose and Leeds fans think they are staying up. Derby are 3rd but still within a shout of going up.

Last Day - Derby win, Hull win sending Leeds down whilst Brum and Sunderland both win meaning Derby aren't promoted either. :081: :081:

The place was rocking yesterday. Fantastic atmosphere, great pies, and a great performance by the lads.

Such as?

NW has lots of experience at this level, and has achieved promotion to the Premiership before.
Some of the favourites for the job, Coleman, Ince etc don't have that experience.

Agreed.

People are ignoring when he got norwich to the playoffs and then promoted, the following relegation wasnt until the last game of the season and they judging him on one bad year. I would expect the reason for his appointment if it happens will be more to do with his good experience in this league rather then these 5 games.

When we got back to our hotel, we checked in and decided to have a celibratory cold beer before we went to our room. As we went to sit down a guy sees our shirts, comes over to us and shakes our hands. He tells us he is a Preston fan and says that if we had gone away with only a point we would have been robbed. He then tells us he lives in France, travels back to every home match by car with his wife and daughter, although they hadn't come on this occasion. The funny part of the story is, he then says that all three of their season tickets are on the pitch at Deepdale, although his wife and daughter don't know yet! :081:

Very disappointed with PNE's performance. Top bloke mind.

NW director of football Coalmsn as manger ,Ince as ast ,sign Robby fowler ,sack 11 players get a new team ,go and win this league and its all in MM 3 year plan

nice :biggrin: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

you forgot about bringing Joey back

FFS allow yourselves a bit of pleasure,If Leeds win 8-0 and we lose 5-0 standing on one leg and theres an y in the month etc etc,IMO we are safe now but one point next Saturday and even the glummest of the Glums will surly have to admit we are safe

Been away for the weekend so just catching up with the mood in here. I obvoiusly was one of the "glums" as defined by HF last week and I couldn't be more pleased to be totally wrong! :icon_bigg

But now I agree with HF, just enjoy the moment and stop worrying about the improbably ifs and buts that are remaining.

I can't be bothered to do it, but would love to know what the bookies would give you now for 2 City defeats, 2 Hull wins and 2 Leeds wins

By the way wasn't it exhiliarating having the experience of a goal *really* mattering on Saturday. I don't think we've had a goal like that scored - with the sheer relief and joy it gave - probably since the 2000 Coca Cola final. Our promotion in 2003 was sorted well before it got to squeeky bum time, our relegations sadly inevitable and the past 3 seasons until now been just plain dull.

AZ was eyeing up the coppers FFS..............:eek:
I have to sit next to him at the Walkers, he's always offering a wink or tipping his head to the stewards. When the Rapid repsonse team walks past he gets very agitated in his seat

I have to sit next to him at the Walkers, he's always offering a wink or tipping his head to the stewards. When the Rapid repsonse team walks past he gets very agitated in his seat

Must be the uniforms......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670