Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it for the 360. It's okay - I still prefer the older versions though, PES 3 and 4.

I've had no slowdown problems with my ps3. I have an LCD Samsung and running it through a HDMI cable. Its perfect??? Not tried online yet though. The game is brilliant though. Not much of leap, more of a really polished version of PES6.

Me too, apparently their is a new message saying the PS3 servers are fixed a friend of mine has had a few games and said no lag what so ever :038:

i don't know if theres a problem with my disc or not-its just replays seem to be very very fast! and also pes6 used to be played in a letterbox (ie black bits at the top and bottom) and i haven't changed my settings-yet it now fills the screen-yet it implies on the front the game is 60hz like pes6 :102:

i don't know if theres a problem with my disc or not-its just replays seem to be very very fast! and also pes6 used to be played in a letterbox (ie black bits at the top and bottom) and i haven't changed my settings-yet it now fills the screen-yet it implies on the front the game is 60hz like pes6 :102:

I don't think the hz makes any difference to the resolution DD. I may be wrong.

Do you mean the replays during the game or the highlights at half/full time? Highlights piss me off anyway!

I think i'm getting the game with birthday money next week despite the mixed reviews. The xbox version is £35 in Asda

my brother brough it on friday and i had the chance to play it yesterday when i got back.

the game play, it quiker then usual and tackling the player is hard to an extent and then it can be easier, it is easy to score then the other one as well.

my brother brough it on friday and i had the chance to play it yesterday when i got back.

the game play, it quiker then usual and tackling the player is hard to an extent and then it can be easier, it is easy to score then the other one as well.

not sure that's a good thing.

I thought one of the best things about PES6 was that it wasn't easy to dominate matches (against friends, not computer) consistently.

In previous versions i was able to stamp all over any opposition, scoring loads. PES6 however, made for better competition. Inferior opponents were given a chance and i now lose the occasional match! :icon_lol:

not sure that's a good thing.

I thought one of the best things about PES6 was that it wasn't easy to dominate matches (against friends, not computer) consistently.

In previous versions i was able to stamp all over any opposition, scoring loads. PES6 however, made for better competition. Inferior opponents were given a chance and i now lose the occasional match! :icon_lol:

agreed, its better when its not easy to score and the game play is faster

its good but i think its the biggest change in a while in pes series-one think i do like is you can do opponents for pace easier and send your defenders up for corners! the game feels alot different to previous versions-shooting is very impressive. but the games flow doesn't feel as good as it used to.

I got this game last night and am finding it a little easier than the last one.
Replays are prety poor though, i think the game will be awesome on line rather than playing the computer AI though.
Maybe we could have a Talking Balls Cup online if we could get enough interest, might be good for some bragging rights on the forum for the winner?
:102:

I have it on the pc, looks good and plays well.
Far better than fifa on pc.

It is easier to scored though, so play it on the hardest level i can.

PES08-on the wii!
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/826/826603p1.html
sounds wierd yet interesting

I'll be getting it to try it out. It's weird as the whole idea sounds brilliant but it does seem as though it could be overly complicated. Having said that, that's what they all said about the Wii on the whole and I would disagree entirely.I think Metroid Prime 3 for instance revolutionises the way we should control FPS type games.

Had it a few days now and it is loads better than PES 6 on the 360.

Doing alright on it as well, won a few cups already and just started a league. Once I feel I am back to my 'old self' on it, I'll let myself loose on Live and be up for teaching one or two on here how it is meant to be done! :biggrin:

Got it on 360 yesterday and think it's changed more than any of the older versions did. Very pleased on the whole though.

Scoring is easier but only if you've got quality players (Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney stood out when playing as England). The corners seem a lot easier to score from too. I scored three headers off of three consecuitve corners (all by defenders, from Gerrard crosses) in one game.

Tackling will take some getting used to, already had a few red cards.

Penalties are a bit weird, particularly defending them. The view is from behind the goalkeeper at a strange angle.

Very pleased.

My housemate got a new 40 inch sony bravia hd tv at the weekend and Pro Evo looks ****ing brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669