Prostitution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
The oldest profession in the world, yet often the most frowned upon. Is it wrong, is it right?

I have a strong opinion on this, and before I get accused, isn't born out of experience, it's born out of ignorance..

I would personally like to see Prostitution legalised and prostitutes put on the PAYE system and get rid of the stigma that is attached to them.

Sex sells, and the majority of people want it/need it. Sometimes these ladies are offering a service that a wife cannot offer and it solves the issue of adultery if the wife is aware and consenting. Now obviously this is relationship specific and not universal.

Pimps would be replaced with employers, and the streets would be replaced with "hotels" and booking systems. The employer would be able to afford proper security.

Lots of women like sex, and lots of women like casual safe sex. Why shouldn't they do this job out of desire and not necessity?

As I said, this is out of ignorance and there maybe some other very valid reasons why this can never happen.

Last edited:
Cant see a problem with it. Prostitutes maybe very useful to society in the sense that it probaly stops men from committing serious sexual crimes and possibly murder against women. Its never going to be everyones ideal scenario, but in the day when most sexual taboos no longer exist then why concern ourselves with a thing that can benefit both concerns.

I think the biggest problem is the number of foreign women and young girls who have been brought over here under false pretences and forced to work in the sex industry.

Im quite proud of the work that blind prostitutes do and i think you have to hand it to them.

I would personally like to see Prostitution legalised and prostitutes put on the PAYE system and get rid of the stigma that is attached to them.

An immensely sensible suggestion for many different reasons, not least of which is safety* for both parties.

* physical and medical safety but not necessarily psychological safety!

If prostitution was legal I wouldn't have been married and divorced 3 f'kin times !! I actually believe that if prostitution was legal a lot of men would never marry or cohabit.

Just a foot note, Derby's red light area used to be Rose Hill Street (it's moved now). The residents kept complaining to the council about kerb crawlers ... so the council put in speed humps to slow everyone else down as well !!:icon_eek:

I don't have enough knowledge on it, I just think that legalisation as the answer might be a bit naive. There are other factors which are a lot more complex. As an idea it works superbly. Getting it off the ground might be incredibly difficult.

I think the suggestion to legalise could be a bit naive....links to drugs etc. might become problemtic.

So better not to deal with it because there may be problems???
naivety would be hoping problems go away so we won't have to deal with them.

Criminalisation of girls (& boys) that do this kind of very necessary job is absolute madness and only creates more problems that have to be dealt with.

Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Turkey, Australia and others haven't descended into chaos because money has changed hands between adults as payment for sexual intercourse.

I blame religion for the insanity.

If it gets legalised, can they bring the prices down.
Also with the price of petrol, it will save a packet from kerbcrawling (not very economical car driving;))

The oldest profession in the world, yet often the most frowned upon. Is it wrong, is it right?

I have a strong opinion on this, and before I get accused, isn't born out of experience, it's born out of ignorance..

Sex sells, and the majority of people want it/need it. Sometimes these ladies are offering a service that a wife cannot offer and it solves the issue of adultery if the wife is aware and consenting. Now obviously this is relationship specific and not universal.

Pimps would be replaced with employers, and the streets would be replaced with "hotels" and booking systems. The employer would be able to afford proper security.

Lots of women like sex, and lots of women like casual safe sex. Why shouldn't they do this job out of desire and not necessity?

As I said, this is out of ignorance and there maybe some other very valid reasons why this can never happen.

None of the women I've met did

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00