Puel out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have stated my reasons for wanting Puel to stay so I won't spend a lot of time on it, but I think the judgements of Puel are influenced by where people think the club was when he took over.

Some view us as recent title winners that should have qualified for europe, or been close.

The reality as I see it is that the title win had been wasted by bad management and spending and Puel took over a team in danger of relegation, turned them into team with an outside chance of Europe and has followed that up with our second best ever start to a premier League season. Add to that the young talent he is developing and I still feel positive.

Somebody posted a list of recent managers, Puel is the second best on that list (Ranieri of course 1st) I suppose the only debate is whether he is better than Pearson who in my opinion wasn't good enough for the Premier League.
If we go even further back he is currently 3rd behind O'neill.

Puel's reign is certainly not a disaster. The word I would use is acceptable. Perhaps someone could do better but I can't think who.

It's the players

The players , and Rudkin

And Filbert, probably

What a load of horseshit.

Puel is a complete and utter duffer. Just accept it FFS

Without oil-type money, it’s near on impossible to make a giant leap.

No-one “transitions” into being a “big” club.

We had a unique chance to leap. Not giant leap, but leap.

The world has a short attention span and we are missing our chance to do something unique.

I don’t expect us to win the league again, but we could be doing so much more.

I’m also drunk, but I still think I’ll feel the same way in the morning.

It's the players

The players , and Rudkin

And Filbert, probably

What a load of horseshit.

Puel is a complete and utter duffer. Just accept it FFS
Well it’s the 3rd manager in a row people say isn’t good enough with largely the same group so yes, it is the players

I don't post on here very much but this subject has compelled me to post.

The fact is, we need a manager behind whom the team, the fans and everyone else can coalesce. We had that with Claudio (who even drew in non-City fans), we had it with O'Neill and, in my view, we had it with Pearson to a greater or lessor extent. We simply do not have anything approaching this with the current incumbent. I cannot get excited about Puel's Blue Army (even typing that phrase feels daft).

I could even take the inconsistency and frustration of what is happening on the pitch if we had an engaging leader who I felt was performing the role with a passion. We don't.

I don't post on here very much but this subject has compelled me to post.

The fact is, we need a manager behind whom the team, the fans and everyone else can coalesce. We had that with Claudio (who even drew in non-City fans), we had it with O'Neill and, in my view, we had it with Pearson to a greater or lessor extent. We simply do not have anything approaching this with the current incumbent. I cannot get excited about Puel's Blue Army (even typing that phrase feels daft).

I could even take the inconsistency and frustration of what is happening on the pitch if we had an engaging leader who I felt was performing the role with a passion. We don't.
Hi Rhodes, I agree with your main point but would suggest we have been very consistent under Puel for quite some time.

I must confess that personality, rightly or wrongly, does enter in to the equation for me. If we were producing the same performances but with the god Claudio at the helm, I would have more patience and cut him a lot more slack. Puel shows no Pashun, innit!

The Mirror reporting some shite about Rebekah Vardy liking anti-Puel tweets.

Yes please.

I know he had a bad start to this season, but when you sell your top players year after year, it will no doubt catch up with you. Just ask Southampton.
he was being linked to replacing Jose as well, I suspect this story is a plant to get united to act

No a chance, he’ll end up at a Champions League club. I’ve read that he will only work with a very good DoF because he doesn’t get involved in recruitment so....

not getting involved in recruitment would be a selling point for Rudkin
But tedfoxxx mentioned “a very good DoF”.

That rules us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265