Puma Partnership announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are noticeable differences between the training wear and the photo that is circulating. I wasn't convinced at first, but I'm now certain that's the kit.

Thought Air Asia was the sponsor though ?? Or was it Office Depot :icon_conf

Really? The only difference between that photo and the link to the training wear I posted is that the training wear has white panels on the side. Other than that they're identical. I'm more and more convinced that this will be training kit.

Really? The only difference between that photo and the link to the training wear I posted is that the training wear has white panels on the side. Other than that they're identical. I'm more and more convinced that this will be training kit.

The shade of blue is different, the white panels as you described are not there, and the white stripes over the shoulders are in a different place. Just looks like to me it's been personalised too much for it not to be the actual shirt.

No place on the shorts for the squad number without removing club badge or Puma logo might be a clue.

The shade of blue is different, the white panels as you described are not there, and the white stripes over the shoulders are in a different place. Just looks like to me it's been personalised too much for it not to be the actual shirt.

You really think they'd personalise a training top for our kit? I'm sure they could personalise the shade of blue they wanted for their training kit. The white stripes on the shoulder are in the same place - they line up with the Puma logo. I'm going to stick my neck out and say this is definitely training gear.

Last edited:
They'll just put it above the Puma logo.

I'm kind of with you, but Ricey (sorry, I temporarily strayed! Forgive me!) pointed out that the white stripes on the shoulders would get in the way of the Championship badges. A good point, so with that and the number bit I'm not so sure.

Plus, if Gally's saying it's the training kit...

Last edited:
You really think they'd personalise a training top for our kit? I'm sure they could personalise the shade of blue they wanted for their training kit. The white stripes on the shoulder are in the same place - they line up with the Puma logo. I'm going to stick my neck out and say this is definitely training gear.

5ec38545-7960-ae8d.jpg

The white stripes are not in the same place, the one on the left is an inch to the right of the logo. It also appears to be a thicker line.

5ec38545-7960-ae8d.jpg

The white stripes are not in the same place, the one on the left is an inch to the right of the logo. It also appears to be a thicker line.

Ok fine.

A) do you accept that the picture of the supposed 'city kit' has been customised from the Puma Training Wear template I linked to?

B) do you really think the club would sign a deal with Puma to accept what is essentially a training shirt rather than even the most basic kit template design?

Ok fine.

A) do you accept that the picture of the supposed 'city kit' has been customised from the Puma Training Wear template I linked to?

Yes. It has similarities.

B) do you really think the club would sign a deal with Puma to accept what is essentially a training shirt rather than even the most basic kit template design?

No idea. I did hear that we were not having a kit that was from their brochure kit range. Maybe they liked the design of the training wear shirt and had it tweaked slightly to become the kit for 2012/13?

I already pointed out that I thought Air Asia had agreed to be the main sponsor this year, so I did have doubts.

Yes. It has similarities.

No idea. I did hear that we were not having a kit that was from their brochure kit range. Maybe they liked the design of the training wear shirt and had it tweaked slightly to become the kit for 2012/13?

I already pointed out that I thought Air Asia had agreed to be the main sponsor this year, so I did have doubts.

I think that's just been made up by someone, it's definitely going to be King Power from what I've heard.

I suppose you could be right about the kit, but I personally think it's doubtful.

Either way, it looks like they're putting all the new Puma stuff on display in the Megastore from that photo, so I reckon we'll find out one way or another at some point this week.

Would the club be silly enough to release the shirt in the club window rather than at a press conference with a couple of players???

If they've put all the training kit on the website, they must be unveiling the new kit pretty soon?

If they've put all the training kit on the website, they must be unveiling the new kit pretty soon?

You'd think so.

I think it will be unveiled this Friday. Already seems late. It's usually out around/just before my birthday, which was 2 weeks yesterday (presents appreciated).

Why are the players wearing the new kit for training? :icon_wink

[video=youtube_share;_NM-Bt-5pAk]http://youtu.be/_NM-Bt-5pAk[/video]

New kit unveiled on Saturday 21st July at an open training session.

Full details here

Last edited:
Possible picture of the new away kit...

If it's real, I like it. I think the home one will be the same design, just in blue with white in place of the yellow.

scaled.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572