Q & A session with R. K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Sharapova said:
I think Stearman is going to have a cracking season, which can only increase his value - keep the lad, it'll be good business in the long run.
:038: I hope all the lads have a cracking season and prove me wrong as I still have my doubts about us finishing in the top half of the table.
C'mon city please, please,please prove me wrong.

drummindefender said:
i've heard that the home dressing room and training ground dressing room have both been refurbished to give the players a more positive vibe as they are both decorated with each individual player celebrating a goal etc

True, RK said this at the Q & A last night. other than that summary posted earlier from another forum covered the main points

Melton Fox said:
My thoughts exaxtly Steven. Negative tactics before the season has already started.

How many managers/teams fail from the start because they go out not to lose as opposed to going out to win.

I just hope it wasn't intended in the way we read it

Amen to that. ;)

Melton Fox said:
I still don't buy into the Stearman theory.

He is a good player, but he is no world beater. If there has been substantial interest, get the money and run.

He is a good player and he wants to play for City, which is great, but I want to play for City, it doesn't mean I should be allowed.

Don't get me wrong, I like Stearman and I want him to stay, as he is an ok Right Back. But I'd sell him tomorrow if the offer could help improve the squad in his and other positions.

Sorry, just don't but it

he talked about how long he had been coaching youngsters and that Stearman was easily the best in that poistion he had seen.

Last edited:
drummindefender said:
i've heard that the home dressing room and training ground dressing room have both been refurbished to give the players a more positive vibe as they are both decorated with each individual player celebrating a goal etc

so Rob said. it was all done before the lads returned for pre-season.

he said there was no 'identity' to say this was Leicester City so he had the walls painted blue and white and City photos of the current players in celebration mode put up.

beaumontfox said:
so Rob said. it was all done before the lads returned for pre-season.

he said there was no 'identity' to say this was Leicester City so he had the walls painted blue and white and City photos of the current players in celebration mode put up.
Great Idea, although I might have put up pictures of previous City players lifting trophies as opposed to the current batch of underachievers.

However, much better than them dreary drab brown wood panelled walls

Melton Fox said:
My thoughts exaxtly Steven. Negative tactics before the season has already started.

How many managers/teams fail from the start because they go out not to lose as opposed to going out to win.

I just hope it wasn't intended in the way we read it

Rob also said he made sure the players went out with the mentality that they were good enough to win the game. he certainly didn't give me the impression he just wanted the team to be 'hard to beat', he wanted them to win every game!

Melton Fox said:
Great Idea, although I might have put up pictures of previous City players lifting trophies as opposed to the current batch of underachievers.

However, much better than them dreary drab brown wood panelled walls

he did mention the history of the club but more in regards to him watching our results from a distance due to his connections here.

i think he wants the players to realise we DO have a history but at the same time it's the present that concerns them and he wants them to make a positive history for Leicester fans in the future.

beaumontfox said:
he did mention the history of the club but more in regards to him watching our results from a distance due to his connections here.

i think he wants the players to realise we DO have a history but at the same time it's the present that concerns them and he wants them to make a positive history for Leicester fans in the future.
I wasn't looking at it from a history point of view, more of a motivational thingy for the players to aspire to

beaumontfox said:
i understood that.

but it could also put pressure on them to 'live up' to the times when we were a bit decent!
:eek: Of course they should have pressure on them. They are paid a fortune to do a job most of us can only dream of. If we don't get pressured in our day to day jobs, we lose motivation and don't bother

Melton Fox said:
Top reporting BF

why thanks!:biggrin:

it was a good night to be fair.

Rob came across as very approachable and easygoing.

he was also VERY supportive of Craig Levein. i notice in the earlier 'reports' nothing was said about that.

someone asked him if he ever told Levein he was playing certain players out of position(Kisnorbo). he said no, though he did think about saying something he firmly believed his job was to support Levein and when the team were lacking in confidence he didn't think it would do them any good to see the manager and coach have any sort of disagreement, however minor.
he did say that in hindsight he wished he had said something, spoke about what a strong-willed person Levein was, very intelligent, and how he was as hurt and annoyed as anyone at the Club that they(well i suppose he) couldn't turn things round.

Rob certainly thinks Levein will learn from this and be a better manager for it in the future,

he also said how he agreed with what Levein was trying to do, build a club from the roots up etc. and it was one of the main reasons why he decided to come here after speaking twice to Levein about the job.

did you know he's married to a Leicester lass btw? and it was Birchy who introduced them?

oh and his brother-in-law was a coach at Walsall and it was him to let Rob and Levein know about Fryatt wanting a possible move?

Melton Fox said:
:eek: Of course they should have pressure on them. They are paid a fortune to do a job most of us can only dream of. If we don't get pressured in our day to day jobs, we lose motivation and don't bother

i know what you mean.. but i meant it in the way that some---well ok MOST!.... of the players we have now aren't anywhere near the level of players we had under MON. so whilst a certain amount of pressure is warranted- expecting them to win games and be at the least top half of the table- i don't think it's quite fair to expect them to match what those lads did. not this season and probably not next season either...maybe the one after that though!:081: :icon_razz

beaumontfox said:
i know what you mean.. but i meant it in the way that some---well ok MOST!.... of the players we have now aren't anywhere near the level of players we had under MON. so whilst a certain amount of pressure is warranted- expecting them to win games and be at the least top half of the table- i don't think it's quite fair to expect them to match what those lads did. not this season and probably not next season either...maybe the one after that though!:081: :icon_razz
I think we are agreeing. I wanted to say "unnessacery" pressure but I can't spell it so I didn't bother, but I should have learnt to spell it so my point would have been more understandable. Of course, too much pressure can also have a detrimental effect

TBH how many of these players care about having matt elliott holding the worthington cup on the wall? Or Walshie celebrating v derby?

The fans might like it but it wouldn't fire the players up as much, considering they are not lcfc 'through and through' as it were.

lazzer said:
melts your just waffling now ;) :icon_lol:
Moi :102: Welcome to the Nightshift Lazzer. Blimey, I feel like Lionel fecking Richie now :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669