QPR 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City 0 QPR 1

Didnt take one of the numerous chances we created..............been the story of our season.

Not too disappointed. Lost a game that could have gone either way.

Yakubu and Waghorn both wasted good chances to win it for us. And the goal was really badly defended. A punt and let their pacy forward have a clear run.

The formation was better. I think we just shaded the match overall so to lose is a sickener. You need to collect the points you earn.

Oakley was a passenger throughout once again. I cannot comprehend his selection recently.

The pressure will be on Tuesday now. We'll see how we perform when we have to win against a decent side.

A message for Lako from Beaumont Fox - you're a knobhead :icon_conf

Yet I'm very worried that we have this policy of accumulating expensive players up to the point that they don't really seem to function as a unit (since the additions of Bruma and Ricardo we haven't been the same) - and one goal in our three most crucial games of the season smacks of a shortcoming in the ideas department.

Our problem has been goalscoring recently; nothing to do with Bruma & Ricardo. We're on a poor run of form and Sven needs to deal with it, but it's difficult to question his transfer policy given the season that we've had.

We deserved to lose this.

Granted I only watched on a dubious live stream, but I'm guessing by this comment that you didn't? I think that we played reasonably well and definitely matched the Championship leaders for 87mins.

A message for Lako from Beaumont Fox - you're a knobhead :icon_conf

I don't think the season is over but there is plenty reason for concern though at the number of chances we've wasted recently. Never mind eh, still looking rosier than before Sven took over

'We'll see how we perform when we have to win against a good side'

Didn't that apply today?

There are obvious selection errors going on. Forget Weale - Oakley isn't good enough, Berner needs a chance, Waghorn needs a go over Vassell and, in terms of style, we need new ideas.

We are Blackburn in 1992 when they blew automatic promotion because they brought too many new players into the team, Derby in 93, Wolves in 96, Boro in 2010... All good sides who overspent and assumed they'd get promotion.

The only positive for me is that one of those did actually win promotion in the end. As it stands we have no idea how to deal with direct football, nor how to employ it. We're one small step from making up those five points. A good manager (for the Championship, not for the Portuguese league), with the resources we have at hand, will fix it.

I don't think the season is over but there is plenty reason for concern though at the number of chances we've wasted recently. Never mind eh, still looking rosier than before Sven took over

I'm still wondering if Sven will stay though if we don't win promotion

Our problem has been goalscoring recently; nothing to do with Bruma & Ricardo. We're on a poor run of form and Sven needs to deal with it, but it's difficult to question his transfer policy given the season that we've had.

Granted I only watched on a dubious live stream, but I'm guessing by this comment that you didn't? I think that we played reasonably well and definitely matched the Championship leaders for 87mins.

Well I did actually! But generally I agree with what you're saying about Bruma et al. I just tend to think that we beat Bristol City by that same 87 minute measure and, you know, that isn't really enough. After all how many Championships did Man U win in the 95th minute?!

I'm still wondering if Sven will stay though if we don't win promotion

At some point the Thai house of cards will need structurally reinforcing - because it isn't able to withstand prolonged exposure to the Championship.

Why is it so hysterical that one of our best players from a team that spent virtually all of last season in the play-offs should be chosen ahead of a series of players that didn't?

It's a no-brainer. Unless of course you're of the opinion that Sven is always right and it's not for us to question him.

Why is it so hysterical that one of our best players from a team that spent virtually all of last season in the play-offs should be chosen ahead of a series of players that didn't?

Because it is no longer last season.

syd - Have you actually seen Berner and Waghorn this season?! They've been poor. Fair enough they played well for us last season, but what we have now is most certainly better.

Given you always go on about needing a more physical side, asking for Waghorn to come back into the side for Vassell is a strange opinion, as Waghorn's a player who gets muscled off the ball too easily (happened when he came on today several times) and Vassell's biggest strength is that he's great at holding the ball up.

Because it is no longer last season.

And it's no longer 1999-2000, which is the last time Sven had any success as a manager, but that's good enough for most of the people on here.

If we could vary our tactics half as much as we varied our selection we'd be fine. I tend to think some stability in terms of the line-up would do us some good and, perhaps, to focus our energies on teaching them how to play against more than one style of play.

And it's no longer 1999-2000, which is the last time Sven had any success as a manager, but that's good enough for most of the people on here.

If we could vary our tactics half as much as we varied our selection we'd be fine. I tend to think some stability in terms of the line-up would do us some good and, perhaps, to focus our energies on teaching them how to play against more than one style of play.

Are you on another planet? Did you see where we were when Sven took over??? the fact we are even talking about the playoffs is nothing short of a miracle.

Good god.

syd - Have you actually seen Berner and Waghorn this season?! They've been poor. Fair enough they played well for us last season, but what we have now is most certainly better.

Given you always go on about needing a more physical side, asking for Waghorn to come back into the side for Vassell is a strange opinion, as Waghorn's a player who gets muscled off the ball too easily (happened when he came on today several times) and Vassell's biggest strength is that he's great at holding the ball up.

Yes I've seen them and I agree, they weren't very good! At least not early on in the season, under Sousa. But I think Waghorn's a young player and he'll get better if we give him the chance, plus I've got no doubt that he's a more physical sort than Vassell who, frankly, has disappointed me (in what little I've seen). Waghorn did well in a direct system last year, he may well flourish if we revert. As for Berner, well, I saw him twice around Xmas and thought he did ok. He's a physical sort and I think he'd cope better than the likes of Van Aanholt, maybe even Bruma, against the hard nuts.

Personally I'm disappointed that Bruno is far enough up the ladder to be warming our bench at the moment, you clearly don't care that he has been shit then?

Do you honestly think we played the same style of football today as we normally do? I didn't think we did.

As you clearly think Sven is doing a shit job, so which superior manager would you like to see in his place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00