QPR 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neilson clearly has his faults - some quite basic - but I'm actually beginning to appreciate him. I can understand the criticism but there's something about him I'm warming to.

commitment??? heart on sleeve??? backs to the wall player??? tenacious??? The gerry taggart of our team???

commitment??? heart on sleeve??? backs to the wall player??? tenacious??? The gerry taggart of our team???

Huh? :102:
I'm lost Mickey, what are you trying to say?
That's an awful lot of question marks you've used, but you don't appear to be asking any questions.

Huh? :102:
I'm lost Mickey, what are you trying to say?
That's an awful lot of question marks you've used, but you don't appear to be asking any questions.

Dont you mean; Am I lost????? Lots of questions????? Not asking any questions?????

One of the most satistifing things over the past three games is that it appears we have a squad at least capable of getting a result at this level. Various players have been in and out at points this season but they are hungry and happy to work their bollocks off (which is a bonus considering the past five years).

However, I'll now have to agree with the opinion Oaks' legs are beginning to go.

Back four were great. Neilson has began to learn the lessons of earlier in the season. He gets up the arse of the winger and gives them no room. Berner did that anyway but we saying on the way back the improvement he's made over the summer considering he's a senior player as well is incredible. He's probably one of our weakest links last year. Both full-backs rather than hoof it last night, looked to play it into the channels. Brown and Hobbs are beginning a partnership which works against the majority of teams and they coped well against a pacy frontline. Most of all, they trust the fella in goal who performs a simple job unlike that dafty in goal for QPR.

N'Guessan's presence can cause most teams problems. I pinpointed their full-backs as a weak point when they played Derby and clear we worked on it. The reason the midfield sit back is because they are one-paced, so by creating a bank of at least three it makes it slightly harder to work around. King is clearly be told to keep his position but it was his marking on the goal. Wellens was top notch second half.

Fryatt seemed to come of age in this game. Personally I thought he put the same amount of effort has been doing recently but he had a team who wanted to do it. He's more skillful and the speed of thought is quicker but his greedy moments let him down. Waghorn I felt worked well with Fryup against Sheff U and that performance is probably the next down to this. Plenty of work, holding it up and diving about nicely done.

I am glad you have done that. It seemed to me a warning against statistics. You were comparing a manager who had a pre-season and most of his games in League 1 with one who came in halfway through a season to clear up a mess in the Championship. That is no disrespect to Nigel who I think is the best manager since Martin O'Neill.

Adding the top goal scorers may startle those supporters who are convinced Matty Fryatt cannot score goals at this level.

my thoughts exactly Davo

Berner did that anyway but we saying on the way back the improvement he's made over the summer considering he's a senior player as well is incredible. He's probably one of our weakest links last year.

If I understand this (and that's by no means guaranteed so please correct me if I'm wrong) you're saying Berner was a weak link last season. If that is what you're saying, then you're talking utter bollocks.

Very good game, both teams going for it, and there's no doubt the atmosphere is always better ( I think ) under floodlights, added to by the fact it is a compact ground and was nearly full. Evening made even better by the Wetherspoons at Liverpool Street being open until late before I poured myself on the train home. Best performance I've seen for yonks. Well done NP and all the players.

If I understand this (and that's by no means guaranteed so please correct me if I'm wrong) you're saying Berner was a weak link last season. If that is what you're saying, then you're talking utter bollocks.

Berner was fine last year, except when he was played in midfield, which was NP's call. A class act at left back IMO, very unruffled.

I agree. Berner only made 10 starts last season, with Mattock being 'first' choice, so difficult to judge how good he would have been if he had had a good continuous run.

He was. Although, majority of it was out of position. Behind Mattock and Dickov, he was IMO most poorest performers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669