QPR in trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being in a distinct minority in favour of his appointment, I don't remember "most" agreeing with me.
I know it's difficult when people don't use punctuation or normal sentence structure, but I don't think that's what Motown meant.

I know it's difficult when people don't use punctuation or normal sentence structure, but I don't think that's what Motown meant.

Thanks BM for that. Yes I did mean, in my clumsy way, in the previous post that most City fans were not in favour of Colin getting the managers job under MM. I'm sure West Ham fans will probably feel the same way as they always seem to want their teams to play "proper football" and Colin's teams generally play a high pressure game.

Say BM I wonder what nutter we will next encounter when we are on the same public transport.:icon_bigg

Thanks BM for that. Yes I did mean, in my clumsy way, in the previous post that most City fans were not in favour of Colin getting the managers job under MM. I'm sure West Ham fans will probably feel the same way as they always seem to want their teams to play "proper football" and Colin's teams generally play a high pressure game.
I don't think that's the reason they won't want him.
Say BM I wonder what nutter we will next encounter when we are on the same public transport.:icon_bigg
Feckin' pissed up weirdo. He'd attempted a handshake with me just after I got off the train. I rejected it and he responded by falling down the stairs. He then tried to cross over into the interchange, despite everyone else waiting patiently at the crossing, and this resulted in him being almost run over. And that's when some other nutter barged into the back of me...

I don't think that's the reason they won't want him.

Feckin' pissed up weirdo. He'd attempted a handshake with me just after I got off the train. I rejected it and he responded by falling down the stairs. He then tried to cross over into the interchange, despite everyone else waiting patiently at the crossing, and this resulted in him being almost run over. And that's when some other nutter barged into the back of me...

It was hardly a barge:icon_bigg

What difference does it make if QPR are top or bottom of the league?
If they have broken any rules they should be punished regardless of their finishing position.
I hope they're relegated to the Southern League.

What difference does it make if QPR are top or bottom of the league?
If they have broken any rules they should be punished regardless of their finishing position.
I hope they're relegated to the Southern League.

What would concern me is the money that the QPR owners have. Does money talk? Let's wait and see......

Not sure QPR have done anything wrong at all here. The accusation is that they used an 'unsolicited' agent, errr, ok, but that wasn't against any rules at the time of the transfer in question - and also the football league ratified the transfer at the time.

Slap on the wrists, fined and feck off to Scudamore's Premier League. That's what will happen here I reckon.

They will get away with it, a slap on the wrist, a fine and 'Don't do it again you naughty boys!'. Can you imagine if they dock QPR points, they will then take it to the courts, the playoffs will be postponed which could have a knock on effect for next season. Never gonna happen

I reckon they will be deducted 9 points, meaning they can't be Champions & have to equal Cardiff's result in the final game (as they have a +18 goal difference advantage)

Logic
- don't want someone who has broken rules winning the division, but QPR still have it within their powers to go up
- be interesting whether QPR would appeal or bank on them achieving a better result at home to Leeds, than Cardiff can get at Turf Moor

I think this transfer occurred prior to 3rd party rules though? Just realised, the orange one agrees with me. Forget it, I must be wrong.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...d-nothing-wrong-they-will-only-get-slap-wrist

You are correct about the 3rd party rules.

However, QPR have 7 charges against them. One which is thought to be about an agent being paid illegally. It's this charge which is expected to lead to a points deduction.

The media have only really highlighted the third party issue because of it's previous occurance with West Ham.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/QPR-Paladini-charged

‪''The Club is also charged with allegedly using or seeking to pay an Unauthorised Agent in relation to the player’s registration in July 2009. This charge is brought under the Players Agents Regulations, A1.''‬

Last edited:
They will get away with it, a slap on the wrist, a fine and 'Don't do it again you naughty boys!'. Can you imagine if they dock QPR points, they will then take it to the courts, the playoffs will be postponed which could have a knock on effect for next season. Never gonna happen
I think you'll find there'll be litigation no matter what happens.

I do not envy the members of the committee who have to first of all decide between a fine or a points deduction. A fine would have to be extraordinarily big to make up for a club getting into the Prem. A points deduction at this stage in the season is very difficult. Deducting say five points will not affect QPR who would be promoted anyway. Deducting 20 points could mean a club being promoted who did not earn a place in the play-offs.

Clarity and intention are the most important. How far were QPR aware of the rules and did they break them through intent rather than incompetence.

Two possible solutions would be for Cardiff to be given the automatic promotion spot with QPR given a place in the play-offs which is not very satisfactory (except for Cardiff). The other is for QPR to keep their promotion but (with the agreement of the Prem) to be deduicted perhaps 3 points (enough to make a difference but not enough to make relegation inevitable).

The only thing I am certain of is that the timing is absolutely wrong. My understanding is that the offences have been known since the first half of the season. The decision should have been made then. To leave it until the start of the playoffs is incompetent.

I do not envy the members of the committee who have to first of all decide between a fine or a points deduction. A fine would have to be extraordinarily big to make up for a club getting into the Prem. A points deduction at this stage in the season is very difficult. Deducting say five points will not affect QPR who would be promoted anyway. Deducting 20 points could mean a club being promoted who did not earn a place in the play-offs.

Clarity and intention are the most important. How far were QPR aware of the rules and did they break them through intent rather than incompetence.

Two possible solutions would be for Cardiff to be given the automatic promotion spot with QPR given a place in the play-offs which is not very satisfactory (except for Cardiff). The other is for QPR to keep their promotion but (with the agreement of the Prem) to be deduicted perhaps 3 points (enough to make a difference but not enough to make relegation inevitable).

The only thing I am certain of is that the timing is absolutely wrong. My understanding is that the offences have been known since the first half of the season. The decision should have been made then. To leave it until the start of the playoffs is incompetent.
So Swansea don't figure. Nice work.

You are correct about the 3rd party rules.

However, QPR have 7 charges against them. One which is thought to be about an agent being paid illegally. It's this charge which is expected to lead to a points deduction.

The media have only really highlighted the third party issue because of it's previous occurance with West Ham.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2011/QPR-Paladini-charged

‪''The Club is also charged with allegedly using or seeking to pay an Unauthorised Agent in relation to the player’s registration in July 2009. This charge is brought under the Players Agents Regulations, A1.''‬

Ah, right. Thanks Hazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670