QPR Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

Just back, fans deserve a 10/10 for singing non-stop, much more like it....

Rab 7 Had nothing to do, kicking was solid, not at fault for goals
Stearman 8 This kid is great...
McCarthy 8 A high mark considering they scored from two free headers, but he led the line well..
Kisnorbo 8 Great at centre-back IMO.
Johannson 7 Did ok.
Gudjohnsson 7 Did ok...Busy as ever.
Hughes 8 Winning goal, tireless..
Wesolowski 8 What a good player he looks (he replaced Williams so early on, I have eluded the mighty Gav)
Maybury 7 Did ok.
Hume 6 Not in it..
Fryatt 8 Great, good goal and always looked sharp..

O'Grady 8 Looks a good strong forward..

Kelly 10 Well done Rob...you and Stowell put out a side who didn't know how to lose tonight and the jubilation on the lads' faces at the end told the story...Superb.

Yeah, I'm with Alex, apart from I'd knock Joey down a bit (probably his worst game for us, but we'll forgive him 1 bad in an otherwise excellent season) and I'd put Hume up a bit - did us a lot of good pressurising their back 4.

I'm definitely with you on Kisnorbo and especially the fans - best away day atmosphere for such a long time. Long may it continue!!!

The strange thing about Kisnorbo was he looked the most composed of our defenders on the ball, he looked like he had loads of time. And he took the piss by chipping it over one of their players before clearing it in a tight situation. Don't know what's happened to give him the confidence to try something like that.

Douglas 6 - Nothing to do excepte pick the ball out of his net. Despite this I wish he would command his area

Stearman 7 - An average display, wasn't great in possession of the ball however was sound defensively. Goal (how did he pop up in the left wing position!) and assist notch up the score
McCarthy 7.5 - 1 mistake led to their first goal, otherwise was very solid against the towering QPR frontline
Kisnorbo 8.5 - Useless in midfield, rock like at the back. Consistently won headers against taller strikers and distributed well.
Johansson 5 - Ainsworth had the beating of him and was reluctant to put his foot in.

Maybury 4 - Awful awful defending for the first goal and the only positive contribution was winning a free kick in a dangerous area. Anonymous.
Gudjonsson 5 - Back to the Joey of old I'm afraid. Very reckless when in possession and reluctant to give the simple ball
Wesolowski 7 - Initial opinion is very favourable. Used the ball well and halted the few QPR attacks with intelligent positioning, often complemented with a simple ball. Lovely clipped cross for Stearmans goal and class reaction as well, he went mental! (Williams 5)
Hughes 6 - Anonymous until the last 20 minutes when he sprung into life and looked the best player on the park.

Hume 5 - Nothing worked for him tonight and I felt sorry for him as he was feeding off scraps.
Fryatt 7 - Not involved much but was impressive when in the action. Held it up surprisingly well and predatory finish.

Sub

O'Grady 7 - very positive, a physical presence with some pace and ability. Looks to have what it takes even if it is only cameo appearances

Great to read all the positive stuff about Kisnorbo. It can sometimes make the world of difference if you play someone in a different position. Unfortunately it's currently working agaisnt Maybury.

webmaster said:
Bet it doesn't stop him getting booed on Saturday though.

No way one could boo him if he plays like that mind.... However the boo boys don't have De Vries anymore do they? I reckon Joey will be the next target as his signing away at the end of the season will piss people off.

alex said:
No way one could boo him if he plays like that mind....

He'll get booed even before the match starts!

And the boo boys don't care about how well someone is playing, if they have it in their tiny little minds that someone should be booed, they'll do it anyway (MdV v Spurs for example).

I think Rab should of done much better with their second goal. He could of Plucked it out of the air before it got anywhere near a QPR man.

A good performance overall with a good atmosphere and the right result - lets keep it up:041::041::041:

Fox Fan said:
I think Rab should of done much better with their second goal. He could of Plucked it out of the air before it got anywhere near a QPR man.

A good performance overall with a good atmosphere and the right result - lets keep it up:041::041::041:

Wow, you reckon? Fair do's, missed that.

alex said:
Wow, you reckon? Fair do's, missed that.

Well when I got back they were showing the highlights on SSN, Using Sky+ I palyed it back around 5 times in slow mo, and I think he could of moved the ball away for certain. I also paused it to be absolutly sure of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669