Quaint community of travelling lovelies in the car park

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read the newspapers and studied a proper subject at University so consequently have no real opinion about travelers.

i think comparing the derogatory words of 'gypo' and 'paki' falls short of parallels

most people don't use 'paki' because they know a lot of asian people, share things in common, like them, respect them, don't want to use derogatory words about them

however, most people who come into contact with the quaint travelling community, seem to not like them and want to upset them

however, most people who come into contact with the quaint travelling community, seem to not like them and want to upset them

I dont think anyone wants to upset them, id rather them not be arround to upset personally.

Do they WANT to upset us or do they act like uncivilised scum by accident?

I used to walk past the travellers site off Hinckley Road every day on my way to work for years, never had a problem with them. I think they were more worried about being so close to Braunstone, it affected the value of their caravans.
Maybe if there were more permanent sites most of the problems they cause would go away.

Maybe if there were more permanent sites most of the problems they cause would go away.

Not for the people who live nexgt to these sites.

A site has just been rejected in the North West Leicestershire area, and thank god. It was going to cost £2m pounds to set up, all of which comes from tax.

Maybe that £2m should be spend on improving health facilities for local resisdents rather than spending the money on a set of people who choose to live the life they do. The council owes them no facilities, and neither do the local resisdents.

I used to walk past the travellers site off Hinckley Road every day on my way to work for years, never had a problem with them. I think they were more worried about being so close to Braunstone, it affected the value of their caravans.

mutleyani1fr2.gif

I noticed as I drove passed that there was five or six caravans on the Saffron Lane Stadium car park this morning.

Isn't it available for parking on matchday?

So thats it then in a nutshell.All travellers are jolly nice people who are misunderstood.You should not refer to them as Gyppos or pikeys as it insults their race and makes you a nazi. So my sister shouldnt be pissed off at the nice people who bought the field next door to her and saw her house value tumble from 325,00 to 160,000 overnight.She musnt grumble at he dogs barking all day long.She would be an exteme right winger if she felt her two grand a year council tax charge shouldnt be waived for her lovely neighbours.I think she would be tad picky if she complained about burnt out cars and trailers strewn across the field. Hurrah for political correctness :038::038::038:

Last edited:
So thats it then in nutshell.All travellers are jolly nice people who are misunderstood.You should not refer to them as Gyppos or pikeys as it insults their race and makes you a nazi. So my sister shouldnt be pissed off at the nice people who bought the field next her and saw her house value tumble from 325,00 to 160,000 overnight.She musnt grumble at he dogs barking all day long.She would be an exteme right winger if she felt her two grand a year council tax charge should be waived for her lovely neighbours.I think she would be tad picky if she complained about burnt out cars and trailers strewn across the field. Hurrah for political correctness :038::038::038:

:038:
Top stuff.

I was at one of my customer's premises today in Northants, they got done over by travellers yesterday that are camped near by. Approx £7,000 worth of pond equipment nicked.

The travellers came in earlier in the day and asked some questions, they expected them to return at night so made sure the CCTV was running

I tried to explain some of the more tolerant views expressed in this thread, he wasn't in agreement.

Last edited:
When I worked for JJB last year they were in every day stealing stuff in full view of everyone but we were advised not to do anything because of the possibe consequences.
They also used to leave their old (disgustingly smelly) trainers in the box of the ones they had just stolen.

When I worked for a company on the Meridian they parked outside an empty office next to ours and caused damage to us and the other businesses around. Plus they used to use the gap / path between the 2 buildings as a toilet despite the fact my office had a window onto it :013:

Come now my fellow posters let us be more tolerant to our brother and sisters.After all tolerance towards ferral kids, murderers,rapists, terrorists,
muggers,drug dealers, shoplifters, makes this country great. :038:

"Any more riders, any more riders now. Scream if you wanna go faster"

Two sentances that put the fear of a scary thing into any local resident.

Why are travellers so misunderstood, or are they?

Come now my fellow posters let us be more tolerant to our brother and sisters.After all tolerance towards ferral kids, murderers,rapists, terrorists,
muggers,drug dealers, shoplifters, makes this country great. :038:

We should have a bank holiday in their honor

"Any more riders, any more riders now. Scream if you wanna go faster"

Two sentances that put the fear of a scary thing into any local resident.

Why are travellers so misunderstood, or are they?

Travellers don't run fairs.

The people who run fairs might be pikey ****s who travel around & live in caravans, but they're not 'Travellers'.

The people who run fairs might be pikey ****s who travel around & live in caravans, but they're not 'Travellers'.

Most of the folk who get called travellers are not travellers.

The point I was trying to make really.

Their behaviour and lifestyle is no different to the "scum" that run the fairs. The only difference is, one lot have dodgems and park in the streets, the others have horses and German shepards and park in school fields or car parks.

Last edited:
TRAVELLERS BLIGHT MATCH DAY PARKING FOR FANS
30 readers have commented on this story. Click here to read their views.
BY JENNY OUSBEY

10:30 - 29 November 2007

Travellers who set up an illegal camp on a car park at the Walkers Stadium have now moved on to another site.

The 12 caravans are still blighting match day parking for the football club's fans.

The travellers moved on to the Saffron Lane Sports Centre Stadium car park at about 4pm on Tuesday.

Yesterday, the centre's manager said football supporters hoping to use the centre's car park to watch Leicester City against Southampton on Saturday will have to be turned away.

The centre's manager, Clive Morrison, also said a Leicester City Council officer was assaulted by the travellers when he met to discuss the situation with them at 11.45am yesterday.

The group of travellers is said to be the same ones who set up camp in Raw Dykes Road car park last week, causing chaos for fans before this Monday's game against Cardiff City.

Mr Morrison said: "An enforcement officer from the council came to speak to the travellers and he was kicked and punched.

"Eggs were thrown at him and his car was chased.

"Obviously our patrons don't want to park in the car park and it's affecting business.

"We cannot guarantee their safety now and we will be at the gate telling people they can't park here on Saturday.

"Around 100 cars park there on match days and we will lose revenue."

He said: "The traveller kids are running around causing havoc within the stadium while people are trying to train and we have got extra staff on to control that.

"We have got a police presence when things get out of hand, but it doesn't look good.

"They are lifting equipment and throwing things on to the track.

"We are having building work done at the moment and they have smashed stone slabs and just been a general nuisance."

A city council spokesperson said: "We can confirm there was an incident involving one of our officers today and it has been reported to the police.

"We have now started the eviction process and we are aiming to evict them as soon as possible.

"We believe they are the same group of travellers who were at the car park near the Walkers Stadium."

A group of 12 caravans, vans and cars formed an illegal camp on Raw Dykes Road car park, opposite the Leicester City ground on Friday November 23.

Football fans arriving for Leicester City's game against Cardiff City on Monday night were left with nowhere to park and many drove away in disgust.

Too anyone who stills wants to defend these lovelies

:098: :067: :076:

Too anyone who stills wants to defend these lovelies

:098: :067: :076:

It's not their fault lako, they only breed between themselves so have a reduced gene pool.

The only way forward I can see is an enforced sterilisation program or for them to breed with the general population.
The government could set up a 'Poke-a-Pikey' week or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669