Questions for the Foxes Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

We have today commenced a series of articles looking at our published aims, a review of progress against each aim to date and how we intend to pursue those aims going forward

Here is a link to the first article
http://foxestrust.co.uk/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=401&Itemid=2

From your site:
Going Forward - The Trust Board recognises, while previously our views could be put over to a number of board members, the current situation is different and for any issue we need to convince Milan Mandaric. So far Milan Mandaric has attended one Trust Board meeting

Hehehe. Not exactly going according to plan is it :icon_wink

Again, from your site:
If the Trust does not make progress on a particular issue, then it is far more likely that we will utilise the media channels to communicate as a lobbying method.

So you'll tart yourselves to the press? What would that achieve? Milan is in charge and what he says goes. Get over it.

Foxes_Trust

From your site:
Going Forward - The Trust Board recognises, while previously our views could be put over to a number of board members, the current situation is different and for any issue we need to convince Milan Mandaric. So far Milan Mandaric has attended one Trust Board meeting

Hehehe. Not exactly going according to plan is it :icon_wink .

One of the main forums for dialogue will be the Advisory Board (more on that in a later article) which has been delayed due to the managerial turmoil this season.

At this stage we don't find that frustrating, as MM's focus has been about the manager & playing squad, topics where we wouldn't expect influence

Again, from your site:
If the Trust does not make progress on a particular issue, then it is far more likely that we will utilise the media channels to communicate as a lobbying method.

So you'll tart yourselves to the press? What would that achieve? Milan is in charge and what he says goes. Get over it.

It is a course we may have to use now, where as previously if one person within LCFC wasn't listening, we had other board members to lobby & used this successfully

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
... previously if one person within LCFC wasn't listening, we had other board members to lobby & used this successfully

Doesn't make for strong management though, does it? - when you can go around all the different people until you get the answer you want. You must be pleased that the new regime will lead to stronger and clearer management. No?

Redditch Fox

At this stage we don't find that frustrating, as MM's focus has been about the manager & playing squad, topics where we wouldn't expect influence

Quite - obviously fans have no interest in the playing and managerial sides of the club. Everyone knows that. In fact I understand that Sky is considering not bothering to cover the actual matches anymore - but to concentrate instead on the matters that fans are really interested - when they have found out what these are of course.

Foxes_Trust

Quite - obviously fans have no interest in the playing and managerial sides of the club. Everyone knows that. In fact I understand that Sky is considering not bothering to cover the actual matches anymore - but to concentrate instead on the matters that fans are really interested - when they have found out what these are of course.

Full of sarcasm again, you would not expect the club to be asking the Trust which players to sign. The only views we have expressed about the managerial situation since MM took over is not to go for Warnock, as our previous consultation of members indicated there was a clear majority against him

lazzer

In retrospect i would be a bit embarrassed to live off that little nugget. :icon_redf

Stealth

and how many posts have you made in comparison to them for them to bother answering, i wouldn't if i was them

lol

i thought this thread was titled ' questions for the foxes trust'

:icon_wink

"We will of course continue to read posts on here & would ask fans to continue to post questions on here for us to answer as it remains a very important link between the Trust & the fans "

Last edited:

Si Nick

lol

i thought this thread was titled ' questions for the foxes trust'

:icon_wink

"We will of course continue to read posts on here & would ask fans to continue to post questions on here for us to answer as it remains a very important link between the Trust & the fans "

still don't get why you want to know

don't give a scooby myself

Redditch Fox

Full of sarcasm again, you would not expect the club to be asking the Trust which players to sign. The only views we have expressed about the managerial situation since MM took over is not to go for Warnock, as our previous consultation of members indicated there was a clear majority against him

Unfortunately that about sums up your judgement of situations and at least clarifies the wisdom of you not seeking any further involvement in footballing matters.

If you had had anything about you - which you haven't - you might have sought to lead opinions not sink to the lowest common denominator. Of course there were people of schoolboy/ schoolgirl type naivety that thought that because Warnock had expressed sharp words about the way we escaped the Administration situation in relatively good shape( thereby leading to a changing of the rules to introduce points penalties) and that Warnock was a figure of evil.

However, appointing a Leicester City manager is not about selecting a companion for a beach holiday - it's actually about finding someone in our case with the strength of character and experience to drag us out of a wretched mess. Now....I understand that Warnock p-sses off a lot of people. But I wonder how many people of some objectivity would think that Warnock wouldn't have been a decent appointment? We shall never know but I suspect that had he been appointed last Summer that we would have been considerably better off than we are now.I don't think Warnock would have presided over a summer of ludicrously misjudged signings and I do think that he would have got the whole thing better sorted. Milan may be a well intentioned and moderately wealthy benefactor (or not) but clearly he's a bit like someone playing on the motorway when it comes to making football-led decisions. He needs a strong experienced counter balance.

There is no sarcasm meant here - I simply believe that the FT is an unnecessary embarrassment.

Biffa Bacon

A question for the trust... Why bother going to a match if you are going to sit there totally silent for 90 minutes and then leave 5 minutes before the final whistle?

Redditch Fox

A question for the trust... Why bother going to a match if you are going to sit there totally silent for 90 minutes and then leave 5 minutes before the final whistle?

But this is just one of the many silly stances taken by the Trust.

This will be my last post on Trust issues. They are not worth the space.

I have sussed them. They have a grand name and momentarily caught the right tide at the time we went into Administration and people were nervous about the very future of the club.

Since then they have squirmed around anxiously seeking for a new role that doesn't exist. They played a weasel role during the Mandaric takeover and since then have postured on issues like fans' dissent as we see our club (not the FT's) getting into a more wretched mess by the month.

I just wonder what sort of muster the Trust could draw to a general meeting of a cold, wet January evening? Hundreds? - I don't think so. Scores? - probably not.

I was in favour of the Mandaric takeover - on the basis that there was no alternative. Since then things have become worse not better. However, Mandaric is real and the only current way forward. We supporters know how it is - every match tells us how it is and we don't need the patronising and totally gratuitous advice from the Trust as to how we applaud, show dissent or whatever.

Foxes_Trust

The Trust isn't one person, even if you are talking about the Trust board, like any group of fans some are more vocal than others during the game, in fact as we sit in different areas of the ground, I (posting currently) couldn't tell you how vocal some of the other board members are (although none of us pick on players during the game because we have discussed this aspect).

As for leaving early, I can only state for myself and I have never left before the final whistle in my life & doubt I ever will.

Biffa Bacon

The Trust isn't one person, even if you are talking about the Trust board, like any group of fans some are more vocal than others during the game, in fact as we sit in different areas of the ground, I (posting currently) couldn't tell you how vocal some of the other board members are (although none of us pick on players during the game because we have discussed this aspect).

As for leaving early, I can only state for myself and I have never left before the final whistle in my life & doubt I ever will.

The reason for my comment is that the trust feels that it can tell city supporters how to support their team whilst high profile trust members (director level) chose to 'support' the team by being silent and leaving early, if you don't want this sort of criticism then don't tell us what to do.

Foxes_Trust

The reason for my comment is that the trust feels that it can tell city supporters how to support their team whilst high profile trust members (director level) chose to 'support' the team by being silent and leaving early, if you don't want this sort of criticism then don't tell us what to do.

We weren't complaining about any criticism, just pointing out that like the entire fan base, the Trust board have some vocal on support & some less so, but none of us feel it is right to pick on players before a ball is kicked & we still haven't seen too many posters across message boards arguing against this point.

There was less evidence of this over the Christmas home games which is a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669