Quorn - pre-season friendly - Saturday 14th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Please note that this match is on the same date as the Oadby friendly. The 'senior squad' will apparently be split between the two games. The relative kick-off times mean that it will be impossible to see the whole of both games

Kick Off: 3:00 p.m.

Tickets

£6 Adults
£4 Concessions

All pay on the gate.

Fox Travel

... eeerrr... No.

But Arriva bus service 127 leaves for Quorn every 10 minutes from Bay 5 at St Margarets Bus Station.

Directions & Parking

Drive north on the A6.

After crossing the A46 Leicester Western By-Pass, continue on the A6 until you reach the second roundabout, where you turn left for Quorn.

Left again at traffic lights onto Farley Way. Ground is on the left.

About 11 or 12 miles, 20 to 25 minutes.

I can't imagine that there will be any difficulty with parking but would be pleased to hear from the locals.

Trains

Hourly steam train service from Leicester North to Quorn & Woodhouse station which is about a mile from the ground.

Pubs

The Quorndon Fox on Loughborough Road would seem the most appropriate. This is the road off which you turn left at the lights. Locals may have other advice - or you could use your own local before or after travelling!

Last edited:
There is a car park at the ground but I expect it will fill up fairly quickly for a match like this.

and loads of space on nearby streets.

There is a very nice bar at the ground plus a proper kitchen selling grub. There is also a stand which houses about 300, you can sit here at no extra cost.

Superb set-up for a club their size. You can even take ya own ball and play on the astroturf round the back of stand during the match and at half-time.

I am planning to attend, although I suspect it will be ressies and youth.

Would anyone know anyway how to get there from leamington spa or rugby via train?

Last edited:
Would anyone know anyway how to get there from leamington spa or rugby via train?

No chance....the nearest you'll get is Loughborough and then a bus.

I've now put information about the local bus service between Leicester and Quorn in the original post of the thread.

Or get one of the steam trains Boc mentioned :icon_roll

Before anybody takes this option seriously, I should perhaps point out that Leicester North station is some way out of the city centre - near where the A6 crosses the Outer Ring Road. You would need to get a bus from the city centre to Leicester North station.

Last edited:
Before anybody takes this option seriously, I should perhaps point out that Leicester North Station is some way out of the city centre - near where the A6 crosses the Outer Ring Road. You would need to get a bus from the city centre to Leicester North station.

It would also be cheaper to hire your own limousine

Before anybody takes this option seriously, I should perhaps point out that Leicester North station is some way out of the city centre - near where the A6 crosses the Outer Ring Road. You would need to get a bus from the city centre to Leicester North station.

Couldn'y you also get the steam train from Loughborough - although it would still take a walk between the two Loughborough stations.

It would also be cheaper to hire your own limousine

Yes - but you won't smell of smoke when you get home. There are train-spotters on this forum who will love this kind of option. Steam train and City on the same day - what more can life offer them?

Couldn'y you also get the steam train from Loughborough - although it would still take a walk between the two Loughborough stations.

:icon_bigg A much shorter walk than from the city centre to Leicester North though!

Well Bernie (supposedly) walks from Quorn to Leicester every home game, so I don't see why you lazy feckwits can't do the same......

That's option but very much limited access. There is only one walkway I can think which would allow you to cross the A6.

Presumably you could just walk straight down Barrow Road and under the A6. Looking at Streetmap, it looks like a walk of about 1½ miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566