Rab

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmiggy

I was always under the impression that any team was built from the back.In the past Leicester have always had the reputation for producing good goalkeepers.I now feel that reputation as been blown to pieces.Rab Douglas fails to command his 18 yard box,and you feel that any decent cross will result in him being beaten.His total lack of command results in total confusion in the defence,and the sooner he packs his bags the better.To be honest i think he is a joke. please please Rab go home.

We must get a new keeper in January, What Ian Walker doing?

Last edited:
rhab said:
We must get a new keeper in January, What Ian Walker doing?

After tonight i would imagine Ian Walker is glad he got away.......We could always beg him to come back lol

Rab isn't ideal but a reality check will tell you we are a Championship side in the lower reaches,he's as good as we can expect and to be honest theres bigger problems in the side namely the lazy good for feck all get on the right wing.

highland fox said:
Rab isn't ideal but a reality check will tell you we are a Championship side in the lower reaches,he's as good as we can expect and to be honest theres bigger problems in the side namely the lazy good for feck all get on the right wing.

The problem is,a error by the goalkeeper...... ie Rab Douglas results in a goal,any ball delivered into the box,should be the keepers ball.How many times does Rab Douglas dominate the box.I feel that deep down he does not know where he should be or whether to go and collect the ball or not.This does not give confidence to the defence.Ian Walker was a lot shorter than Rab Douglas yet managed to cut out high crosses.

tsmiggy said:
The problem is,a error by the goalkeeper...... ie Rab Douglas results in a goal,any ball delivered into the box,should be the keepers ball.How many times does Rab Douglas dominate the box.I feel that deep down he does not know where he should be or whether to go and collect the ball or not.This does not give confidence to the defence.Ian Walker was a lot shorter than Rab Douglas yet managed to cut out high crosses.

But Rab Douglas isn't on the same wages as Ian Walker.Ian Walker is history he isn't coming back and I don't remember him being that great on Crosses.

highland fox said:
But Rab Douglas isn't on the same wages as Ian Walker.Ian Walker is history he isn't coming back and I don't remember him being that great on Crosses.

I am not calling for the return of Ian Walker i was trying to point out that the defence looks totally unsure of the goalkeeper we have at the moment.We keep calling for a new striker,but we have a very very poor goalkeeper.I personaly think he is a liability

tsmiggy said:
I am not calling for the return of Ian Walker i was trying to point out that the defence looks totally unsure of the goalkeeper we have at the moment.We keep calling for a new striker,but we have a very very poor goalkeeper.I personaly think he is a liability

Maybe but don't you also think the return of Dublin in defence also added to us looking suspect in the air?

I cannot think of any reason why we cant give Henderson a chance.What would we have to lose.But of course that does beg the question of favourtism

highland fox said:
Maybe but don't you also think the return of Dublin in defence also added to us looking suspect in the air?

Yes i do......... i am not a Dublin fan.But any ball in the box should be the keepers ball.Rab does not command his area

tsmiggy said:
Yes i do......... i am not a Dublin fan.But any ball in the box should be the keepers ball.Rab does not command his area

Fair enough;) but I think we have bigger problems than our Keeper

highland fox said:

I agree but a goalkeeping mistake results in a goal,and a poor goalkeeper results in uncertainty in the defence,hence we conceed goals.How often does he kick the ball out to the opposition,or even throw it to them

highland fox said:

Dont worry Highland. Lee Morris will come back and his return from injury will inspire us into the playoffs. With Lord Lucan on our team, we will destroy everyone.

highland fox said:
Durham told me he is worse on crosses than Douglas
since when did you start listening to durham highland-personally i feel henderson offers a more secure option then the erratic douglas

drummindefender said:
since when did you start listening to durham highland-personally i feel henderson offers a more secure option then the erratic douglas

I've heard from other sources that Henderson 'flaps' at crosses but in the end we are only a Championship side and if our Keeper was that good then he wouldn't be playing in the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669