Rab

Status
Not open for further replies.
tsmiggy said:
I was always under the impression that any team was built from the back.In the past Leicester have always had the reputation for producing good goalkeepers.I now feel that reputation as been blown to pieces.Rab Douglas fails to command his 18 yard box,and you feel that any decent cross will result in him being beaten.His total lack of command results in total confusion in the defence,and the sooner he packs his bags the better.To be honest i think he is a joke. please please Rab go home.

I don't think he could be blamed for any of last night's goals.

Although it looked a pen from the away end, seeing it on the replay it shouldn't have been given. The replay confirmed my initial reaction that he should have been sent off (if it had been a foul!), don't know why the ref only gave him a yellow card.

There's no way he could have come out to collect the two headers, the first one was too far out, and the second one the ball was whipped in too quickly.

He has his faults, and he's had some bad games, but he didn't do much wrong last night.

step said:
All this crap about walker commanding his goal and comming out for corners and crosses what tosh walker was as bad as Rab for sitting on his line and doing nothing. Some people have a very short memory

Absolutely right.

By old Leicester standards, Walker was and is a dodgy keeper and never remotely sound enough to play for England.

It was well known before we signed him, that Rab Douglas is an experienced but also a flawed keeper - but we were glad enough to bring him in - and he was about as good as we can get.

If Henderson - at this stage in his career - was that good, he wouldn't be just a reserve at Leicester.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
IMO Douglas is ok and probably good enough for the championship but I do believe that he is liable to making costly mistakes. As a shot stopper he is very good but it his the decision making which is very poor. Because of his size he is quite slow and cumbersome and so even a 60-40 in his favour he often loses out on, hence the large number of penalties / free kicks he has conceeded and he has been booked on a number of occasions this season.

He was a little unfortunate with last nights decision but if Henderson had been in goal, as he is more athletic and agile, he would have reached that ball long before Banghora. It is happening too often and also for someone of his size he doesnt command his area and his distribution is shocking, so I think he needs to be taken out of the side and work on his game.

For me Henderson, who is poor on crosses, but on all other attributes is the far better option, as soon as he is back fit, I would give him a decent run.

spot on!!! the pen shouldnt have been given but douglas didnt move the ball so the ref/lino really had no option but to give it at normal speed i thought it was a pen we were lucky the ref didnt give them a pen for dublins handball early on

For the 2 headed goals he wasnt at fault directly as in unable to save them but he should be commanding his defense in defending the cross.

did tim flowers ever come for a cross? i dont remember it, but we were doing well then, so no reason for a scape goat. what is the point in this post, would you prefer dion dublin to be cloned and played in all 11 starting positions like alot of morons would like?

Chrysalis said:
For the 2 headed goals he wasnt at fault directly as in unable to save them but he should be commanding his defense in defending the cross.

What do you mean by 'commanding his defense'?

For the first one the defence did nothing wrong. Dion was in the correct position, the only way he'd have been able to challenge for the ball was by being on the wrong side of Sidibe. The fault was in allowing the player to make the cross. Maybe Rab should be 'commanding the midfield' too.

For the second one it wasn't a great challenge by Maybury, but again the biggest fault was in allowing the cross to happen.

Chrysalis said:

do you expect that he doesnt just assume dion might try and defend a cross coming in? i know footballers are supposed to be thick, but surely he knows that is his job?

That penalty he gave away last night is a manouver he has practiced a few times. For gods sake, why can't he learn from his mistakes!

If he had a clue, we could have made it 2-0 in the 2nd, and I'm not convinced they would have come back from that.

If it isn't one bloody thing with this side. What it spells to me is another period where Levein will convince himself that defending is priority...hence we will sit back and let teams get at us, score no goals, and win no games.

Souness out!

Did I say Souness?!?! It must just be something about underachieving scotsmen with decent squads and no explanation for their shortcomings.

Grrrr, I'm hella mad!:mad: :icon_wink

fitz said:
do you expect that he doesnt just assume dion might try and defend a cross coming in? i know footballers are supposed to be thick, but surely he knows that is his job?

I also find it pretty funny that the supposedly 'experienced' heads are the ones that are letting us down.

Momo
Dublin
Tiatto
DOUGLAS(!)
Wilcox (temporarily gone)

Are any of these players really worth keeping on the payroll?!?

I also find it funny that Levein said Nissa let us down. How many times has Rad let us down without comment. It seems to me that Levein has a few untouchable golden boys, who in his eyes can't do wrong.

SilverFox said:
That penalty he gave away last night is a manouver he has practiced a few times. For gods sake, why can't he learn from his mistakes!

If he had a clue, we could have made it 2-0 in the 2nd, and I'm not convinced they would have come back from that.

If it isn't one bloody thing with this side. What it spells to me is another period where Levein will convince himself that defending is priority...hence we will sit back and let teams get at us, score no goals, and win no games.

Souness out!

Did I say Souness?!?! It must just be something about underachieving scotsmen with decent squads and no explanation for their shortcomings.

Grrrr, I'm hella mad!:mad: :icon_wink

Calm down Silver you will do yourself an injustice!!

I really dont think its all that bad. I thought the stoke player that went down was looking for the penalty, he was going away from goal and thats why rab stayed on the pitch. It doesnt excuse rab clipping him though and I agree that he should have learnt by now.

In terms of sacking CL its not the answer yet. Putting pride and passion back into the team (as I have now posted 10 times, sorry but im passionate about this) is the real answer IMO.

fcukcov said:
Calm down Silver you will do yourself an injustice!!

I really dont think its all that bad. I thought the stoke player that went down was looking for the penalty, he was going away from goal and thats why rab stayed on the pitch. It doesnt excuse rab clipping him though and I agree that he should have learnt by now.

In terms of sacking CL its not the answer yet. Putting pride and passion back into the team (as I have now posted 10 times, sorry but im passionate about this) is the real answer IMO.

Then the passionless must go, i.e. Dublin and Momo!

SilverFox said:
Then the passionless must go, i.e. Dublin and Momo!
momo deff not sure about Dublin. He will be gone at the end of the season anyway, either into coaching or to another club.

Maybe momo needs to be dropped for a few games to show him he is not indisposable.

fcukcov said:
momo deff not sure about Dublin. He will be gone at the end of the season anyway, either into coaching or to another club.

Maybe momo needs to be dropped for a few games to show him he is not indisposable.

I would definitely like to see Sylla dropped, but we have no other natural right winger at the club. Something CL ought to think about during the transfer window

lcfcrules said:
I would definitely like to see Sylla dropped, but we have no other natural right winger at the club. Something CL ought to think about during the transfer window
Hughes? I know hes not a natural right winger but he is a decent midfielder at thie level. or play elvis there, again not a natural right winger but at least he trys and has plenty of pace.

fcukcov said:
Hughes? I know hes not a natural right winger but he is a decent midfielder at thie level. or play elvis there, again not a natural right winger but at least he trys and has plenty of pace.

I have serious doubt about Hughes,sure he is a decent player but he seems very very injury prone and I don't think he 's got the ideal physique for the game.A few Rangers fans I've spoke to have said he was a good prospect there but basically is too 'lightweight' If an offer came in for him in January I would seriously consider selling him,we can't afford to have players who regardless of how talented they might be are spending more time in the Treatment Room than they are on the pitch.

highland fox said:
I have serious doubt about Hughes,sure he is a decent player but he seems very very injury prone and I don't think he 's got the ideal physique for the game.A few Rangers fans I've spoke to have said he was a good prospect there but basically is too 'lightweight' If an offer came in for him in January I would seriously consider selling him,we can't afford to have players who regardless of how talented they might be are spending more time in the Treatment Room than they are on the pitch.
Lee Morris will be back in jan could be the answer to the right side problem.:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00