Radio Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

From Gradel to Grave

Just a quick unscientific survey but at what range can people receive Radio Leicester's FM signal? I've kept moving north and I live in North Notts now but I still receive the signal loud and clear. :102:

I can confirm that I'm struggling to tune in here in Waterford.

Hopefully that should help narrow things down a bit for you.

used to get a listenable signal in a village called West Butterwick nr S****horpe! Mind you it's feckin' flat round there and I had a big aerial...

..got to say I'm struggling to get a signal these days in Stockholm....:icon_wink

RL does have a pretty strong signal, usually if you have a decent aerial you should be able to get it from quite a distance outside the county. Not as far as it used to be though as there are more stations these days, so you're more likely to lose the signal due to intereference from other stations on the same/close frequency.

I've got RL FM on my car radio in Hull before, after we'd played there. I think there were strange atmospheric conditions that night though.

When they were still on AM I listened to the pre-match build up in Ipswich - I was parked next to an electricity pylon which I think acted as an aerial.

Struggle to get it clear in Hinckley sometimes.

Going down the M1, you can hear RL very clearly until you go down the hill towards Watford Gap Services. You then get it again at intervals all the way down to the Milton Keynes area - but you must make sure that you have not selected that function that switches over to another BBC local radio station which has a stronger signal.

It's certainly receivable in Wolverhampton where I have listened to it pre- and post-match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48