Random News Article Thread

So why don't you explain to someone who does wish to listen?.
OK

It may be ignorant what I'm about to say, I know because it sounds ignorant in my own head.

This country is predominantly, historically and stereotypically a white, Christian, country. I used the colour in my original post to highlight the stereotypical and predominant class of human being in this country, and the one that the media and certain sections of society perceive to be the ones that are victimised.

Yes, I know colour doesn't make your religion, but there are stereotypes, and I'm not scared of stereotypes, in fact I embrace them. I see nothing wrong with them. Likewise, I accept that no facts can be gained by anybody's stereotypical physical image.

I think they should have made the kids pray to all the different flavours of "god" and then voted on which is the most ridiculous.

Or better still, make religious education in schools a criminal offence. It is a form of child abuse.

:018:

Kids should be taught the truth about religions all being a load of bollocks, to counter the brainwashing that comes from their parents.

Agree whole heartedly, but I'm sure you understand & agree with the intention behind my post.

My daughter goes to probably the best school in Waterford but, like most here, it is run by the church so I have the opposite problem, countering the blatant brainwashing that she is subjected to by her teachers.

Last year during an RE lesson the teacher was bolloxing on about the temptation of Eve in the garden of Eden when Niamh, my young one, put her hand up and said "erm, ma'am...erm...a talking snake???!" leading to the whole class busting their holes laughing, including the teacher. :icon_lol:

I was so proud of her.

Right, here's a fun story local to me... the Mexican border. There's a bit of a hidden massacre going on down here. Every year literally hundreds of people die trying to get into the States through the sweltering Arizona desert. At this time of year the carnage is particularly high.

It's a wierd juxtaposition - you've got Minute Men and right wingers putting up fences and hunting down "illegals" (how a person can be illegal is beyond me) while the "lefties" are out in the desert every day topping up the thousands of watering stations Americans have erected in border regions to keep "illegals" alive.

Oh, and it's a shame about the pot bust as well. :icon_sad:

Oh, and it's a shame about the pot bust as well. :icon_sad:

A WHO report published this week said America was the country with the most substance abuse. I am sure more shipments have got through to plug any potential gaps. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

What do you expect then to learn?
I'm not "expecting" them to learn anything.

But if there is anything to learn, you've already stated it

Macky said:
But as for the bull run itself, if they are stupid enough to run around the streets with wild animals then **** 'em.

What do you expect then to learn?

The lad who died was an Irish lad who fell off a wall a day before the bull run.
But as for the bull run itself, if they are stupid enough to run around the streets with wild animals then **** 'em.

:icon_eek: they must have added that last part to the tradition!

I know the owners very well. Unfortunately this is commonplace in our trade.

Did they have relevant security in place and it was just unlucky? seems such a shame as I don't hold out much hope for the fish, though according to the news most of the water in the tank had gone, so hopefully (as the owner herself said) they were stolen to order, so at least the fish have a chance.

Did they have relevant security in place and it was just unlucky? seems such a shame as I don't hold out much hope for the fish, though according to the news most of the water in the tank had gone, so hopefully (as the owner herself said) they were stolen to order, so at least the fish have a chance.
Most of the Koi places that get robbed have decent security. They have to for insurance purposes.

I guess some people know how to get round them. Not forgetting that our trade is seriously suffering at the minute due to the economy, fish health scares and the weather. Some of these guys are so worried about their livelihood, that the security systems are way down the pecking order on the list of things to check before they go home.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663