Pre Match Reading (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

I suspect a more or less unchanged team from or defeat at Brizzle and, regrettably a similar result.

Even on our good run I wouldn't have been confident about getting a result here, just something haunting about us and playing here. Not expecting anything but don't see why we shouldn't be able to win this.

I would have thought we need about 74 points to have any chance. So we're probably looking for something like 8 wins and 2 draws from 12 games. If we were to daw against Reading and win against Birmingham things would remain improbable but by no means impossible. The Reading game will be revealing. We should find out if the players are genuinely up for a spectacular run in to the season - or if they don't really believe their's and the club's propaganda.

I would have thought we need about 74 points to have any chance. So we're probably looking for something like 8 wins and 2 draws from 12 games. If we were to daw against Reading and win against Birmingham things would remain improbable but by no means impossible. The Reading game will be revealing. We should find out if the players are genuinely up for a spectacular run in to the season - or if they don't really believe their's and the club's propaganda.

Ahh, you're not catching me with that one: I recognise a spoof when I see one! :icon_bigg

If a defence of Weale, Neilson, Hobbs, Brown and McGivern could score us a win two years ago, this should be a doddle.

"Can you hear the Reading sing, noooooo, nooooooo......"

To be chanted as we take a three goal lead into the half time break.

I had a dream where the whole squad was being chased by chimps riding mopeds. Funnily, none of the chimps were wearing helmets with the straps done up.

See, Noel Fielding, that's how you write ****ing comedy. You teat. You include a transgression of the highway code and people will laugh - not ****ing phones made from cake.

Even on our good run I wouldn't have been confident about getting a result here, just something haunting about us and playing here. Not expecting anything but don't see why we shouldn't be able to win this.

That's usually me and my curse of not being able to see us win, and that Reading is my local game.

I can't make it today though :( So we might get a win at Reading!

Last edited:
Bearing in mind we have only won two on the bounce once this season and beyond, anyone with confidence we can win 8 or 9 from 12 clearly are on something non prescriptive.

I would prefer us to lose this and win next Sunday. Ideally I would like us to win both but I can't see that happening.

EI EI EI o up the football league we don't go.

Last edited:
Bearing in mind we have only won two on the bounce once this season and beyond, anyone with confidence we can win 8 or 9 from 12 clearly are on something non prescriptive.

I would prefer us to lose this and win next Sunday. Ideally I would like us to win both but I can't see that happening.

EI EI EI o up the football league we don't go.

I don't think anyone is confident that this will happen, but things do change in football.

Results wise, we haven't done that badly in the previous 11 games. Another similar run of results until the end of the season would probably see us fall just short.

"Can you hear the Reading sing, noooooo, nooooooo......"

To be chanted as we take a three goal lead into the half time break.

And I thought it was Macky who was on the Colombian marching powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669