Reading Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inderick
No need to be abusive I am just trying to join in

Stop the one sentence posts then - it's really quite annoying. Is that too much to ask?

I dont see why it is a problem and certainly not one worthy of abuse. We all have our different styles of posting.

You like to give abuse. I like to give short comments that get to the point.

I like to give short comments that get to the point.

Really? I think that's your 19th post in this thread and apart from a couple of comments about past appearances on TV you've contributed nothing of any value at all and even some of those could have been condensed into one post without becoming 'verbose, longwinded ramblings'.

I don't mind short comments that make a point, but yours seem to be just pointless ones that are designed solely to up your post count.

I have no interest in upping my post count. There is no prize for the number of posts as far as I know.

I would have to jack in work and spend all day posting to catch up with the number of post you have made Inderick

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no interest in upping my post count. There is no prize for the number of posts as far as I know.

What?! So I've wasted two years of my life for nothing???

I'm off, bye

Edit: Just had a look and it's actually three.:icon_eek:

Last edited:
I would have to jack in work and spend all day posting to catch up with the number of post you have made Inderick

Whatever, there's obviously no reasoning with you so I'll be ignoring you from now on.

We could've been such great friends, what a shame... :icon_cry:

http://www.getwokingham.co.uk/sport...nd_were_bigger_and_better_than_leicester_city

Bertrand: We're bigger and better than Leicester City

Ryan Bertrand has lit the touchpaper ahead of Monday night’s clash against Leicester City by insisting Reading are a bigger club and better club.

Although Royals have not won a Championship game in nine months at Madejski Stadium, the 19-year-old left back insists that they should still be regarded as favourites to turn over eighth-placed Leicester (live on Sky Sports 1, 8pm kick-off).

He said: “Leicester is a big club if you go back through the history books.

“But at this moment in time the league positions are irrelevant. Reading is a better football club than Leicester.

“They say the table never lies, and I guess it doesn’t, but that just shows they’re on a better run than us at the moment.

“The fact is we’re a better football club than Leicester and we should go out there as favourites.”

Good one Ryan. :icon_lol:
16,000 fans - massive club Reading is!
Far bigger than Leicester.

Ryan, you loser.

Good one Ryan. :icon_lol:
16,000 fans - massive club Reading is!
Far bigger than Leicester.

Ryan, you loser.

I'm not entirely sure he's logged in right now - but if you send him a pm he might pick it up later

Definately rode our luck, but having said that we could have scored a couple more. NP was very realistic in his post-match interview, said we were turned over too many times in midfield. He knows we can do better and I fully expect to see a more disciplined performance at QPR.

There were a lot of football managers watching last night.

Dave Jones, Stuart Pearce, Jim Magilton, Tony Adams, Harry Redknapp and a few others.

Hope none of them were scouting our players! (compliment yes but GO AWAY!)

Obviously some were there for England/next opposition.

On last night's showing I sincerely hope they were - means they'll never bother us again....

This should feature on the next crimewatch.

We will get found out sooner rather than later playing like that.
Young McGivern was seriously caught out on more than one occasion, and we were extremely lucky to be playing a side that couldnt hit a cows arse.

Thought in general, the premier lge looked a million miles away. Passing sloppy, very robotic in our style of play, still lumping aimless balls to the front men. We gave up possession countless times and against better quality opposition we would hardly have seen the ball again.

Delighted with the result, delighted with our false lge position, disappointed that people will have such high hopes when clearly we are not ready to make an assult on the premier.

This should feature on the next crimewatch.

We will get found out sooner rather than later playing like that.
Young McGivern was seriously caught out on more than one occasion, and we were extremely lucky to be playing a side that couldnt hit a cows arse.

Thought in general, the premier lge looked a million miles away. Passing sloppy, very robotic in our style of play, still lumping aimless balls to the front men. We gave up possession countless times and against better quality opposition we would hardly have seen the ball again.

Delighted with the result, delighted with our false lge position, disappointed that people will have such high hopes when clearly we are not ready to make an assult on the premier.

Hardly a false league position. We may not have played well last night but that doesn't make us poor all season.

Hardly a false league position. We may not have played well last night but that doesn't make us poor all season.

Your right we have played better this season, but i'm too long in the tooth not to be fooled by all of this. As much as i'd want us to be back in the prem as soon as poss, i dont want us to get promoted and 'do a derby '.
Imo we just dont look quite good enough in every area of the pitch.
Thats not to say we wont do well this season, but no way do we have a team or style of play that could hold its own in the prem.

Your right we have played better this season, but i'm too long in the tooth not to be fooled by all of this. As much as i'd want us to be back in the prem as soon as poss, i dont want us to get promoted and 'do a derby '.
Imo we just dont look quite good enough in every area of the pitch.
Thats not to say we wont do well this season, but no way do we have a team or style of play that could hold its own in the prem.

We're the fifth best team in the league.

We're the fifth best team in the league.

We were top of the Prem after 8 games with Peter Taylor, it didnt mean we were the best team in the Prem.

How good a team we are will be decided at the end of the season not after 14 games.

People are getting stick on here for moaning that we played badly but NP admitted we played badly in the interview after the game. The most important thing is that he recognises this and makes changes, which he has been doing throughout the season so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670