Reading Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
My attitude has nothing to do with what he said. He was shocking in League One last season, pretty much all our fans recognised he was a shit player at that time.

Seemed to do OK in the Championship though last season. 20 starts for Blackpool, 9 goals. So maybe given a couple of starts he could recreate his Blackpool form.

Good point although I do think fryatt has been very lazy of late which has made howard look worse than he is.

Are you having a laugh?

Fryatt's been doing enough running for two forwards (as he has to with Howard on the pitch).

He's had to:
a) play off of the last man, looking to get on the end of though balls
b) work the channels to give the defence/midfield an outlet in the absence of wingers
c) drop off and play the link-up role
d) hold up the ball so that his less than mobile colleagues can get involved

What more do you expect him to do? If he had a decent strike partner perhaps he could get back to what he's good at - scoring goals!

Are you having a laugh?

Fryatt's been doing enough running for two forwards (as he has to with Howard on the pitch).

He's had to:
b) work the channels to give the defence/midfield an outlet in the absence of wingers

What more do you expect him to do? If he had a decent strike partner perhaps he could get back to what he's good at - scoring goals!

That is something Gally can do to help Fryatt, I think Gally Fryatt the two strikers for tonight and we could see a 3-0 Win.

Are you having a laugh?

He's had to:

Totally agree mate. Fryatt has been doing all the hard work past few games and has been playing more as an attacking midfielder than a striker, it's Howard who's been the lazy one recently.

Seemed to do OK in the Championship though last season. 20 starts for Blackpool, 9 goals. So maybe given a couple of starts he could recreate his Blackpool form.

Did he not get something like 7 goals in 8 in his "honeymoon period" when he was there, then go completely missing for the rest of his loan spell?

Besides Fryatt currently has 7 goals in 13 games, which is a better Goals to game ratio than 9 in 20, so why would you drop Fryatt for DJ?

Last edited:
That is something Gally can do to help Fryatt, I think Gally Fryatt the two strikers for tonight and we could see a 3-0 Win.

Again. Agree, I'd like to see Gallagher and Fryatt up front too.

Did he not get something like 7 goals in 8 in his "honeymoon period" when he was there, then go completely missing for the rest of his loan spell?

Yeah like Fryatt did. 20+ goals before Xmas. Signs a new contract, then feck all for the next 5 months.

Totally agree mate. Fryatt has been doing all the hard work past few games and has been playing more as an attacking midfielder than a striker, it's Howard who's been the lazy one recently.

Besides Fryatt currently has 7 goals in 13 games, which is a better Goals to game ratio than 9 in 20, so why would you drop Fryatt for DJ?

To give him a kick up the arse a make him realise he isnt just going to walk in to the team every game!

Yeah like Fryatt did. 20+ goals before Xmas. Signs a new contract, then feck all for the next 5 months.

It was leaked in the summer Fryatt was not fully fit in the second half of the season, hence the major operation in the summer, but harsh on him me thinks.

To give him a kick up the arse a make him realise he isnt just going to walk in to the team every game!

I don't agree that he needs dropping, he just needs a better strike partner where he doesn't have to keep dropping back and holding the ball up.

But even so, if you do think he needs dropping as motivation, why DJ over Waghorn and Kermogant? Waghorn has proved himself this season so far for me, and Kermogant has looked ok though is still adapting to the English game, much rather see him in there at this point than Campbell though.

Last edited:
Are you having a laugh?

He's had to:

a) He isnt doing this he is always in front of howard.
b) He shouldnt need to which is why we end up with three players within ten yards of each other.
c) Again he should be looking for space and let wellens and king find him with the balls we know they can play
d)If he knows his colleagues are not very mobile he shouldnt be dropping back fryatt is at his best when playing as a last man and in space.

b) He shouldnt need to which is why we end up with three players within ten yards of each other.
c) Again he should be looking for space and let wellens and king find him with the balls we know they can play
d)If he knows his colleagues are not very mobile he shouldnt be dropping back fryatt is at his best when playing as a last man and in space.

Did you watch the Palace or Derby games? :102:

Last edited:
I don't agree that he needs dropping, he just needs a better strike partner where he doesn't have to keep dropping back and holding the ball up.

But even so, if you do think he needs dropping as motivation, why DJ over Waghorn and Kermogant? Waghorn has proved himself this season so far for me, and Kermogant has looked ok though is still adapting to the English game, much rather see him in there at this point than Campbell though.

I did actually put in my original post dj/kermogant and imo waghorn is better as an impact player and not a starter.
My point on Dj is although his finishing may not be as good as the best in the league i believe his movement off the ball is very good which pulls defences apart.

Not at the derby game but i was at the palace game and every time howard flicked the ball on nobody was there.

Which would surely indicate that Fryatt wasn't always in front of Howard, and was constantly dropping back, no?

errr, no, he isn't.
errrr, no, he SHOULDN'T need to but he HAS needed to
errrr, no, he has had to come short to get involved in the game. furthermore, when he has had the ball he's kept hold of it very well in the last couple of games.
errrr, no, see above.

I hope Nige reads this thread before tonight's game, or he really won't know what to do when he comes to picking the team

Not at the derby game but i was at the palace game and every time howard flicked the ball on nobody was there.

The whole two times? Although flick-ons can be effective, they cannot be relied upon. Howard's partner just has to guess where the ball will end up. Not always easy, especially if his partner is having to do other jobs at the same time.

errr, no, he isn't.

errrr, no, he SHOULDN'T need to but he HAS needed to

errrr, no, he has had to come short to get involved in the game. furthermore, when he has had the ball he's kept hold of it very well in the last couple of games.

errrr, no, see above.

Have you ever thought if he played as a striker and found space instead of coming back for the ball and getting in the way he might score more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669