Reading (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

i think i have 100% win record when starting a pre match thread ie started one won one.
Brown for Solano, hopefully Vaughan fit for bench because Waggy needs a rest now and again Repeat of yesterdays first half operformance required im going for a 2-1 win Gally pen Hobbs

Re: pre match thread - Reading

i think i have 100% win record when starting a pre match thread ie started one won one.
Brown for Solano, hopefully Vaughan fit for bench because Waggy needs a rest now and again Repeat of yesterdays first half operformance required im going for a 2-1 win Gally pen Hobbs

Quite a few players looked a little jaded towards the end of the game yesterday - wouldn't be surprised to see a few changes, in particular Nobby being rested (Mozza at RB, Brown at CB), Oakley being rested if possible (may require changing to a 442, so could be NP will see if Oakley can get through another 90) and Waggy and / or Gallagher getting a break (Yann and / or N'Guessen the likely replacements, unless Vaughan is back).

But there's some big games tomorrow before we even get to our game on Wednesday.

Expecting a lot of red cards with that formation....

That's his guess at the attendance. I think it's a little high myself, Reading won't sell that many.

(what happened to everyone* predicting the attendances before each game?)

* may have exaggerated

what happened to everyone* predicting the attendances before each game?

* may have exaggerated

Personally, I find the predicting of scores, scorers, team selections, attendances, imaginary scenarios where goals are scored etc etc to be the work of the Devil.

I haven't the first notion why people do any of the above but, if it makes them happy, who am I to question people inviting Satan into their lives.

Personally, I find the predicting of scores, scorers, team selections, attendances, imaginary scenarios where goals are scored etc etc to be the work of the Devil.

I'll continue to keep your Prediction League-username secret then, shall I?

I haven't the first notion why people do any of the above but, if it makes them happy, who am I to question people inviting Satan into their lives.

72-0

The Dark Lord emerges from the tunnel in the second half and puts Reading to the sword.

72-0

The Dark Lord emerges from the tunnel in the second half and puts Reading to the sword.

There are two problems with this.
If one team gets below a certain number of players the game is cancelled. If he puts just a couple of Reading forwards to the sword that is likely to be enough to make the Reading defence jittery.
There is a second probledm in that putting any members of the Reading team to the sword is likely to leads tol a points destruction.

I propose a different solution. Bruno Berner starts the match and puts Reading to the boot.

Just looked at the league table to the right -------------------------------->

And if Reading win there two games in hand then they will be on the edge of the play offs, which is amazing when they seemed all but relegated at Christmas.

I had this one down as a definite City win, but it is going to be a very tight game.

Just looked at the league table to the right -------------------------------->

And if Reading win there two games in hand then they will be on the edge of the play offs, which is amazing when they seemed all but relegated at Christmas.

I had this one down as a definite City win, but it is going to be a very tight game.

Except they have only 1 game in hand on the 6th placed team Cardiff, and if they win it, they will be 7 points adrift of them still.

19404 for the attendance

im going to say we will nick this 2-1 and hope the 2nd half non-show on sunday will make them realise that games arent won in the 1st half

Important couple of days coming up. All bar Florist, the top 6 teams are playing sides in the chasing pack. If all goes well, we could see an 8.5 point chasm open up end of play tomorrow.

Thing is though there usually is a team coming through at the end of the season with a good run (ring any bells RHYDAL?) so nothings assured until then. We have to make sure we have enough points in the bag that any team making a late run makes no difference to us.

Very tough game tomorrow night as they're obviously the form team of the championship at the moment. A little bit of extra pressure on City because of the final result on Sunday after letting a 2 goal lead slip, but if we can repeat the first half performance against Covscum, for the whole 90 minutes against Reading then I would expect City to win this game 2-1, with Reading scoring a consolation goal late on.

Hopefully Berner will be fit for this one, as I wouldn't feel comfortable with McGivern marking McAnuff, even though he did OK on Sunday I would still prefer a 75% fit Berner instead. Brown back in for Morrison who should move over to right back and give Nobby a rest, even though I thought he showed his prem class against Cov. As for the rest of the team I would leave the same as what started on Sunday.

Hopefully NP will make any substitutions a bit earlier in the game if required to, would like to see Vaughan and Spearing get a good run out tomorrow.

Up the City !!!!

Very tough game tomorrow night as they're obviously the form team of the championship at the moment. A little bit of extra pressure on City because of the final result on Sunday after letting a 2 goal lead slip, but if we can repeat the first half performance against Covscum, for the whole 90 minutes against Reading then I would expect City to win this game 2-1, with Reading scoring a consolation goal late on.

Hopefully Berner will be fit for this one, as I wouldn't feel comfortable with McGivern marking McAnuff, even though he did OK on Sunday I would still prefer a 75% fit Berner instead. Brown back in for Morrison who should move over to right back and give Nobby a rest, even though I thought he showed his prem class against Cov. As for the rest of the team I would leave the same as what started on Sunday.

Hopefully NP will make any substitutions a bit earlier in the game if required to, would like to see Vaughan and Spearing get a good run out tomorrow.

Up the City !!!!

:icon_eek::icon_eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675