Reading (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long can it possibly be until they just have ALL the games available to watch live? What do you reckon Jeff?

It looks like the d*rby match will be on TV in Sweden, so it's likely there will be a crap stream available for that one.

I'll be on my way to Wembley on Saturday so won't even have access to the commentary :icon_cry:
I might be desperate enough to sign up for the club's rip-off text message thing. Anyone use it? Any good?

why not just get a friend to send you texts or go on the live text commentary on the bbc site?

How long can it possibly be until they just have ALL the games available to watch live? What do you reckon Jeff?

In England the TV companies have never been allowed to show 3PM Saturday kick-offs live when there is a full league programme.
But even if that continues I would think that within the next few years the big clubs will play all their matches on Sunday, on pay per view if they're not on Sky. It might take a bit longer for the same thing to happen for smaller clubs though.

Because the FA think it will harm football at lower levels, with people choosing to watch a match on TV instead of going to games.

I suppose that's a fair point. Would be nice if they could provide video access to a worldwide audience though.

What they do in the States with the NFL is that if under a certain percentage of tickets are not sold the game is blacked out from television...seems like a good system.

What they do in the States with the NFL is that if under a certain percentage of tickets are not sold the game is blacked out from television...seems like a good system.

The game is only blacked out in that teams specific market (determined by zipcodes within that teams catchment area). The game is still broadcast on the NFL Sunday Ticket. Same goes for MLB. All games are broadcast on MLBTV unless game is blacked out in your area - but even then it is still broadcast outside your catchment area to non-local fans.

The game is only blacked out in that teams specific market (determined by zipcodes within that teams catchment area). The game is still broadcast on the NFL Sunday Ticket. Same goes for MLB. All games are broadcast on MLBTV unless game is blacked out in your area - but even then it is still broadcast outside your catchment area to non-local fans.

Yeah, would be hard to implement in England no? I mean, some of these "Local" markets stateside are larger geographical areas than the entirety of England.

Agreed. Even an IP limit can be circumvented. Hopefully someone will invent some kind of method that prevents copyright infringement and gives everyone a fair opportunity to puchase rights to view their own teams without fear of some cheats ruining it for the rest of us.
Plus, if they can invent something that blocks Ian Stringers pathetic commentary on Foxes Player I'd happily pay a few hundred extra for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669