Reading Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will win 1 - 0, because every time we need a result to lift the pressure off Levein he does tend to come up trumps.

Plus it has all the hallmarks of a shock, home side unbeaten since first game of season against a side who's manager is under extreme pressure, away win written all over it !

highland fox said:
We may get beat but other than Sheff Utd on Day 1 and Luton at home no team as beaten us by more than single goal so I don't see it being a massacre for Reading.Of course it could be wrong however the optimism may come from the belief that we tend to 'raise' our game against the better sides and we seem to do better against teams who want to beat us rather than not get beaten by us...now wheres those straws I can clutch at.:icon_wink

All that... and it just has all the makings of a so called 'shock' result.

At the end of the day, which is the bigger club, Leicester City or Reading? Why should we be overawed by Reading? Does Reading really have a much better squad than us? There is a myth perpetuated on this web site by some established posters that we have a team of teenagers that needs about 10 years to 'gell'. of course, the squad is younger than Micky's but so is the local residential care home.

As an example of why this is a myth, CL could , in theory, field about 8 or 9 full internationals and the main reason the team is under-achieving is because they are not well managed.

If they go out against Reading and are encouraged to give it a go and if they take the lead keep giving it a go (I would suggest re-calling MDV at the expense of Elvis) there is no reason why the match shouldn't be won.

Redditch Fox said:
All that... and it just has all the makings of a so called 'shock' result.

At the end of the day, which is the bigger club, Leicester City or Reading? Why should we be overawed by Reading? Does Reading really have a much better squad than us? There is a myth perpetuated on this web site by some established posters that we have a team of teenagers that needs about 10 years to 'gell'. of course, the squad is younger than Micky's but so is the local residential care home.

As an example of why this is a myth, CL could , in theory, field about 8 or 9 full internationals and the main reason the team is under-achieving is because they are not well managed.

If they go out against Reading and are encouraged to give it a go and if they take the lead keep giving it a go (I would suggest re-calling MDV at the expense of Elvis) there is no reason why the match shouldn't be won.

Excellent post RF.

I predict them to be 2-0 up at half time we score early in the second half and they win 3-1. This game we wont have a man sent off. :(

Redditch Fox said:

I would agree with the MDV recall.Then.... 'go out there and give em hell'

I'm going to change my prediction, after seeing the weather forecast I predict the game will be postponed around 3 o'clock.

And as long as our fellow strugglers don't catch up with us too much, that won't be a bad thing.

glyn said:
I'm going to change my prediction, after seeing the weather forecast I predict the game will be postponed around 3 o'clock.

And as long as our fellow strugglers don't catch up with us too much, that won't be a bad thing.

The Madjeski Stadium does have under soil heating I believe,besides from the forecast I've seen the snow is confined to the East/South East

are you going to be putting your money where your mouth is h :icon_wink :icon_bigg

Yorkshire Vixen said:
are you going to be putting your money where your mouth is h :icon_wink :icon_bigg

At 6/1 for a City victory I will yes.
See you got a Avatar for Christmas YV :)

According to the Reading OS:

"The game will certainly go ahead, and although the pitch was a little frosty at 10am this morning (pictured above), the undersoil heating will be on and the surface should be fine."

I can see the headline tomorrow.
"Rampant City rock Royals for eight!"

A shock 8-0 win for us tonight, nailed on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669