Real Sociedad Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff said:
How many matches kick off at 6PM on Saturdays?

The way the Sky matches are scheduled (usually at 12:30 and 5:30), you end up having half an hour to get from one ground to the next. So they would have to be VERY local, and it's just not going to happen.
The Sky games on Sunday are usually at 2PM and 4PM, so again no chance of getting to both.
Also I wouldn't count Monday as the weekend!

Alright I was being optimistic but it is common occurance for a groundhopper to take in 3 or 4 games a weekend.

Jeff said:
The best chance of getting in several games over a few games is during bank holidays. Sometimes some teams will have morning kick-offs, others play at 3PM, and others in the evening.

There is that, I here of groundhoppers using FA Cup Weekends as perfect opportunites to taken in 2+ games as many non-leagues would have 1 pm kicks-off on the Saturday and with a later Saturday game at say 5.30 to 6 on the BBC plus the Sunday games being well spread.

Jeff is your ligament allowing you the short journey of going the Marstons?!?

Hazzman said:
Jeff is your ligament allowing you the short journey of going the Marstons?!?

I'll be able to drive there OK, and the walking will be OK if I can park in the car park, can't walk much further than that though at the moment - the main reason I didn't go tonight was because I didn't think I could manage the walk from the car to the ground.
Not sure whether I can stand for a couple of hours tomorrow, so if I do go I'll probably be in the seats.

Didn't think I had.... good decision to stay home tonight. Couldn't have put up with being in Leicester for 2 nights

Jeff said:
I'll be able to drive there OK, and the walking will be OK if I can park in the car park, can't walk much further than that though at the moment - the main reason I didn't go tonight was because I didn't think I could manage the walk from the car to the ground.
Not sure whether I can stand for a couple of hours tomorrow, so if I do go I'll probably be in the seats.

Well Good Luck to you and I shall be there having a tomato cuppa-a-soup and burger.

Report from the OS:

City's penultimate pre-season friendly ended goalless against Real Sociedad at the Walkers Stadium on Friday evening.

City boss Rob Kelly paraded new signings Darren Kenton and Andy Johnson but in front of their own fans for the first time this term, the Foxes were unable to break down their Spanish opponents.

The hosts, unbeaten so far this pre-season, created few clear-cut chances with only really Matty Fryatt and Iain Hume going close but at the same time were solid at the back, marshalled excellently by new club captain Paddy McCarthy.

But it proved to be another useful work-out ahead of their opening Championship clash at Luton Town on Saturday, August 5.

Danny Tiatto almost played in Matty Fryatt within the opening two minutes but Juanito was equal to the task and intercepted the intended pass on the edge of the box.

At the other end, the advancing Garikoitz Uranga headed over the bar after meeting Javier Garrido's left wing cross before Iain Hume fired his low shot wide of the upright.

The Canadian international saw his effort tipped over the crossbar by Asier Riesgo in the 12th minute after a neat through ball by strike partner Fryatt then skipper Paddy McCarthy headed the resulting corner high and wide.

Alvaro Novo was booked for a foul on Stephen Hughes three minutes later.

Paul Henderson saved well at his near post from Inigo Diaz De Cerio on 26 minutes before the Australian brilliantly tipped over Adriano Rossato's inswinging free-kick soon after.

City were handed a let-off in the 35th minute when Mikel Alonso's sweetly-struck volley ricocheted back off the bar and away to safety.

And that was to be the last meaningful action of the first half as the two sides went into the break level at 0-0.

Manager Rob Kelly made two changes at the start of the second half with Conrad Logan replacing Henderson and Gareth Williams coming on for Stephen Hughes.

The Foxes were first to show at the start of the second period as Fryatt almost connected with Richard Stearman's teasing cross from the right.

Fryatt saw his header from Williams' free-kick comfortably saved by Riesgo in the Sociedad goal in the 49th minute as the hosts looked for an early second half opener.

The in-form Elvis Hammond replaced Hume on 62 minutes before Fryatt forced Riesgo into a fine save at his near post three minutes later after outpacing the visitors' defence.

Uranga saw his low drive fly agonisingly wide of the left-hand post in the 72nd minute then Hammond hit the target from 20-yards moments later.

Tiatto made way for Levi Porter on 75 minutes while Logan ushered wide substitute Gerrardo Garcia's free-kick late on.

However, the game fizzled out into a goalless draw.

City: Henderson (Logan 45), Stearman, Kenton, McCarthy ©, Johansson, Maybury, Hughes (Williams 45), Johnson, Tiatto (Porter 75), Hume (Hammond 62), Fryatt. Subs not used: O'Grady, Sylla, McAuley, Low.

Sociedad (Starting XI): Riesgo, Rivas, Gonzalez, Novo, Uranga, Rossato, Cifu, Garrido, Juanito, Alonso, Diaz De Cerio. Subs: Gerardo, Labaka, Kovacevic, Aranburu, Aitor, Ansotegi, Felicio, Prieto, Bravo.

Referee: Uriah Rennie (Sheffield)

Yellow Cards:

City: None

Sociedad: Novo (15)

Attendance: 6,425

I hope 6,425 is a reflection of the opposition not what City fans think of our team! I was at work unfortunately. I am sure we get more at a Div 2 Carling Cup match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566