Real Sociedad Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ricey said:
Did he come out at half time? or did the club ignore him again?

The commentators only noticed him halfway thorugh the 2nd half so unless they weren't paying attention i'd guess he was ignored. Glad to see he is still a 'fan' though, didn't know he went to games.

My view on the game.

An evenly matched game, no one stood out in particular. Logan and Henderson both made a couple of good saves in goal.

Kenton and Johnson were our 2 best players IMO. Fryatt and Hume were quiet, and Maybury was poor.

Hammond was very lively when he came on.

Nothing much really to report on.

Muzzy Izzet is an ex employee of Leicester City. Full Stop

Mike Hunt Smells said:
My view on the game.

An evenly matched game, no one stood out in particular. Logan and Henderson both made a couple of good saves in goal.

Kenton and Johnson were our 2 best players IMO. Fryatt and Hume were quiet, and Maybury was poor.

Sounds familiar, like the majority of our home games last season, I only hope that this seaon is going to be more exciting.

Dull game. Catering crap. Stewards all knob-ends. Hume and Fryatt quiet, but total class in small glimpses. Small old Walkers TBH.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
My view on the game.

What game did you go to? I couldn't disagree more with Kenton who was absolutly shocking. Ok he put one or two tackles in, but in many cases he made major mistakes which in competative football would deffinatly have been punished. I thought he was all over the place.

Special mention to Tiatto - who did nothing all night.

Fox Fan said:
What game did you go to? I couldn't disagree more with Kenton who was absolutly shocking. Ok he put one or two tackles in, but in many cases he made major mistakes which in competative football would deffinatly have been punished. I thought he was all over the place.

Special mention to Tiatto - who did nothing all night.

IMO tiatto was better yesterday than at any time last season, looked mildly useful at times. If his passing/crossing was a bit better he would have had opportunities to set-up Fryatt.

Well I think that was a decent result last night. Worst view I've ever had of the action though.. I was on row B block A2 and the only real action I could see was when the ball came right down to our corner...

The biggest thing of note for me yesterday was that our set pieces seem better than last season. We seem to be making a few chances out of them now and that is important. I just wish we would be a bit more offensive down the flanks...

I think Williams has to start rather than Hughes, I think Conrad Logan didn't really have a great deal to do when he came on but what he did have to do he did well.. and hes got a great kick on him. Henderson I thought played well aswell. I thought Tiatto was ok, a few misplaced passes here and there.. basically I think hes good defensively.. crap offensively =/

I think the backline just needs Kisnorbo bringing in for Kenton and we'll be sorted for a back four there. Midfield, personally I'd like to see more of Sylla on the wing.. if we can get the best out of him I think that would be a better option than having Maybury on the right wing as I think the same of him as I do Tiatto, decent defensively, crap offensively..

What I also really hate is that when defending set pieces, we only leave Fryatt upfront.. I think we should atleast have some ****er hanging around midfield, Fryatt can't be expected to chase down a clearance and take on 2-3 men on a counter-attack =/ otherwise all we are going to do when defending there is hoof it clear and give it straight back the opposition.

Also generally I would like to see us get down the wings and cross from the touchline more, but we don't really seem to have players capable of doing that.. that's probably the biggest thing we lack, someone who will run at people.

Overall I thought it was a good result anyway, people will probably say 'well we can't be expected to beat this kind of opposition' but the reality is if we want to be a premiership side, we are going to have to be able to, and I felt we could have done yesterday if we iron out a few problem areas. Obviously though it's alright saying this but we have to work on a practically non-existant budget..

I'm still going for a mid-table finish as my prediction for the season at the moment...

I don't value elvis much but on his performances and effort he should be in ahead of Hume, just to show the first choice that they might have to work for their place. Havent seen any matches preseason (poor me) but all I've heard is how good elvis has been and how bad hume is

Hard to judge. Sociedad didn't seem to want to make a game of it & were playing very negative stuff most of the time, which made it hard to judge what our lot could do. The defence was mostly OK, though kenton's lack of pace was shown up a couple of times.

AJ was way and above the best player, both for his tackling and providing the few decent immaginative forward passes. Hughes actually made a couple of good tackles early on, but then more or less disappeared, to be replaced by Marshall who completed the job for him - can't remember one positive contribution.

Tiatto I thought played quite well mostly, though didn't do much to get the ball into dangerous places. Hume ran round like a blue a'd f as usual, but to very little effect. Fryatt mostly quiet till late on (after Elvis arrived) when he had a couple of good chances, but was starved of service. Lot's of good little moves started, but broke down through woeful final passes. And who's idea was it for the defence to lob high balls to little Levi when he came on (and couldn't somebody have nipped into the shop to get him some shorts that fitted).

Thought Uriah Rennie reffed well - mixture of harshness to stop the nonsense from Sociedad, with a bit of humour when he was finger wagging at times. Clearly enjoyed a bit of banter with the players. I particularly enjoyed a couple of occasions when he stopped the physios coming on & told the player if they needed treatment to get of the field! When he booked the guy for raising his hands at him after a bad foul you could see he was clearly angry - we reckoned he was about to send him off till he realised it was a friendly. Flourished the yellow card so hard he dropped it. But I reckon he has been trying to start a pie shortage on his own during the close season - his shorts looked fit to split!

Pretty boring overall, and I don't think it told us much except that they need to be a bit more inventive and accurate if they are to deal with the large number of teams who are going to play negative football against them this season.

Nice report OG, although Marshall left about five years ago, which is probably why he didn't make a contribution! ;)

joe501 said:
Nice report OG, although Marshall left about five years ago, which is probably why he didn't make a contribution! ;)

:icon_redf
Williams. Easy mistake to make - the names are so similar after all:icon_bigg

OldGit said:
:icon_redf
Williams. Easy mistake to make - the names are so similar after all:icon_bigg

They both have 8 letters, double L, an M, an A, and an S!

Absolutely.

At least I didn't confuse porter and Weslowski like the programme did.

OldGit said:
At least I didn't confuse porter and Weslowski like the programme did.

how did they get themselves confused, are they not very good at reading? too many long words? :icon_wink

They listed Weslowski as 20, but Porter was wearing 20 when he came on

OldGit said:
They listed Weslowski as 20, but Porter was wearing 20 when he came on

That's because Wesolowski's squad number is 20.......

Logan wore #1 last night even though that is Douglas' number.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
That's because Wesolowski's squad number is 20.......

Logan wore #1 last night even though that is Douglas' number.

What a fecking shambles,can't even put the right numbered shirt on...fecking useless Rabble:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566