Reclaiming PPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingy_85

Anybody know anything about this?

I took a few loans out during my youth (which I'm still paying off now!!).

A company called The Claim Guys contacted me about PPI and sent me their welcome pack.

I realise they charge 30% but I couldn't care less as I don't want the hassle of chasing it myself.

I filled it all in and they have kept me up to date by text. I just received a message to say that the lender has acknowledged my claim.

So what does that mean? I'm in the £££££?

The loans ranged from £500, £800 & £1500 but I don't know which one has been acknowledged.

Anybody have any experience with this before?

I don't know a great deal about claiming PPI back but on those loan values I doubt you were charged a great deal for it in the first place.

Minus your 30% to the company who just got some poor twerp on minimum wage to write them a letter

Money well spent

I called them on my lunch to see if they could explain what exactaly is meant by "the lender has acknowledged the claim" and they said that it basically means they have admitted liability and will investigate. Usually they come back with an offer and the PPI (plus interest) from an £800 loan is usually around £300.

So minus their fee I can't really complain about getting £210 back!

£300 would have been nicer. Depending on the lender one letter may have been enough. Standard letters are freely available on the Internet.

Last edited:
£300 would have been nicer. Depending on the lender one letter may have been enough. Standard letters are freely available on the Internet.

The place to go for all of the advice is moneysavingexpert.com - Martin Lewis knows everything there is to know about it.

Or if you can't be arsed, and never will be, then just let someone else do it for you.

Anybody know anything about this?

I took a few loans out during my youth (which I'm still paying off now!!).

A company called The Claim Guys contacted me about PPI and sent me their welcome pack.

I realise they charge 30% but I couldn't care less as I don't want the hassle of chasing it myself.

I filled it all in and they have kept me up to date by text. I just received a message to say that the lender has acknowledged my claim.

So what does that mean? I'm in the £££££?

The loans ranged from £500, £800 & £1500 but I don't know which one has been acknowledged.

Anybody have any experience with this before?

You should have said something, I would have done it for 29%

and lose a big chunk of the cash because you cant be arsed to send a letter.

And the forms he filled out will have had all the details needed, basically given the company 30% to forward some forms.

I called them on my lunch to see if they could explain what exactaly is meant by "the lender has acknowledged the claim" and they said that it basically means they have admitted liability and will investigate. Usually they come back with an offer and the PPI (plus interest) from an £800 loan is usually around £300.

So minus their fee I can't really complain about getting £210 back!
It's probably 30% plus VAT so it'll be less than that.

As mentioned at least twice I don't have the time or want the worry. So yes I'm happy to pay.

I very much doubt it's as easy as the forums make out... "fill out this form" and then "respond with this letter". Every case is different and although most probably do follow the same route there have been times when a technical hitch of legal loop hole has been thrown in. So for me, to know that there are proffesional people dealing with it is fine by me.

As mentioned at least twice I don't have the time or want the worry. So yes I'm happy to pay.

I very much doubt it's as easy as the forums make out... "fill out this form" and then "respond with this letter". Every case is different and although most probably do follow the same route there have been times when a technical hitch of legal loop hole has been thrown in. So for me, to know that there are proffesional people dealing with it is fine by me.

Haha, you bought the sales pitch and gave a bunch of cash to some carpet baggers. I have some snake oil if you want it.

Shame on you Kingy for doing something in a different way to someone else. Ya div.

Haha, you bought the sales pitch and gave a bunch of cash to some carpet baggers. I have some snake oil if you want it.

No not really. Just couldn't be bothered with the hassle, checked out a few forums for PPI and called them back with the loan details.

Boom - £££

The thread was never created to debate what Tom,Dick & Biffa would do in this situation it was created to see if anybody knew the process past where I am today.... although I saw it coming as there were several responses like these littered across those forums as well.

"And if all else fails and the accused actually comes back with a meaningful response we shall attack his punctuation"

The Pedant Bible page 5 chapter 16.

I think you're looking at the wrong chapter matey, that only applies to meaningful responses and I haven't mentioned your punctuation

"And if all else fails and the accused actually comes back with a meaningful response we shall attack his punctuation"

The Pedant Bible page 5 chapter 16.

Chapters 1-15 must be a bit short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673