Referee

Status
Not open for further replies.

step

I can except that every now and again a referee will make a bad call that has a major effect on the final result in a match. But, overall we should have the odd decision go in our favor which over a period of time will even out.

But it is becoming blatantly obvious that the referee’s are determined that all decisions are going to go against us.

One or two major decisions against us, is normal for any team. When that increases to 3 or 4 matches it starts to look like a conspiracy. But when the decisions against us start to exceed five matches, serious questions need to be asked about the integrity of the referee’s association and their motives.

I think the BOD should get someone to analyse the match videos, investigate the refs’ motives and

SUE THE BARSTERDS

I don't think we have had decisions against us.

Against Wigan McCarthy and Tiatto were both lucky not to be sent off.

At Brighton we got a dubious penalty and they had a few claims that weren't given.

Maybe we are still being punished for going into administration....

Got to admit webbo, decision havent goen our way this or last year overall. Just recently the ref has been playing as big a part as the players as to what the final score would be.

We don't get decisions going against us any more than other teams do,sadly it is the fact that we are shite that makes us draw matches we should be winning...easily.

Lboro fox said:
Just recently the ref has been playing as big a part as the players as to what the final score would be.

Can you give examples of game changing decisions the ref has made?

I don't think the ref influenced the result yesterday. The Dabizas red card may have been harsh - but he also let our players get away with other stuff (for example Nalis could have been booked at least twice for kicking the ball away more blatantly than the ones that got Hughes sent off, but he didn't get a card.).
Do you really think we'd have scored in the last 10 minutes if Dabizas had stayed on?
People have moaned about an offside decision that was given, but the linesman got it right, I was dead inline with it, and the people who think it wasn't offside don't understand the laws of the game.
I can't think of a decision that changed the course of the game.

Looking back at Wigan, people claimed we should have had a penalty (when we were already two down), but apparently the TV replay showed their player played the ball (something I heard Maybury say on the radio yesterday). Two of our players were lucky not to be sent off. So I don't think the ref influenced that result.

At Brighton if anything the Brighton fans had more to complain about than us.

So in the last three games I don't think the ref has made decisions that have cost us points.

ask fans from every club in the country and you'll hear tales of woe about how the all the refs are against their team. but hang on...surely not every ref can be against every team!

SamJ

Against Cardiff, obviously dabizas shoudlnt have gone, but other than that i though the ref was ok.

Against wigan i wouldnt say effected the result as such as they played so much better than us. The penalty was a tough one, he did get a touch of the ball but took a lot of de vries first, i then watched the man utd match the next day and they got many free kicks for identical incidents. I know everyone is saying our players could have been sent off, but mccarthys challenges were more clumsy than anything, tiatto could have gone, but then Roberts for them was let off with many 'heavy challenges, pulls, pushes etc. Also throughout that game it started to appear that we were not going to get any deicsions there were long periods were there was one bizarre decision after another.

Cant comment on the brighton game as i didnt go, only that the players and CL said it was a blatant handball, and the brighton didnt seem to moan much. With hughes sending off, was harsh, but within the rules of the game, it has been said by many that the brighton players were allowed to do similar things and get away with it.

The ref for Wolves was an absolute disgrace, it didnt matter what the incident was the arm went one way only. Terrible performance.

When you're desperate, blame the ref

Nothing to do with the fact that we are shit, or anything ?

homer said:
When you're desperate, blame the ref

Nothing to do with the fact that we are shit, or anything ?

I did try to point out when i thought we were shite anyway, against wolves i thought we battled against the ref's decisions and got in front. It was at that point it all went wrong.

We have had a shit load of penalties recently - if this is shit refereeing then long may it continue! Dabizas is crap anyway.

Joe_Fox said:
We have had a shit load of penalties recently - if this is shit refereeing then long may it continue! Dabizas is crap anyway.

Along with Dublin, Dabizas has been our best defender this season.

DurhamFox said:
Joe_Fox said:

Your point? All I said was that he is crap. He still is crap.

DurhamFox said:
Joe_Fox said:

Definitely

I thought Keown put in the most consistent array of performances.

webmaster said:
Joe_Fox said:
I thought Keown put in the most consistent array of performances.

Presumably he played in both matches you've been to this season.

No, but he did play well against Rotherham away.

(and I've been to more than 2 matches!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670