Referee

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

I've beem impressed with McCarthy when he plays Centre Half,don't think it's fair to judge him on his Right Back performances.I just think Dabizas and Dublin together are vulnerable to any Forward with pace.

highland fox

If you need help with the quote function LS then just let me know ;-)

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
webmaster said:
People have moaned about an offside decision that was given, but the linesman got it right, I was dead inline with it, and the people who think it wasn't offside don't understand the laws of the game.

I was almost in line with this and I thought that the linesman got it wrong. It seemed to me that it was a defender who played the ball back, just as it was in the earlier game.

I think I do understand law relating to offside - and I *definitely* know how an assistant referee should correctly signal a goal-kick (something that was apparently beyond this particular official).

On the wider issue, I don't think any of the officials have had it in for us and I don't think any result has been changed by any single decision. If we want to stop picking up so many yellow cards, our players have got to stop acting like thugs.

Boc

homer

highland fox said:
I've beem impressed with McCarthy when he plays Centre Half,don't think it's fair to judge him on his Right Back performances.I just think Dabizas and Dublin together are vulnerable to any Forward with pace.

McCarthy played at centre half last night and was absolutely completely and utterly feckin awful. He made Dabizas look like a footballing genius

But no one is going on about the fact that he is shit, doesn't care about the club and should be booted out as soon as possible, are they ?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
highland fox said:

I don't think it is me who is making the mistake. I have also been trying to post an image to another thread and the BB tags are not working for me.

Boc

webmaster

bocadillo said:
I was almost in line with this and I thought that the linesman got it wrong. It seemed to me that it was a defender who played the ball back, just as it was in the earlier game.

No, it was our player who played the ball (badly) towards Connolly. Their defender got in the way of it, and turned it into a better ball. But when our player (Tiatto?) played the original ball,Connolly was definitely offside, and he can't claim he wasn't interfering with play.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
homer said:
highland fox said:

McCarthy played at centre half last night and was absolutely completely and utterly feckin awful. He made Dabizas look like a footballing genius

But no one is going on about the fact that he is shit, doesn't care about the club and should be booted out as soon as possible, are they ?

No they are aiming it all at Deep Freeze :roll:

highland fox

Calm down Homer you'll bring your Angina on.It's all about opinions you rate Dabizas some of us don't,some of us rate McCarthy you don't....now take one of your Calmers with your Camomile Tea

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
webmaster said:
No, it was our player who played the ball (badly) towards Connolly. Their defender got in the way of it, and turned it into a better ball. But when our player (Tiatto?) played the original ball,Connolly was definitely offside, and he can't claim he wasn't interfering with play.

Not the way I saw it, but I would defend the right that both you and the assistant referee have to get things wrong occasionally.
;-)

I note that you didn't comment on his inability to correctly signal a goal-kick.

Boc

highland fox

bocadillo said:
highland fox said:

I don't think it is me who is making the mistake. I have also been trying to post an image to another thread and the BB tags are not working for me.

Boc

:? It was aimed at LS6

Joe_Fox

Webbo, will you be running a summer school for these planks?

webmaster

bocadillo said:
webmaster said:

Not the way I saw it, but I would defend the right that both you and the assistant referee have to get things wrong occasionally.
;-)

The ball was played in from near the left touchline, which was my side of the ground. As soon as the ball was played I thought the linesman would signal offside if it went anywhere near Connolly.

A lot of people moan about linesmen making late decisions, but because of the way the offside law is interpreted these days they often have to delay making a decision until they know where the ball has gone. So that somethimes makes it look like the linesman is giving offside for something that's not offside, when in fact he's making a decision for something that happened a few seconds earlier.

I note that you didn't comment on his inability to correctly signal a goal-kick.

Hardly a match changing thing!

Anyway, what did you make of the use of the sprinklers at half time on Saturday?

Joe_Fox

Yorkshire Vixen said:
will you be enrolling..

only if you are. :smt007

homer

webmaster said:
bocadillo said:
webmaster said:

;-)

The ball was played in from near the left touchline, which was my side of the ground. As soon as the ball was played I thought the linesman would signal offside if it went anywhere near Connolly.

A lot of people moan about linesmen making late decisions, but because of the way the offside law is interpreted these days they often have to delay making a decision until they know where the ball has gone. So that somethimes makes it look like the linesman is giving offside for something that's not offside, when in fact he's making a decision for something that happened a few seconds earlier.

Hardly a match changing thing!

Anyway, what did you make of the use of the sprinklers at half time on Saturday?

I thought you deserved to get arrested, you dirty sod

Yorkshire Vixen

are you trying to say im a plank? and for the record, yes im saying you are one

Joe_Fox

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690