Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

Rumoured on 606 to be:

James Benning
Joel Pope
Dan Masters
Andrew Harris

And also not offered a contract... Paul Nixon.

Very disappointed with JB & PN to be honest.

JB has proven he can score quick runs, bowl economically & take wickets (which Wayne White can't do either - last game v Surrey 0-75 from 11 overs!).

Nixon has always proved what a fighter he is and his 100 vs Surrey the other day just proves that. He is still the fittest bloke at the club & its sad the club are treating him this way. With Pope apparently leaving then PN would be the obvious back up keeper.

Hope we have some big plans for recruitment this winter although some how I doubt it!

Rumoured on 606 to be:

James Benning
Joel Pope
Dan Masters
Andrew Harris

And also not offered a contract... Paul Nixon.

Very disappointed with JB & PN to be honest.

JB has proven he can score quick runs, bowl economically & take wickets (which Wayne White can't do either - last game v Surrey 0-75 from 11 overs!).

Nixon has always proved what a fighter he is and his 100 vs Surrey the other day just proves that. He is still the fittest bloke at the club & its sad the club are treating him this way. With Pope apparently leaving then PN would be the obvious back up keeper.

Hope we have some big plans for recruitment this winter although some how I doubt it!

I think that the Nixon one is quite difficult.

If you picked the best 11 players on the books there is no doubt that Nixon would be amongst them.

But this is what happens to cricketers at some point - the age issue is put first and they get deft out like it or not.

I assume that they will try to bring in another keeper this winter. I think New has kept quite well - but does he score enough runs? I think that Pope was the most gifted keeper on the books - but on the rare occasions he had a chance he failed to seize it, and generally his batting is somewhat loose. so it was a no brainer that he was going to be released.

Adshead will probably be the limit of our ambitions. I too am disappointed about benning, although not surprised. He hasn't been treated consistently in selection but also hasn't scored massive runs like he used to for surrey. Think Nixon deserved another year given his batting, we will do well to attract someone to score 800runs

I know that this is knee jerk, but as a pedantic, fickle cricket fanatic, that is my prerogative I feel.

LCCC has been run appalling in terms of player acquisition/retention in recent years. I realise its difficult with limited funds etc but something isn't right...

If Nixon doesn't get offered a decent role, I'll be gutted. He has shown this year that he still has something to offer with the bat and while I've not seen any of his glovework this year (he didn't do much did he?) I'd imagine he's still there or thereabouts with that.

I can't believe in the state we're in, we're considering throwing Nixon on the scrapheap.

I know that this is knee jerk, but as a pedantic, fickle cricket fanatic, that is my prerogative I feel.

LCCC has been run appalling in terms of player acquisition/retention in recent years. I realise its difficult with limited funds etc but something isn't right...

If Nixon doesn't get offered a decent role, I'll be gutted. He has shown this year that he still has something to offer with the bat and while I've not seen any of his glovework this year (he didn't do much did he?) I'd imagine he's still there or thereabouts with that.

I can't believe in the state we're in, we're considering throwing Nixon on the scrapheap.

I hear that we may have already signed Adshead.

I also have heard it suggested that Nixon has/ may be/ could be offered a reduced contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566