relegation rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider

so weve gone from a mid table team with no real worried to a team facing relegation who cant score

and we cant/wont criticise because?

great signings, wont be so good if we have to travel to colchester and chesterfield

we need to sort it out

im just pissed off and ranting

The Voice From Above said:
we need you back in goal Spider....

:eek: No we don't. :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Spider said:
great signings, wont be so good if we have to travel to colchester and chesterfield

I don't think we'll go down - and I don't want us to.

But it won't be the end of the world if we do - and it will make life more interesting for regular away fans who'd have loads of different places to go to.

we are NOT repeat NOT going down and i can say that with total confidence ,we we shall regroup close season and be a force next year.

crikey lazzer, hope you are right, think we have 6 home games out of the final 9 games - that is not good, but if you say we will be fine then who am i to argue with :roll: :D

webmaster said:
Spider said:

But it won't be the end of the world if we do - and it will make life more interesting for regular away fans who'd have loads of different places to go to.

I find the above as amazing a contribution as your assertion well into this season that we would have little difficulty getting into the play-offs.

I will offer you some facts:

1. We have a poor squad that not surprisingly plays dire football. This squad was extremely badly managed and CL was bound to have difficulty sorting things out.

2. Any thought of such a squad achieving promotion was absurd. Squads with no strikers do not generally achieve much!

3. It would be catastrophic if we were relegated because the only place to be is in the Premiership or at worst playing for a place in it. Lower divisions mean decay and in the present economic state of football possibly terminal decay.

4. Fortunately, the chances of us getting relegated are very slim because of the balance of home fixtures some of which involve playing teams with little to get excited about.

webmaster said:
Spider said:

that was a joke right ? :D

webmaster said:
Spider said:

Are you for real Webbo?

oh he is real alright just ask the milfs at tesco's after he's queued up sixteen times with 16 mr kipling individual pies :D

DurhamFox said:
webmaster said:
Spider said:

Are you for real Webbo?

Football's not just about winning!

There are 92 teams in the league, they can't all be in the Premiership.

I wouldn't mind a season in league one, as long as it was just the one, and we came straight back up.
But as I said, I don't want it to happen, and I don't think it will happen. It just won't be the end of the world if it does.

webmaster said:
DurhamFox said:
webmaster said:
Spider said:

Are you for real Webbo?

I wouldn't mind a season in league one, as long as it was just the one, and we came straight back up.
But as I said, I don't want it to happen, and I don't think it will happen. It just won't be the end of the world if it does.

I must say Jeff I find that a very strange outlook.

webmaster said:

see where you're coming from webbo, may make us appreciate the better times too. we don't have a divine right to stay up.
2 points away from relegation....:eek: :eek:
crybaby.gif

Redditch Fox said:
webmaster said:
Spider said:

I find the above as amazing a contribution as your assertion well into this season that we would have little difficulty getting into the play-offs.

I will offer you some facts:

1. We have a poor squad that not surprisingly plays dire football. This squad was extremely badly managed and CL was bound to have difficulty sorting things out.

2. Any thought of such a squad achieving promotion was absurd. Squads with no strikers do not generally achieve much!

We don't have a poor squad. We have a decent squad that hasn't played anywhere near their potential this season. If they had played to their potential, we should have had no difficulty getting to the play offs.

Connolly and Dublin are proven goalscorers. They just haven't done it this season.
A midfield of Tiatto, Joey, Williams and Gillespie is more than a match for most in this division, when they play at their best.
Our defence isn't great - but only seven teams in our division have conceded less goals than us this season.

Before nearly every match we play our opposing manager says with the players we've got we should be challenging for promotion. They're right, we should. But the inept tactics and motivation of our previous manager meant that didn't happen. I hoped the new manager coming in would have a 'honeymoon' period and the players would suddenly start playing at 100%. That didn't happen, but at least we are playing some good football now, and I'm enjoying it a lot more than when MA was in charge.

3. It would be catastrophic if we were relegated because the only place to be is in the Premiership or at worst playing for a place in it. Lower divisions mean decay and in the present economic state of football possibly terminal decay.

It wouldn't be catastrophic. Are you saying the supporters of the 48 teams in the bottom two divisions are wasting their time and should be supporting a Premiership team instead?
I met some Sheff Wednesday fans on the train on the way home from a match a couple of weeks ago, and they were thoroughly enjoying going to new places.
Maybe if we went down the glory hunting fans wouldn't go to games any more, but the die hard Leicester fans would.

4. Fortunately, the chances of us getting relegated are very slim because of the balance of home fixtures some of which involve playing teams with little to get excited about.

Don't understnad what you mean about the balance of home fixtures. Our home results have been no better than our away results. And if supporters are starting to get anxious about possible relegation and they transmit this to the players, we'll probably be better off playing away.

webmaster said:
DurhamFox said:
webmaster said:
Spider said:

Are you for real Webbo?

Well, football is all about winning!

You were one of the posters who had unrealistic expectations earlier in the season. I was one of the few who thought we should not expect much this season.

However, nevermind the MON over-achievement era - this club is drastically under-achieving now -given its support, its stadium and the advantage of the parachoute money and the well-worked administration process.

The reality is that the last three managers made a right dog's dinner of the playing side and the management/ board generally dissipated the club's strength through ridiculous release clauses.

We have had a decent little cup run - although it only involved one impressive display - and I don't think there is any serious threat of relegation but don't tell me that it would be anything but catastrophic for the re-building work of CL -who looks to be a sensible and competent bloke who has got to undo the work of three bad managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669