Request for the Foxes Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spionfox - which stand was this taken in ?

The picture was taken from SK4 in the South Stand

Appear to be all around the ground.

They were all along the East Stand

From where I was I saw them all along the South Stand, the West Stand (at least to the tunel) and the East Stand. My eyesight isn't good enough to confirm if they were in the North Stand.

My request to the Foxes Trust isn't frivolous. I know it is only a little chain and not a fence or anything like that but nonetheless it is totally unnecessary and potentially dangerous. In this crazy H&S culture surely at the very least there ought to be a more visible indication of the chain for the partially sighted and removal instructions for access in the event of a problem.

If the clubs H&S team have approved this in its current form then that is outrageous.

I really don't understand the need for these, we don't have problems with encroachment at City and I can't remember the last time a supporter went on the pitch.

What's the fuss - they're obviously just preparing for the end of season pitch invasion when we get promoted.

What's the fuss - they're obviously just preparing for the end of season pitch invasion when we get promoted.

In the event of an emergency you have a chain blocking your way, which is not easily visible. I'd imagine it would be a bit of a problem.

In the event of an emergency you have a chain blocking your way, which is not easily visible. I'd imagine it would be a bit of a problem.

You also have a steward manning the chain, who I'm sure could unhook it. And spion's getting us all chain removal instructions as part of our H&S briefing at the take-off of each match.

That said, it still looks like a fairly pointless installation.

Oh, and I was being sarcastic in my first post btw...

You also have a steward manning the chain, who I'm sure could unhook it.

Funnily (or not funnily actually) enough the young steward on the photo did have a couple of problems removing the chain at half time.

That said, it still looks like a fairly pointless installation.

It is. And it is potentially dangerous.

Steward by us struggled to get it undone when someone wanted to leave in the first half, so he took the intelligent option to leave it off. Crass idea.

Thanks for the confirmation posts of where they have been located around the ground.

We will be raising this with the club & at the same time are checking with the FSF to see if there has been any reports of chains appearing at any other clubs grounds

Makes me laugh, did they think we might have a pitch invasion because we were top of the league for half a game?

We couldn't even muster one when we won promotion back to the Premier under Mickeh.

Makes me laugh, did they think we might have a pitch invasion because we were top of the league for half a game?

We couldn't even muster one when we won promotion back to the Premier under Mickeh.

We were sensible not to do so really. As out stint in administration made us very unpopular it wouldn't be beyond belief for the club to have been punished with a points deduction for not controlling our fans.

We were sensible not to do so really. As out stint in administration made us very unpopular it wouldn't be beyond belief for the club to have been punished with a points deduction for not controlling our fans.

Despite every other club through the leagues who won promotion having a pitch invasion?

Because the powers that be are so consistent regarding punishment?

I agree, however It would be very difficult to dish punishment out for something like this to only one club.

Reply from the club as follows:

"These chains were fitted after consulting the Safety Advisory Group. The items were fitted as a deterrent to pitch incursion. They are controlled by Safety Staff and have quick release hooks"

:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670