Reserves tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leigh said:
We lost 2-1, Elliott managed 45 minutes, Heath was our scorer.

I know it's only the Stiffs but even they're losing too often. Isn't it time we started to develop a win mentality throughout the club? Is the whole place just getting too cosy (familiarity breeds contempt and all that) or are the players so seduced by the Premiership standard surroundings that most kid themselves that they're a damn sight better than they actually are?

spot on Tony, if, indeed, they care at all..

Tony Elsby said:
Leigh said:

I know it's only the Stiffs but even they're losing too often. Isn't it time we started to develop a win mentality throughout the club? Is the whole place just getting too cosy (familiarity breeds contempt and all that) or are the players so seduced by the Premiership standard surroundings that most kid themselves that they're a damn sight better than they actually are?

A club going absolutely nowhere.

This isn't to say that MA should go now because as has been analysed to death on this forum - there may be more harm than good in a change in haste.

But if this season has to be written off it at least gives an opportunity for the club to make some soundings about bringing in new leadership for 2005/6.

Redditch Fox said:
Tony Elsby said:
Leigh said:

This isn't to say that MA should go now because as has been analysed to death on this forum - there may be more harm than good in a change in haste.

But if this season has to be written off it at least gives an opportunity for the club to make some soundings about bringing in new leadership for 2005/6.

Why are we writing this season off exactly...?????

RichMC24 said:
Redditch Fox said:
Tony Elsby said:
Leigh said:

Well it's something to do with:

- we've been performing badly since May 2003;
- almost all the half-decent players want to leave the club as soon as have worked out lucrative contracts or have an escape loophole -i.e. they don't seem to want to play for this management;
- we've brought in a load of players who are inferior to those they replaced or they are the wrong mix or the manager can't motivate them;
- we have a management/ coaching team that seemingly lack any tactical awareness;
- the players are without discipline on and off the field;
- the manager makes repeat mistakes in terms of selection and use of substitutes.

does that help you?

apart from that things are fine!

Redditch Fox said:
RichMC24 said:
Redditch Fox said:
Tony Elsby said:
Leigh said:

- almost all the half-decent players want to leave the club as soon as have worked out lucrative contracts or have an escape loophole -i.e. they don't seem to want to play for this management;
- we've brought in a load of players who are inferior to those they replaced or they are the wrong mix or the manager can't motivate them;
- we have a management/ coaching team that seemingly lack any tactical awareness;
- the manager makes repeat mistakes in terms of selection and use of substitutes.

does that help you?

I can't really agree with you on this at all.

- During our year in the Premiership, I think that generally the performances were excellent. What went wrong was the performances in the last 5-10 minutes of the game whereby we threw away mid table safety for relegation. I don't think you can fault the performances really, just the results. Most of the games were highly entertaining. We were free scoring and although we conceeded a lot, we were a good value team.

- Your second 2 points, I'll address as one as they are linked. Micky achieved a minor miracle putting together that squad for the Premiership. He brought in a dozen players pre season with his tactic being, 'They have experience at this level and have something to prove'
He had to agree to relegation release clauses in order to get these players in.
As we have been relegated, other clubs have come in and picked off a lot of our players, as most were quality players who actually had a good season. It was just collectively, we were not quite good enough to stay up.
As players, most are approaching the end of their careers and so have to consider their own ambitions and families. This being the case, when a Prem club comes in, there's no real competition.
Anyway, given that Micky had no real choice about losing these players - he got on with the job and again managed to sign a bunch of players who he saw fit for this division.
By definition, they are not gonna be the same calibre as he has a more limited budget and less draw being in the fizzy.

Neverless, he assembled a good squad, which on paper had us down as pre season favourites. Not surprisingly, these players have needed, and will need a bit of time to get it right on the pitch.

No doubt, some of the signings will turn out badly and some will be better. I have no doubt that Micky will soon weed out the bad and replace them just as he did last season.

- Tactics and coaching, subs etc..... It's all about opinion isn't it. At the end of the day, Micky knows far more about the players than you do.
I remember Derby away, when he made 3 subs all in one go when we were under the cosh at 1-1, I thought 'Oh dear! that's buggered that up - what the hell is he doing???' Result! Trev bags and we win. What the hell did I know?

- Discipline - This appears to be a problem at a lot of football clubs. I don't think it applies just to LCFC. Players have a much bigger say these days.

Maybe incidents like Dion's and Jordan's sending off is an example of just how much the players really do care about the club they are playing for. Misplaced it may be, but let's not accuse them off lacking in fight and spirit.

Just My Opinion

8)

RichMC24 said:
Redditch Fox said:
RichMC24 said:
Redditch Fox said:
Tony Elsby said:
Leigh said:

does that help you?

I can't really agree with you on this at all.

- During our year in the Premiership, I think that generally the performances were excellent. What went wrong was the performances in the last 5-10 minutes of the game whereby we threw away mid table safety for relegation. I don't think you can fault the performances really, just the results. Most of the games were highly entertaining. We were free scoring and although we conceeded a lot, we were a good value team.

- Your second 2 points, I'll address as one as they are linked. Micky achieved a minor miracle putting together that squad for the Premiership. He brought in a dozen players pre season with his tactic being, 'They have experience at this level and have something to prove'
He had to agree to relegation release clauses in order to get these players in.
As we have been relegated, other clubs have come in and picked off a lot of our players, as most were quality players who actually had a good season. It was just collectively, we were not quite good enough to stay up.
As players, most are approaching the end of their careers and so have to consider their own ambitions and families. This being the case, when a Prem club comes in, there's no real competition.
Anyway, given that Micky had no real choice about losing these players - he got on with the job and again managed to sign a bunch of players who he saw fit for this division.
By definition, they are not gonna be the same calibre as he has a more limited budget and less draw being in the fizzy.

Neverless, he assembled a good squad, which on paper had us down as pre season favourites. Not surprisingly, these players have needed, and will need a bit of time to get it right on the pitch.

No doubt, some of the signings will turn out badly and some will be better. I have no doubt that Micky will soon weed out the bad and replace them just as he did last season.

- Tactics and coaching, subs etc..... It's all about opinion isn't it. At the end of the day, Micky knows far more about the players than you do.
I remember Derby away, when he made 3 subs all in one go when we were under the cosh at 1-1, I thought 'Oh dear! that's buggered that up - what the hell is he doing???' Result! Trev bags and we win. What the hell did I know?

- Discipline - This appears to be a problem at a lot of football clubs. I don't think it applies just to LCFC. Players have a much bigger say these days.

Maybe incidents like Dion's and Jordan's sending off is an example of just how much the players really do care about the club they are playing for. Misplaced it may be, but let's not accuse them off lacking in fight and spirit.

Just My Opinion

8)

Thanks for that - fair enough - I recognise that its all about opinions and let's hope that you are right & I am wrong.

All this negativity is getting me down. We have just taken 7 points from the last 9 which is promotion form and still the ghouls are whining about the team.

So what if the reserve team lost, it really doesn't matter. The reserves league is not important although the reserves do allow injured, unfit or out of practice players to get back into the swing of things.

They are essentially practice matches so who cares if they win, lose or draw?

It'd be better if they won so that their confidence improved but if they have individually put in a good performance this should occur anyway.

Hello....just registered so its a first posting, I have wasted a lot of time trying to come up with a witty name...and have failed at that one.

How did Elliott look in the game last night?

beltonfox said:
Hello....just registered so its a first posting, I have wasted a lot of time trying to come up with a witty name...and have failed at that one.

God knows. Are your trousers too big for you? :lol:

beltonfox said:

Welcome belton.

Joe_Fox said:
beltonfox said:

beltonfox said:
Thank you Billy Boy.......and classic comment on the trousers, they are definitely secure.

Belton, I think I have been done a dis-service here, please look again. Thanks.

Joe_Fox said:
Joe_Fox said:
beltonfox said:

beltonfox said:
Thank you Billy Boy.......and classic comment on the trousers, they are definitely secure.

Oh stop wingeing JF. :wink:

Billy Boy said:
Joe_Fox said:
Joe_Fox said:
beltonfox said:

beltonfox said:

Oh stop wingeing JF. :wink:

You can have that one then Billy Boy, you need it! :lol: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572