reserves tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? What's it say?

nothing yet, im glad im staying away from the lcfc forum as much as possible its ****in madness.

why was it at the walkers and not tinckley?

Foxes Survive Late Saddlers Rally
Posted on: Mon 12 Nov 2007

Leicester City's second string made hard work of Walsall as they ran out 4-3 winners at the Walkers Stadium on Monday evening.

The Foxes had a four goal advantage with twenty minutes remaining but three quick goals put the home side under pressure in the closing stages.

City took the lead in the second minute; a sliding tackle from Jonathon Hayes fell to Eric Odhiambo who was able to find the bottom corner of the net with a low shot from 25 yards.

The home side make the most of a counter attack on 23 minutes to double their advantage.

Paul Henderson saved well at the feet of Joao Batista Mawete before Sergio Hellings picked out Ricky Sappleton who avoided the Saddler's offside trap to slot the ball home.

Eric Odhiambo grabbed his second goal of the evening on 43 minutes. Ashley Chambers forced his way into the box from the left and saw his shot rebound off the inside of the post but Odhiambo was on hand to fire the ball into the Walsall goal and make it 3-0 at the break.

The Foxes began the second half where they left off; Chambers again came close dragging a left foot shot wide before Jonathon Hayes bobbled the ball past Walsall goalkeeper Joel Skeldon to put Leicester four up.

But the visitors forced their way back into the game on 71 minutes when a David McDermott corner was met by an unmarked Ian Roper who headed past Paul Henderson.

City were on the back foot again on 82 minutes when a low cross from Troy Deeney allowed substitute Alan Wilkes to score from inside the penalty area.

The visitors pulled a third goal back two minutes later. Alex Nicholls found space to run at the defence and his shot was squeezed into the net to reduce City's lead to a single goal.

The home side rode their luck in the dying moments as a header from Alan Wilkes was narrowly tipped over by Paul Henderson.

Despite the late rally, Leicester managed to hold on and secure all three points in the Pontin's Central League.

The Foxes return to Pontin's League action on Wednesday, 28th November when Huddersfield Town are the visitors to the Marston's Stadium.

City: Henderson, Kaebi, Cox, Hellings (Burns 45), Garner, Rowe-Turner, Odhiambo, Hayes (Kee 70), Sappleton, McKay (Chambers A 29), Djeziri.
Unused Subs: Pentney, Cobb.

I notice our Reserves seem to have no trouble scoring goals but their defence is crap. The First team couldn't score from a cheap hooker but have a defence tighter than a herring's rectum. Maybe we should swap things around a bit??? :icon_conf

Sounds like Hayes did enough to warrant a fist team call up.

Oh, sorry He's a midfield player. No chance.

I'd like to see him on the left wing and Kaebi (my apologies for mentioning him) on the right wing with Sappleton making an appearance at some stage. Sappleton reminds me of a young Heskey. :)

In the interests of public decency I'll get in first.

Edit: First team

I know Kaebi has enough dedicated to him to last a lifetime, but if he is going to adapt to English football and be the superstar MM said he would then surely he needs to play in his preferred position for the reserves. He keeps starting at left back when he has played his entire career at right back or right wing? It just seems odd to me!!

In the interests of public decency I'll get in first.

Edit: First team

I did notice but resisted the urge to make a comment. :icon_wink

nothing yet but you know that we only won because of our iranian wonder kid who should surely be in the first team;)

I suggest you shut up until you have seen him play. I went last night and again he played well and out of position on the left. WTF they dont play him in his proper position is beyond me. The lad Garner was our weak link last night, despite being tall and in central defense he has an awful lot to learn.
Hellings was poor and came off at half time.
But Kaebi, Sappleton and Hayes should be in the first team

I suggest you shut up until you have seen him play. I went last night and again he played well and out of position on the left. WTF they dont play him in his proper position is beyond me. The lad Garner was our weak link last night, despite being tall and in central defense he has an awful lot to learn.

Ive been saying that for ages now :038::038::038:

Not often you bring us a little ray of sunshine BG!

But as it was posted in plain English no-one will believe you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669