Restaurant Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

I've foolishly decided to spring a bit of a surprise on the wife this weekend. We're all booked up in a hotel tomorrow night and I'm now struggling like mad to find somewhere to eat. We're staying in Leicester city centre. I'll eat anything, however the wife is a bit of a fussy fecker.

I quite like 1573, however it's fully booked. I've tried San Carlo's, they can only get us in at 9.15pm. I don't fancy ending up in somewhere like Nando's, Pizza Hut or McDonalds.

Having lived in Nottingham now for the last 13 years, it's very rare for me to be in Leicester. So what can the good people of TB recommend? I know it's the time of the year where places will get booked up for Xmas parties etc so throw plenty of options at me.

Wills Bar (formerly Vacity) does some really nice food, it's not cheap pub grub.

Maison du Maniaque Bleu, which is basically just a house with a faux-French name that I just made up. Only thing on the menu is scrambled egg on toast. Oh and there's bacon.

Taps is apparently quite nice, otherwise coast to coast or turtle bay are apparently excellent but likely to be booked up

Heard nothing but bad reviews about Coast to Coast. I've managed to get in Carluccios. Hopefully it'll be ok.

The boot room?

Colourworks?

Oh you already booked a chain ;)

coast to coast or turtle bay are apparently excellent but likely to be booked up

Awful overpriced, overhyped junk. I'd seriously question anyones taste that claim they're excellent!

Casa Romana?

I was thinking about finding somewhere Xmas day as I'm on my own. I have a brother in Leicester but he may go to his inlaws or have them over. He could also ask me a day or so before which makes my decision harder. Not too fussed anyway. Get a bit of buffet stuuf and I'll be OK. Its only one day.

I was thinking about finding somewhere Xmas day as I'm on my own. I have a brother in Leicester but he may go to his inlaws or have them over. He could also ask me a day or so before which makes my decision harder. Not too fussed anyway. Get a bit of buffet stuuf and I'll be OK. Its only one day.

I'll pull a cracker for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670