Reuben Reid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know absolutely nothing about him.

However would like someone with more of a proven track record (18 goals in 41 games at League 1 doesn't inspire me that he'd make the step up). However maybe he's the best we can get...

Would be a good signing, he has a lot of pace whenever I have seen him play and has a good eye for goal. I hope there is some truth in this.

It's quite strange really, you seem to have watched many lower league players at some point, or at least all the ones we are linked with.

Do I believe you? Do I ****.

I know absolutely nothing about him.

However would like someone with more of a proven track record (18 goals in 41 games at League 1 doesn't inspire me that he'd make the step up). However maybe he's the best we can get...

League 2 Graz, league 2, but ask Harbs, he seems to have seen a shit load of League 2 games involving all kinds of players.

It's quite strange really, you seem to have watched many lower league players at some point, or at least all the ones we are linked with.

Do I believe you? Do I ****.

Oh yeah Jackson and Reid that's many lower league players !!

And I watch the football league review most weeks so I get to see the players on there.

Oh yeah Jackson and Reid that's many lower league players !!

And I watch the football league review most weeks so I get to see the players on there.

So because you saw a 30 second glimpse of these players, is sufficient to make a judgement about them being a possible signing?

Do you think Steve Walsh and Nigel Pearson just watch George Gavin on a Monday evening, and then phone each other up to say 'Oh XXXX was good weren't he'

:icon_roll

Last edited:
So because you saw a 30 second glimpse of these players, is sufficient to make a judgement about them being a possible signing?

Do you think Steve Walsh and Nigel Pearson just watch George Gavin on a Monday evening, and then phone each other up to say 'Oh XXXX was good weren't he'

:icon_roll

I watch big league weekend every Monday night actually, so I get to see how good they are. And also I watched the play off finals so I saw Simeon Jackson then and in the cup game against Villa on ITV.

I watch big league weekend every Monday night actually, so I get to see how good they are. And also I watched the play off finals so I saw Simeon Jackson then and in the cup game against Villa on ITV.

:bang::bang::bang:

Do you have no idea of scouting a player?

The likes of Weale would have been watched for months, and I don't mean for a brief few seconds on some TV programme.

Your theory suggests if they have a good game, they're acceptable. You need to understand that theory is pure bollocks.

In total by watching the big league weekend ALL SEASON, you would have caught a glimpse that totalled approx 23 mins per player.

23 mins over a 9 ½ month season .... thank god your not our manager or part of our scouting team.

The likes of Weale would have been watched for months, and I don't mean for a brief few seconds on some TV programme.

Your theory suggests if they have a good game, they're acceptable. You need to understand that theory is pure bollocks.

In total by watching the big league weekend ALL SEASON, you would have caught a glimpse that totalled approx 23 mins per player.

23 mins over a 9 ½ month season .... thank god your not our manager or part of our scouting team.

Well not really I am not a scout.

And how do I suggest if they have a good name (please explain what a "good name" is) sign them?

I have seen about 383 minutes of Simeon Jackson this season and I know for a fact if we sign him he will scored goals.

your forgetting that in addition to the 23 minutes we all have access to football manager stats!

Well not really I am not a scout.

And how do I suggest if they have a good name (please explain what a "good name" is) sign them?

I have seen about 383 minutes of Simeon Jackson this season and I know for a fact if we sign him he will scored goals.

WTF are you on about? I suggest you read a post correctly, otherwise you make yourself look stupid. Although, that wouldn't be difficult :icon_wink

So, you've seen Simeon Jackson in 4 games, plus the Football show on Sky. 4 games and you know 'for sure' he'l be a success. A crazy claim IMO!!

Last edited:
WTF are you on about? I suggest you read a post correctly, otherwise you make yourself look stupid. Although, that wouldn't be difficult :icon_wink

Have to agree NF. Also, a player may look good, but may be an absolute pain the proverbial, or be abusive to his girlfriend/boyfriend/hamster - we don't know that by looking at the telly, but our scouts will by the contacts they have. I'm sure there are a few players we have not pursued because of off the pitch considerations.

So, you've seen Simeon Jackson in 4 games, plus the Football show on Sky. 4 games and you know 'for sure' he'l be a success. A crazy claim IMO!!

Oh shite I mis read it I thought you said game for some reason, sorry.

However that isn't my theory anyway, I have seen these players play a few times and I also see that they are scoring goals and I often go on other teams 606 pages and I see what the fans are saying about their players and the Rotherham and Wycombe fans are very positive towards Jackson and Reid.

Last edited:
You said that my theory is if they have a good name then sign them and I don't know why you thinkk I think this.

FFS, read my post! :bang:

GAME, not fecking name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670