Ricky Hatton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if he holds one of the world title belts at the same weight as one of the other guys then surely he must consider himself good enough to fight them. It's about the Challenge as Lewis did winning all 4 heavyweight belts.

Too right

Frankly I think we should all get to Manchester airport and boo the bloke when he flies back into the country

He has brought shame and disgrace to us all by his appalling actions

Too right

Frankly I think we should all get to Manchester airport and boo the bloke when he flies back into the country

He has brought shame and disgrace to us all by his appalling actions

Feck me! All I said was that Hatton is not a great boxer, not a disgrace to the country far from it.

If you ask me it all stems from people's limited knowledge of Boxing thereby, they can't argue with me in my actual argument.

Feck me! All I said was that Hatton is not a great boxer, not a disgrace to the country far from it.

If you ask me it all stems from people's limited knowledge of Boxing thereby, they can't argue with me in my actual argument.

Maybe it stems from people's limited knowledge of English.......

There's only really Miguel Cotto and Mayweather out there for Hatton, if he beat either of those it would be a great achievement. Mayweather is only 30 and only just retired, so IF Hatton could beat him the 'old past his prime argument' doesn't hold up.

Last edited:
What about De La Hoya?

Golden Boy is a legend but definitely coming past his prime, realistically a fight wouldn't happen this year so he'd be 35 by the time they got in the ring together.

Mayweather is only 30 and Cotto is a similar age to Hatton I think, they are all pretty close in terms of height as well. Mayweather seems to be shooting his mouth off, for a change, so it'd be great to see him fight Hatton. It would be close and Hatton would need more time to step up in weight if they fought at Welterweight than when he fought Collazo. I'd definitely stay up to watch that one.

Hatton is very good fighter but you are right that he hasn't yet fought a true great at the peak of his powers and he needs to if he wants to be called a great boxer. I'm not sure that he does, he just wants big fights now. I hope he fights Mayweather next and Cotto at some point after that or Witter. Other than that he hasn't got any big names to go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669