Ridsdale goes to Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, when I first read the title I thought it said Risdale goes to Prison :icon_bigg

For some reason, when I first read the title I thought it said Risdale goes to Prison :icon_bigg

I read it as Preston but hoped that it was a typo for Prison.

Presumably, he's been put in to broker a sell-on.

PNE can't balance the books and I can't think of any particular reason why a load of other similar clubs won't go down the same rocky path.

Still we're ok - because the Thais are going to bank roll us for ever and ever and ever - obviously.

Presumably, he's been put in to broker a sell-on.

PNE can't balance the books and I can't think of any particular reason why a load of other similar clubs won't go down the same rocky path.

Still we're ok - because the Thais are going to bank roll us for ever and ever and ever - obviously.
He's just round the corner.

It amazes me that someone who has displayed gross incompetence, crass arrogance and profound stupidity in every football-related job he's ever had can still be employed within the game. The best PNE can hope for from this is farce; the worst is far more serious.

It amazes me that someone who has displayed gross incompetence, crass arrogance and profound stupidity in every football-related job he's ever had can still be employed within the game. The best PNE can hope for from this is farce; the worst is far more serious.

Plymouth Argyle were £17.7 million pound in debt when he arrived there. He helped keep them from going in to liquidation, albeit he wasn't doing this out of the goodness of his own heart.

Some Argyle fans are pleased to have a club to support, but obviously you know better, as usual.

Plymouth Argyle were £17.7 million pound in debt when he arrived there. He helped keep them from going in to liquidation, albeit he wasn't doing this out of the goodness of his own heart.

Some Argyle fans are pleased to have a club to support, but obviously you know better, as usual.
Are you unaware of Ridsdale's history? Or are you just being argumentative because you misunderstood one post of mine about 47 years ago?

It amazes me that someone who has displayed gross incompetence, crass arrogance and profound stupidity in every football-related job he's ever had can still be employed within the game.
2 words, the first is sepp...

Are you unaware of Ridsdale's history? Or are you just being argumentative because you misunderstood one post of mine about 47 years ago?

I am just pointing out that some Argyle are grateful for his efforts. Don't be so precious, why would I want to argue with someone with extensive knowledge of Mr Ridsdale, as you manifestly have?

I suggest some reading into the Arygle situation.

He effectively reduced the club to possessing zero assets (meaning their new owner has had to sell Home Park to the city council for £1.6 million, having to pay rent thereby severly denting gate receipts etc. see Coventry) and then bought it for a pound. From here, he has now sold it onto James Brent at a considerable profit (Ridsdale wins - believed to be £6 million). During this stage the sale nearly fell through because the administrators wanted 500k from Brent to pay for their services.

Now Brendan Guilfoyle, the lead adminstrator for Plymouth Arygle has happened to appear in some sort of role at every single club Ridsdale has been involved with. I suspect he will be at Preston North End within 12 months.

I suggest some reading into the Arygle situation.

He effectively reduced the club to possessing zero assets (meaning their new owner has had to sell Home Park to the city council for £1.6 million, having to pay rent thereby severly denting gate receipts etc. see Coventry) and then bought it for a pound. From here, he has now sold it onto James Brent at a considerable profit (Ridsdale wins - believed to be £6 million). During this stage the sale nearly fell through because the administrators wanted 500k from Brent to pay for their services.

Now Brendan Guilfoyle, the lead adminstrator for Plymouth Arygle has happened to appear in some sort of role at every single club Ridsdale has been involved with. I suspect he will be at Preston North End within 12 months.

He is without doubt a wheeler-dealer, but judging by one of the Argyle forums, he is equally hated and respected.

He is without doubt a wheeler-dealer, but judging by one of the Argyle forums, he is equally hated and respected.
A member of the Plymouth Trust, who was at am meeting I was at on Monday, would be in the former catagory. I think that his opinion of any Argyle fan who had respect for Risdale would be that a trip to the asylum would be in order.

Are you?

He came to Cardiff when Sam Hammam was running up millions in debt, had failed to get planning permission for a new stadium because of financial concerns, and was seriously considering moving the franchise to Ireland.

Ridsdale got the stadium built, took us to Wembley 3 times and left us with new billionaire owners.
OK he told some porkies. Big porkies. And made himself a tidy packet doing it too.

But would we be in as good a position today without his intervention? I think not.

Are you?

He came to Cardiff when Sam Hammam was running up millions in debt, had failed to get planning permission for a new stadium because of financial concerns, and was seriously considering moving the franchise to Ireland.

Ridsdale got the stadium built, took us to Wembley 3 times and left us with new billionaire owners.
OK he told some porkies. Big porkies. And made himself a tidy packet doing it too.

But would we be in as good a position today without his intervention? I think not.

I quite agree, without Ridsdale they would probably not be in the League.

Is Ridsdale any better or worse than Mandaric? Unlike Blue Maniac I think appointing Ridsdale is not a crass move. But as we all know BM is always right.

I quite agree, without Ridsdale they would probably not be in the League.

Is Ridsdale any better or worse than Mandaric? Unlike Blue Maniac I think appointing Ridsdale is not a crass move. But as we all know BM is always right.

I can't find anywhere where anyone, except those using it sarcastically, has said BM is always right. To be honest he is often wrong, especially when it comes to planning transport routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669