Ridsdale goes to Preston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite agree, without Ridsdale they would probably not be in the League.

Is Ridsdale any better or worse than Mandaric? Unlike Blue Maniac I think appointing Ridsdale is not a crass move. But as we all know BM is always right.
Don't get me wrong, there were time when I thought the club was going through the hoop. Langstone(Hammam) and HMRC chasing for money nearly got us wound up in the courts. We sailed very close to the wind.

Basically, he is a weapon of last resort. He knows his way around debt but also how to make money out of other people's misfortune. Many find that distasteful especially as he still has the Leeds spectre hanging over him.

Summed up well by a Plymouth fan here...

''Ridsdale will only ever do what's in his best interests, those interests will not always be the same as your's. Ridsdale doesn't need to spend to ruin a club. Whilst at Argyle he did his best to force through a takeover that was a great deal for him and pretty much no one else, certainly not the club, if it had gone through we'd have lost our ground to a property developer, that would have led to troubles further down the line without Ridsdale spending a penny. He may not be spending money you don't have (yet at least, if he ever gets control I'm sure he will) but he will have a plan to get something out of your club. Do not ever trust him, he's an incredible liar and knows exactly what football fans want to hear, I imagine whatever his scheme is it'll sound superficially appealing but you cannot ever take him at his word, he will never have your clubs best interests at heart. ''

Summed up well by a Argyle fan here;

"Just to clarify some of the above - the HMRC were not seeking to appoint their own administrator, they were seeking to have us wound up. This is often referred to (in administration circles) as the nuclear option.

This means that we would have been closed down with assets realised. HMRC reckoned that this was the tactic most likely to get the maximum public-owed monies back.

Even if they wanted the club to manage its way to better financial health, the petitioner (ie HMRC) do not choose the administrator - this role would be filled by the court, effectively from a 'duty list'.

Credit where credit's due, the Riddler played a significant role in saving us."

But as we all know BM is always right.
I'd love to know what your real problem is. Honestly. I'm at a loss to explain why you choose to make stupid, snide comments with almost every post.
I can't find anywhere where anyone, except those using it sarcastically, has said BM is always right. To be honest he is often wrong, especially when it comes to planning transport routes.
Not that often.

I'd love to know what your real problem is. Honestly. I'm at a loss to explain why you choose to make stupid, snide comments with almost every post..

Just giving an honest opinion, much like you do. This is an internet forum I believe. Go and have lie down in a darkened room and perhaps you'll feel better afterwards.

Just giving an honest opinion, much like you do. This is an internet forum I believe. Go and have lie down in a darkened room and perhaps you'll feel better afterwards.
I just did that for eight hours. Now I feel great. Thanks for the advice :thumbs_up

It's not a problem, perhaps you should see your proctolgist again.:098:
You do realise Homer isn't qualified don't you? If you've let him have a rummage around, he'll be the only one feeling the benefit. And there are three Os....

You do realise Homer isn't qualified don't you? If you've let him have a rummage around, he'll be the only one feeling the benefit. And there are three Os....

eeerrrr.... four !

Good call if Ridsdale made it though as Brown is an awful manager and comes across as a bit of a c u next tuesday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669