RIP Jackie Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was my Dad's favorite ever LCFC player.... He claims we have never had a decent winger since Jackie.

He's right, Weller and Glover were rubbish. The only one to come close was Josh Low.

Ironically Tommy Wright, a cousin of Jackie Sinclair is the best winger I have seen play for City.

He was my Dad's favorite ever LCFC player.... He claims we have never had a decent winger since Jackie.

My Dad rated him as well and he was in the team when I first starting going regularly and well remember the song as well, and we've used it for other wingers since of course.

He scored 50 goals in 103 appearances for us. That today for a winger would be worldclass. I seem to remember he had a good game for the Geordies in the Fairs Cup Final and he scored as they beat Glasgow Rangers in the Fairs Cup Semi Final second-leg at St. James’ Park.

RIP JACKIE

sorry Jeff, your wrong, Weller and Glover were two great players. I saw them all, and the best for me was Glover, but its an opinion, as a right winger Sinclair was indeed an outstanding player, but Weller had more strings to his bow, midfield playmaker, right wing it didn't matter, he could play both with considerable ease. Lenny Glover in a class of his own, speed, flair, goalscorer gave 100% everytime he played, and a leftie to boot.

Ironically Tommy Wright, a cousin of Jackie Sinclair is the best winger I have seen play for City.

My favourite all time City player (I only started watching in 1990)

Jackie Sinclair. Great player. Fast, skillful, tuff and could score goals. We were stupid to sell him.

Sinclair and Dougan, great partnership. Sinclair, Goodfellow, Dougan, Gibson, Stringfellow fantastic forward line.

Disgracefully few posts in honour of Jackie Sinclair. I can only think all on here are teenagers too young to remember.

Jackie Sinclair. Great player. Fast, skillful, tuff and could score goals. We were stupid to sell him.

Sinclair and Dougan, great partnership. Sinclair, Goodfellow, Dougan, Gibson, Stringfellow fantastic forward line.

Disgracefully few posts in honour of Jackie Sinclair. I can only think all on here are teenagers too young to remember.

Although too young to remember him, I am well aware of him. My granddad who had been following Leicester since the war brought me up on tales of the Matt Gillies' side which chased the double in the early 60s, he always told me that was by far and away the best Leicester side he ever saw, far better than anything MON or Bloomfield put out. I could probably name that side off by heart just by the tales he told me: Banks, Gibson, McLintock, Cross, Stringfellow, Keyworth, Sjoberg, Sinclair, Dougan, Goodfellow...

So, I am well aware what he did for the club and while I am sad for the loss of someone who helped build this club to what it is today, I don't know why you think I or anyone else has to come in here and post some pointless "RIP" post just to show this to everyone.

Last edited:
i will always remember Jackie as he scored a hat-trick in the first ever game i went to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669